Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 2:08 pm

yes I think it must be Legolas as the picture is called 'Tracking Orcs' Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Norc Fri May 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:yes I think it must be Legolas as the picture is called 'Tracking Orcs' Very Happy

yes, and that he has long flowing hair and .. looking rather handsome Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Razz indeed! I also like the way he has drawn the leaves and plants in the drawings, the one with Legolas has lovely ferns in the foreground, they look Elvish too, so delicate and art nouveau looking.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 18, 2012 2:23 pm

We hear so much about hobbit lasses it was about bloomin' time we saw some hobbit asses. Now if we can just put the two of 'em together.....

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 18, 2012 2:24 pm

I know, so much wonderful detailing Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri May 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:The White Rider

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 Gandalf_helmsdeep_donato

The pictures are spectacular! I want to critique this one strictly from the standpoint of a horse, though. In this picture Shadowfax is at an easy lope, with a calm eye and his ears and nostrils casually scanning what is ahead. Gandalf is seated with his legs dangling and his center of gravity high and behind the horse's, so that any sudden turn or jump will leave him on his back in the dirt.

I would like to have seen Shadowfax in full charge, his legs stretched, head lowered, neck extended and taut like iron, ears pinned back, nostrils flairing, mouth open to breathe and to scream, and white showing all around the pupils of his eyes. That's what an aggressive stallion looks like when the testosterone is flowing.

Gandalf should be laying low against Shadowfax's back, his head right alongside his horse's neck and his feet behind him clamped to the horses sides, his body moving in complete unison with Shadowfax. His staff probably thrust forward like a jousting lance as he leads the charge.

At least that's how I picture it.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Yeah, I mostly agree. But! this is Shadowfax, not just any old pony or hot headed stallion. They are leading the people behind then, not leaving them, so he's not even close to full speed. And Shadowfax would never let Gandalf fall.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 Hoyhest

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri May 18, 2012 4:07 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 Hoyhest
lol!
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 18, 2012 4:29 pm

I agree with you both at the same time, but I get the feeling of immense speed from Gandalfs flying robes and hair, whereas Shadowfax looks almost still in comparison, its as if Shadowfax is in fith gear, cruise speed, very smooth and like a cheetah hunting, the eyes are completely still and focused on one spot but the legs underneath are running like the wind.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sat May 19, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat May 19, 2012 12:36 am

Looking at that I'm reminded how much I miss my old "Born to be Wild" poster which had a picture of a stallion galloping through water and pretty much summed up my life. silent

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 19, 2012 1:18 am

halfwise wrote:We hear so much about hobbit lasses it was about bloomin' time we saw some hobbit asses. Now if we can just put the two of 'em together.....

put what together? Sam and Frodo? are you a closet-conspirator of Frosam or Samdo or whatever??
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat May 19, 2012 2:39 pm

I think thats my fav emoticon yet Amarie- lol!

Ally I am intrigued- were you the stallion in this metaphor Shocked or the river? Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat May 19, 2012 6:44 pm

River? Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat May 19, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm guessing the grass on the banks of the river.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 pm

What do you think? Rolling Eyes (((Ally- what do I think?)))

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Pic taken last night by a friend on the ferry last night- this is the Holy Loch- where the US Navy base was and which at one time had a massive submarine base and ship in the middle of it. Looks so tranquil now.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 540544_10150995255924880_1675633962

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri May 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Very nice Very Happy
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri May 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Beautiful

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Love the colours *-*
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Couple of pics a friend took.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 425570_10150779081653776_650458775_

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 382438_10151134245268776_650458775_-1

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon May 28, 2012 7:12 pm

a picture i took this may Smile
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 21 Sam_1510
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon May 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Norc wrote:a picture i took this may Smile

At least the sun is above the horizon! Smile

I really loved visiting your part of the world, Norc. It's beautiful! It's just a little cold sometimes.....
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon May 28, 2012 7:39 pm

David H wrote:
Norc wrote:a picture i took this may Smile

At least the sun is above the horizon! Smile

I really loved visiting your part of the world, Norc. It's beautiful! It's just a little cold sometimes.....

haha xD yeah. sometimes.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon May 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Apart from using a calendar how do you know when its NOT winter? Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Like a Star @ heaven you get a freckle this big on your nose when its Summer. In the Winter its normally this size *
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next