Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amariƫ
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:08 pm

I prefer the second foggier pic- but good work again Mrs Figg.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:13 pm

thanks Petty, I cant find the right Barrow Down photo, its not how I imagined it really, I want to find a long expanse of mounds in green grass with a few standing stones and maybe a road in the distance. I also couldnt find the right Old man Willow, its not gnarled or alive enough, also my Rohan sucks, cant find the right one for that either Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Yeah thats wre having a program like terragen2 to make your own landscapes comes in handy- although its a s**t load easier just to find a suitable photo.
If you can get GIMP working on your notebook and use the tips in the tutorial I put up you could use a sky from one picture and land from another- gives you more options when considering pictures.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 pm

yes that would be handy. I will have a look at this gimp thingy, btw how do you find it? can you Google it? you know how I love to Google. I have also discovered I like a bit of bling on my pics, they all have blinging twinkly sparkly bits its really funny. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Yeah you can google for it. Or just go their site here- http://www.gimp.org/

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 pm

Caradhras?

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/lrg/29/2968/8J8QD00Z.jpg
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 pm

that looks very Caradhras to me Lance, good find. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:00 pm

The Ford

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Forest-and-river95

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:02 pm

Mirkwood

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Forest-old-trees7
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:27 pm

On the Ford one I would be tempted to change the rock colour in the foreground as it its almost exactly the same as the water colour. A quick use of the clone brush you can cover the whole area in green and the river will stand out more.

I like the Mirkwood picture but looks to nice and friendly to my eyes for Mirkwood, needs more Mirk maybe.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 pm

ha I know what you mean about Mirk, but any more and you cant see the Wood, unfortunately. Very Happy I will have a go at the rock colour see if I can change it.

edit, ok I beefed it up, the water hopefully is now a bit more blue. Very Happy

this is the original if you fancy a whirl?
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Forest-and-river
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Mirk

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Forest-old-trees78
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Now that says MIRKwood Mrs Figg- I like. cheers

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Ok- here's my go at the Ford one (thanks for the original pic Mrs Figg). Thought given the time of year late autumn look was suitable.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Forest-and-riverredo

Right, not if you'll excuse me I am apprently needed down the NotP offices. Chris' birthday edition must be on the way! cheers My bloody back! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 pm

love the Autumn feel Petty. cheers I didnt remember it was at that time of the year they were at the Ford.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:21 am

Mrs Figg, you're latest Mirkwood pic is awesome. Very Happy I love the spooky, ethereal feel to it and all the trees. I've been really impressed by the image work in this thread lately! Petty's pic of the ford is good too; I love how you guys can change the feel of a photo so much.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:47 am

Eldorion wrote:Mrs Figg, you're latest Mirkwood pic is awesome. Very Happy I love the spooky, ethereal feel to it and all the trees.

It looks exactly like my back yard! Shocked
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:37 am

thanks Eldo, I tried to sneak a few Elven party lights in there without it looking too much like fairy twinkle. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:57 pm

That was one of the things I liked most about it. The lights seemed to fit naturally as part of the setting. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:43 pm

cheers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:30 am

Trollshaws at dusk Shocked

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 7188992544_777b7652d2_z7
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Nice Mrs Figg. Bit more vertical than I had imagined it, bit steeper, but still like it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:43 pm

owzabout this then? Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Untitled3656copia

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Eagle ledge? affraid

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 860828378_s9Mrs-L-15
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:28 am

Those are spectacular!
By contrast, this post is an experiment to see if I can figure out how to upload pictures in a form I can post. These are just unmodified snapshots I took of some of the big trees near my house. The light is bad and the photography is horrible, but the trees are pretty cool and Mirkwoody I think.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Th_SANY0672 Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Th_SANY0675

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Th_SANY0673 Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 25 Th_SANY0669

Edit: hmmm.....probably should save them bigger next time.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next