Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amarië
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 11 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Saradoc Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:18 am

Looks great;.stonehenge in the background there? Razz

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 11 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Thanks for the comments. I wasn't sure if it was too foggy or too dark, but the description in the book includes the sun setting so it had to be very low in the sky. Gave me no end of problems that did!

I actually have a Stonehenge model Saradoc, well Stonehenge as it would have been before bits of it fell down that is, but these are just individually placed stones.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Wow... That really is the Barrow Downs. I'm scared and wanna go home!

And Cousin Tyrant really has a good eye, those pictures are excellent!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:35 pm

All Tyrants have a good eye Amarie, some of us even have two!

This is a bit of a liberty but Mrs Tiggs took a lovely picture she wished had some power cables removed, but was uncertain how to go about it. I used GIMP and the clone tool to remove everything modern from it, but the exact same simple technique can be done in photoshop if thats what you use. Its just a matter of copying stuff close to where you want to cover up and cloning over the top. Here's the pic (but if you'd rather I didn't post it Mrs Tiggs I can delete this post- I did send you a message asking permission honest-but I just can't resist the chance for something creative when I can see the solution!- and besides its a cracking pic, well worth sharing with as large an audience as possible)

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 11 Juliaspicnomodern[/img]

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Amarië wrote:Wow... That really is the Barrow Downs. I'm scared and wanna go home!

And Cousin Tyrant really has a good eye, those pictures are excellent!

I had a similar reaction, Amarie. And that effect created just from a picture with no atmospheric music to enhance it, or dark creatures to inhabit the location; for the location itself is scary as is. affraid Who needs super-duper CGI? Realism works well with Tolkien I think.

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Fantastic picture, Petty Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 11 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:10 pm

If you mean the Barrows one Ringdrotten then I thank you.
But if you mean the autumn one with the castle then the praise is due to Mrs Tiggs- as it is her photo- I just did a little post work on it to demonstrate how easy it was to use the clone tool to remove unwanted elements llike power lines, roads and buildings.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:59 pm

The comment goes for both, really, though it was the editing I was commenting. But of course, the photographer deserves praise too, it is a wonderful picture Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 11 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:16 am

Yes it is. My favourite time of the year Autumn. Its that time of the year when you have to start preparing for winter by squirrling away your buckie stash for the cold months to follow.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 am

I would post pics but I can't upload from my iphone. Sad
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:22 am

That a shame Lorient. No way to get them from your phone onto something you can upload from?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:51 am

I guess I could email them to myself and post them from a regular computer. Shrugging
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:46 am

Sounds like a plan to me Lorient- go for it. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:12 am

Can't wait to see the pictures you've got, Lorient!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:24 pm

Should get them posted sometime tonight. The quality isn't great cause the iPhone 3GS has a garbage camera
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:39 am

Problems Lorient? Suspect Although uploading does suck.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:13 am

Sorry, wasn't able to access a regular comp like I thought. I'm not sure when I can post them
Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:21 am

Well I went to view the pics on my phone and they werent there! Extremely Crabbit My best guess is that when I recently updated my phone it deleted all of my pics! Evil or Very Mad. It must be some Apple conspiracy Suspect

Lorient Avandi
Lorient Avandi
Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:38 am

That's a shame Lorient. I was looking forward to pics of people with strange beards on carts and horses- oh hold on is that Quakers?! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:That's a shame Lorient. I was looking forward to pics of people with strange beards on carts and horses- oh hold on is that Quakers?! Very Happy

You're thinking Amish. Razz As someone who was raised in a Quaker Meeting, it got old really fast having people ask why I wasn't wearing a top hat, or how could my family own a car. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:03 am

Ah sorry, its hard to keep straight all the Christian cults in the US- you have so many of them.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:46 am

I'm afraid England is to blame for Quakerism, Petty. I was fortunate to grow up in one of the less dogmatic and moer tolerant Quaker organizations out there, though. Open-minded enough to perform same-sex marriages, but not open-minded enough to cease financial support to larger, explicitly homophobic Quaker organizations. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:45 am

The English are to blame for much Eldo, however on this one occasion it seems to me taking all the people who didn't want any buckie drinking, dancing or fun to be had, putting them all on a big boat and telling them paradise was across the otherside of an immense ocean why don't they go find it, was quite a good idea at the time. Better for all however had they also drilled some holes in the boats first just to make sure.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:06 am

lol! Maybe they should have sent the Pilgrims to Australia so they could spend all their time evangelizing to convicts. Give the rest of society a break and have a suitably unpleasant punishment for criminals. Two birds, one stone. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:11 am

Now thats good thinking Eldo- just what those Ozhobbits need too. That's why you're the Admin! Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next