Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm

My next project is to look for places that look like Rohan or Tom Bombadils house, if the weather is good I may try this weekend, but its crimbo so I may go next week. cat
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:12 pm

It's amazing to me that you live in a place where you can look for such diverse and beautiful landscapes. I hope you'll post any other photos you take here as well, Mrs Figg! Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks Eldo, I am happy you like them, I only have a cheap digital camera, so the quality is not on a par with a real photographer, I wish I had something classy like a Hasselhoff or whatever they are called. Very Happy If we ever decide to remake LOTR, if someone wins the lottery, I hope you would let me be your locations manager, talking of such, they guys who made the Hunt for Gollum told me that they are making a fantasy based film next year, I dont know if it is Tolkien based, but it would be cool to help out on a voluntary basis. Very Happy

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:58 pm

Well, the only pictures I take are with a smartphone, so yours look very good to me. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Mrs Figg's latest is the Mirrormere. Wherever she finds these is a mystery but they're great locations and greater photos. Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 AmMd2
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks Eldo, I was hoping someone would photoshop stars in the water like the ones Frodo saw, I dont know if its possible without them looking kinda stuck on and I wouldnt know how to do it anyway. this place is near my home, its the same place as the photo I did of the Dead marshes. sunny
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:49 am

Nice. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:18 pm

A shot of Ben A'an- not taken by me sadly but from the BBC Scotland public photos section. Was just such a cracking image had to put it up.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Benaan

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:44 pm

me likey Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Not nearly a good as others posted here, but I took these a while back. I was taking a hike or walk or whatever it may be called up the forest roads above our house and suddenly I had a 'the road goes ever on and on' moment. And I felt I should take a picture or two and share on this thread. Smile
They came out surprisingly well considering I only had a small compact camera.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Roadgoesever1

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Roadgoesever3

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Roadgoesever

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:32 pm

"'the road goes ever on and on' moment"

I love those Very Happy Wonderful pics, by the way! Mind if I ask where you live?

We're going out for a couple of weeks on Monday, if somebody brings a camera I'll post some pics - which reminds me I should've posted the pics from our last "trip" ages ago! I must get around to that, I think there were some good ones.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Looking forward to seeing them Ringdrotten.
And those are cracking pics Amarie, love shots like that, 'whats over the horizon stuff'. Very Happy
Our countries are remarkably similar in many ways.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm

Gorgeous pictures, Petty and Amarie! I love more mountainous and interesting terrain than I'm used to, and you both seem to live in places like that. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:12 pm

It looks like the road to Hogwarts Amarie. lovely Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks guys!

Ringdrotten wrote:"'the road goes ever on and on' moment"

I love those Very Happy Wonderful pics, by the way! Mind if I ask where you live?

Tja, how detailed should one get on a public forum? Wink På Nordvestlandet, North West. Which is not the western part of North Norway, but the northern part of West Norway. Wink

Last edited by Amarië on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Looking forward to seeing them Ringdrotten.
And those are cracking pics Amarie, love shots like that, 'whats over the horizon stuff'. Very Happy
Our countries are remarkably similar in many ways.

I know. Just a sea apart Smile I think I'd go crazy if I lived where I couldn't see the sea or mountains.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 pm

I quite agree. Beyond a brief stay in Glasgow almost my entire life has been made up of a horizon of the same set of hills and the sea. And it continues to delight and take my breath away and inspire.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirabella Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:16 am

What al lovely setting as backdrop for a wedding, Petty, if one was ever to have one.
Mirabella
Mirabella
Woman strong enough to not fear beauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:54 pm

this is some nice landskape. Taken with my mobilephone.
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Mobilb10
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Mobilb11
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Mobilb12
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Mobilb13
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Mobilb14
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Mobilb15Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Mobilb16
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 Mobilb17
the last one here is actually the only one where the light is correct. this is late in the summer. around August I think.

Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Quite simply stunning Norc (is that oval road a racetrack down in the glen?)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Quite simply stunning Norc (is that oval road a racetrack down in the glen?)
no.. I don't really know.. could be Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:59 pm

It looks a bit like the place they used for Edoras in LOTR. it looks wild and fresh up there. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Loch Eck- my mate and his girlfriend live in a cottage on the shores of this loch- and yes it is that stunning in real life!

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 13 408007_274192589311806_100001632024

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Wowzer! Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:10 pm

For obvious reasons its also known locally as the Glass Loch- it gets completely smooth and reflective- even more so than in that pic.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next