Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Forest Shepherd
halfwise
chris63
13 posters

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:24 pm

There is a painting by Maxfield Parrish which is almost identical, its called 'romance' apart from the foreground as it has two people in a kind of terrace. I cant upload it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:28 pm

If you can see it, then do a screen capture.

Is this it?

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 5 Romanc10

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:58 pm

thats it! cheers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:59 pm

There is another painting with two people, one lying on the ground, thats quite similar as well
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:36 pm

I'll let you find it. Remember you can use the PC screen shot: windows-shift-S

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:21 pm

I don't think so Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:16 am

malickfan wrote:I've always assumed the Ringrwaiths were something like tribal rulers or shamans from Khand or Harad who were gifted the rings by Sauron after he helped them in a civil war or something.

Isn't "they were once great kings of men" a phrase of Aragorn's somewhere.. scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:20 am

Damn, at least piquing the interest, so might actually have to give it a look, which to my very skeptical outlook is already a win on their part. No great hopes of the writers from their track-record as far as I recall? That Wheel of Time thing is also looking rather shoddily put together. Let's see how long the fantasy fad lasts this time around.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:09 am

{{{ Regards the nazgul I dont see how they can tell the story of the Rings without fleshing out and inventing characters for at least the Witch-King and Khamul, if not more (same is true for the main dwarves who get rings).
There is certainly scope for invention there, we know little about the Nazgul beyond they were great Kings and leaders of men, they were powerful, they were probably not very nice people to start with, several if not the majority were Numenoreon.
If they want diversity there is scope for it with invented contenders for future Nazgul. In the 2nd age we can have corrupt lords on Numenor, the Numenoreons move into their colonial expansionist phase of middle earth which is rife for bad lords of men to rise- the shady treatment of the Dunlendings and the Woses, we can have the Harad/Umbar connections and so include someone from there as a Nazgul, and we have Khamul who is said to be an Easterling. Allowing for more space to explore another different culture.
I wont be suprised if the witch-king at least is one of the main characters we follow.
Nor will it surprise me is if at least one of the nazgul turns out to be a woman. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:31 am

Didn't we briefly have a "Nazgul Princess" logging on to the forum?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Theres defo going to be a female Nazgul, flashbacks to her falling in love with the big cheese Nazgul when he was alive, but he copped off with her cousin Hilda, and you know, feels.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:45 am

{{ Halfy Ive given up looking at new members names, folk join reasonably regularly then you never hear a peep out of them or see them again. We that scary a bunch? Shocked Maybe its time for my annual bath and kilt beating! No }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:49 pm

Nazgul Princess only posted 3 times.  I made a somewhat pervy comment about the seductions of evil and she disappeared.  But looking at her, can you blame me?

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 5 Screen66

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:55 pm

Hmm, I wonder...could the figure in the screenshot be Feanor? might we get a flashback to the forging of the silmarils?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:16 pm

That would be nice. I can see the whole first episode being prologue.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:43 am

{{ Well if the focus of the actual main series is indeed the 2nd Age as they say, then one of two possibilities spring to mind. Either they have pulled a fast one and concealed from everyone the true nature of the show, or the early stuff will be prologue like, even if an episode long in itself, but will most likely focus on themes and characters relevant to the main era the show is set in.

If its the first option then its possible the entire first series will in fact be set in the First Age, and we will get major events from then, Silmarils and all. This could have some support in the reveal that Sauron will not be the main enemy of the first series-

'According to reports made on TheOneRing.net, bosses have decided to keep the villain out of the debut season in a bid to leave the viewers ‘wanting more’.'- Metro

If however the main focus of the series is indeed as they have claimed the 2nd Age, then Id say we can expect to get a prologue, maybe short maybe as long as an epiosde or even two, covering in brief the major events with a focus on the roles of Galadriel, who we know is cast, Elrond too, and Morgoth, with Sauron appearing but only as the right hand man. They will probably also touch on Beren and Luthien, as its romance, and it echoes the Aragorn/Arwen story much of the audience will already be familar with and involves Sauron and Morgoth. Plus its got excellent visuals with lots of stuff modern tv audiences like, like werewolves fighting massive hounds while people lose appendages.

But narratively whichever way they go in showing stuff from pre-2nd Age it would only make sense to focus on the characters and events that most directly related to those of the 2nd Age and the forging of the Rings of Power if thats the main subject matter of the show. So put our thinking caps on and we could deduce it down to what such a prologue could contain based on the characters and themes of the 2nd Age.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:28 pm

'According to reports made on TheOneRing.net, bosses have decided to keep the villain out of the debut season in a bid to leave the viewers ‘wanting more’.'- Metro

If there's no villian the whole first season I think they'll lose viewers from boredom. I can see having signs of him at work throughout but leaving the reveal until the last episode. Guessing game: who is Sauron disguised as?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:35 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:55 pm

I just started to watch this, but...half an hour on just one image?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:28 pm

I agree it must be Tirion, but like the narrator I don't feel the river fits (though a river through a cleft in the mountains does make natural sense). For me Tuna should be more prominent a hill, and I still don't like that damn wall.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:25 am

I've enhanced the two trees.

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 5 Twotre10

These are pedestrian to my eye. I've always imagined them with a more magical form, closer to magnolias or...not something you find in your neighborhood. These are street trees. enh.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:29 pm

'Production of the new Lord of the Rings television series will move to the UK from New Zealand, Amazon Studios has confirmed.
UK culture secretary Oliver Dowden welcomed the decision.
He said: "Thousands of high quality jobs all across the UK will be created and supported by The Lord of the Rings television series so this is very exciting news."
Amazon Studios, the film and TV arm of the technology giant, has already spent $465m (£336.5m) on the first season of the show.
It said the shift in locations was part of a plan to expand its production space and consolidate its footprint in the UK.
The first season of the show will finish filming in New Zealand and will be shown on Amazon Prime in September 2022.
Production will then move to the UK and four more seasons of the show are expected to be made.
New Zealand's economic development minister Stuart Nash said the government was "disappointed" by the decision.'- BBC News

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:36 pm

so the right grass length then. Wink
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:43 pm

It's the color that matters.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:51 pm

{{ neither sadly- if its set around Numenor and the founding of Gondor they should be shooting it in the Med somewhere, then they'd get right sort of lighting and fauna Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next