Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amariƫ
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 12 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:55 am

"As someone who was raised in a Quaker Meeting"- Eldo

That must have been one hell of a long meeting!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 12 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:22 am

Quakers have their own definitions (sometimes multiple ones!) for a number of words: meeting, clerk, etc. In the usage I meant (which I should have clarified), "meeting" is synonymous with "church", although the latter is not a word generally used by Quakers of the denomination I'm familiar with.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:10 am

Eldorion wrote: lol! Maybe they should have sent the Pilgrims to Australia so they could spend all their time evangelizing to convicts.

They would soon be drinking bucking and riding kangaroos!

Eldorion wrote:Two birds, one stone. Very Happy

We'd keep the two birds and send those Pilgrims back with the stone, which may well have been firmly inserted up their collected evangelisms! (We have a dim view of God. He had never even known Ozhobbitstan existed until James Cook got here. Mind, the Aboriginals always knew this Land was here. They believe in a great Dream Serpent that created All. Jehovah only created the Northern Hemisphere by all accounts - and, as to that, I will say no more).

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:23 am

Jeez, glad I'm not a Quaker. Same-sex marriages allowed? That's just bad form Wink
Having multiple wives is the way to go Laughing

(we do not actually practice that)
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:30 am

Lorient Avandi wrote:(we do not actually practice that)

Really? What's the point of being a Mormon if not divinely-ordained threesomes with your multiple wives? Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:36 am

Even when polygamy was practiced, they never had sex with more than one wife per night
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:46 am

Bo-ring.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:47 am

Shocked What the hells the point of it then? Twice the nagging but not twice the nooky! That's madness that is. Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Beren Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:50 am

Monogamy is the right and proper practice! Even if it means forcing your wife to die as a mortal and you going on an impossible mission, losing your hand, getting attacked by a wolf, watching your friends get eaten alive, and dealing with a pair of elvish jerks. But it's worth it!
Beren
Beren
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:55 am

l agree with Petty. To my mind Odo and his 2 wives have got it worked out. Sex when it suits them and 3 never a crowd.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Mrs Figgs rather smashing pictures.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 12 387355_275887385794762_100001205082015_803547_1611212797_n

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 12 376484_275889699127864_100001205082015_803548_1764039619_n

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:04 am

Wow, those look great
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:54 am

Gorgeous pics; I'm glad that they were able to be posted! Out of curiosity (and because I missed the initial posting of them), where were these taken?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:49 am

thanks they were taken near Vinci in tuscany, the castle is from Massa Cozzile study
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond Banks Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:15 am

Quite stunning, Mrs Figg!
Diamond Banks
Diamond Banks
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Hope you don't mind Mrs Figg but I took the liberty of adding to your excellent 'Hobbiton' photo.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 12 Hobitholes3-1

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 6 times in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:51 pm

That's awesome! Very Happy lol!
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:39 pm

thats so cool Petty, I kind of imagined it would look like that when I saw the hills. and the Party Tree.

cheers Kissing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Soon as I saw the pic something clicked between that and the banner we use on here and went, 'yup, that'll work.' Love it when that happens (sadly its rare)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:17 am

Pure luck if you ask me. And anyway, if I was clever like you, Petty, I could do just as well. You know that, don't you! Mad

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:00 am

If I was half as clever as I pretend to be I'd pretend to be half as clever again! drunken
Oow I think I strained something in my head with that sentence. No

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:01 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Hope you don't mind Mrs Figg but I took the liberty of adding to your excellent 'Hobbiton' photo.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 12 Hobitholes3-1

Thats very good Petty bounce bounce bounce
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 am

Even though I saw the original on Facebook, it took me a moment to recognize that because it blends together so seamlessly with the elements of the painting. Another gorgeous photo, Mrs Figg, and an awesome edit job, Petty! It really does look like Hobbiton as I imagined it. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:35 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:If I was half as clever as I pretend to be I'd pretend to be half as clever again! drunken
Oow I think I strained something in my head with that sentence. No

If you were half as clever as I think you are, you'd be (approximately) only a quarter as clever as you'd (probably) like to be.... or, at least, somethin' like that... scratch

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 am

"It really does look like Hobbiton as I imagined it."- Eldo

If I get time I am planning to try to see if I can tweak it a little more- the only thing wrong for me is the lack of flowers under the windows and in the garden, so going to see if I can make it look like Sam and his Dad do some work!

Orwell I think you may have strained somethng too- only in your case it was mid-sentence. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next