Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

+26
yooper
Lancebloke
halfwise
David H
Norc
Mirabella
Diamond Banks
Mrs Figg
Beren
Lorient Avandi
Amariƫ
Anne
janesmith
Orwell
chris63
Baingil
Biffo Banks
Tinuviel
Kafria
Saradoc
odo banks
Ally
Squach
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
30 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Baingil Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 am

They call it a kilt because many people were kilt when they called it a skirt. Razz
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice.

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I think you will find the amount of male flaunting is directly related to how much buckie they have under there.

And how attractive the lassies are.

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 am

Baingil wrote:They call it a kilt because many people were kilt when they called it a skirt. Razz

But only is Scotshobbiton, I hear tell.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:07 am

Kafria wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 ImagesqtbnANd9GcQT8vvaCmA2s8iTNU8gy1_KwAHM2Wl4C29MWmqGsftOg4WFV3XWaA

Well these would fit the bill then! Still look like skirts to me! Laughing

Oh my. Embarassed I had no idea that the men of Scotshobbiton were so ... cute. flower
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:08 am

Extremely Crabbit

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:30 am

{{{{{ Laughing }}}}}
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:57 am

cyclops

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 pm

The edge of Mirkwood.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Mirkwood[/img]

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm

Very nice, Petty. Smile Out of curiosity, what are the plants (ferns?) at the edge of the forest in the foreground of the picture?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:32 pm

There's two types of grass in there Eldo, ferns, bushes and a small shrub!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Did another version of the Mirkwood pic with some more 'stuff' in it.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Mirkwood2[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:01 pm

That's awesome! I always find trees hard to do in any format. Tried to decarate a cake with a tree a few days ago, didn't turn out well. The guitar was just as bad. Oh well. Looks a lovely opening in the picture, I guess there aren't too many in Mirkwood looking as naturally gorgeous as that!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 pm

You should mail that image to Peter Jackson, Petty - I'm not sure I liked his Mirkwood (though it might look better on film).

I thought I'd update this thread with some autumn pictures from Norway. I have not taken them myself, but they are taken in areas not far from where I live (they're from a photo contest in the local newspaper).

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 114223-BHalsethVaamyra

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 114220-AMSRovikSnillfjord

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 114212-IEnganOktober

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 114243-ULofshus0010

Also, pictures from my latest adventure will be posted as soon as possible!

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Stunning Ringdrotten, just stunning. But dangerous- a giant herring could easily lurk in those!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Is it just the light in Norway? but those photos almost look like animations to me, Ringdrotten? I guess it's just that maybe the light's different in different parts of the world. Australian light is very bright and intense perhaps? I should travel. Laughing

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:33 pm

It's a mix of light and autumn colours I think, Anne Smile As to giant herrings, Petty - I've not seen that many lately (let alone caught any!). But you are quite right, I should watch my steps Suspect

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 pm

Always Ringdrotten, of all the fish they are the most wily and cunning. Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:13 am

Laughing

....or is it just that how the light is in Fjordianland? Very Happy

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Not my own pictures but I liked them.

The Eildon Hills. A touch of Autumn in Scotland.

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Capture[/img]

The River tay

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Capture3[/img]

Dalgety Bay, River Forth

[img]Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. - Page 9 Capture2[/img]

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Beautiful pictures, Petty - one day I'll get that damned ship ready and set sail for Scotland. One day Neutral

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Don't take too long Ringdrotten I'm not getting any younger and by Scottish standards I am now in the twilight of my life with nothing left except to wait for the buckie to finally pickle me!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:39 pm

{{{Err... you do know Ringdrotten is from Skattykatzenfjord dont you, Petty? Shocked Beware a Fjordianlandian bearing flowers, that's what I say. Wink }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:45 am

{{{ Shocked }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:10 pm

flower

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Ringdrotten wrote: flower

Well played!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next