Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Forest Shepherd
halfwise
chris63
13 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 4 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:19 am

A lot of fuss over a single cast-member? Perhaps, but I'm not the one fucking around here.

Laughing

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 4 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Nigerian Hobbits oh my! afro :facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:36 pm

halfwise wrote:Do you add anything to make your cider, or just let it sit out a bit?
I added this stuff that helps make it clearer, some sugar, and some yeast. You can let the yeast that's naturally on the apples do the job, but the idea is that you get more consistent results with an added yeast product.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:01 am

nothing to do with the Amazon series, but if they were looking for some she Elves? The girl at the beginning would do, also the girl in pink at the 2.05 min mark
is defo an Elf in the making. The girl after her too. to hell with it, there all bloody good. The music is excellent by the way.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:42 am

I wouldn't push any of them out of my...uh...film. Not that I'd have any say in the matter, I reckon. I didn't realize this was a thing among young women in Russia. The first one is doing her thing among tables in a restaurant - can't imagine that being allowed anywhere I know of.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:07 pm

Imagine if she let go and impaled someone. 🤔

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:14 pm

must be a Cossack thing.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:52 pm

{{ This is allegedly the first image from the Amazon series, though if it is official looks like concept art to me not a still from the show. Also where is it? Looks like Gondolin maybe in a flashback scene or a prologue? }}

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 4 Amazon-Studios-210802-A-HD-H-2021

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:10 pm

Can't be Gondolin, which was beat to a pulp in the first age, and I think of it more on a hill by itself rather than right up against a mountain. If a flashback it seems like a lot of work for something that comes and goes.

We may be looking at a city in Numenor.

What makes this so bloody official? Where'd it come from?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:15 pm

The image teases what appears to be the legendary city of Valmar on the continent of Amar, where the Valar reside. It is basically Middle-earth's version of Heaven, where those who shape and ruled the world lived, and where characters like Gandalf, Saruman, and even Sauron come from. If the show truly gets to the realm of Valinor, then we are in for a deep dive into the lore of J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium. - Collider

{{Vanity Fair also have the image as 'first look' }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:16 pm

Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Unveils a First Image and Release Date= Vanity Fair

{{The release date is apparently September the 2nd, 2022 }}
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:18 pm

Found this among others:

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2021/08/02/111246-official-first-pic-of-amazons-lord-of-the-rings-series-release-confirmed-for-fall-2022/

September 2, 2022? A whole 'nother year. Drat them all.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Okay, if you zoom in those are two glowing trees in the background. Not the way I'd make them glow, but I capitulate. This is Valinor. And it's early first age Valinor to boot. This will be one hell of a prologue.

Perhaps we'll get the Valar watching as things unfold, commenting like Statler and Waldorf from the Muppet show.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:53 pm

What the bloody hell are the two trees doing down in a valley? Though I never thought of them as being up high, they were at least tall enough to extend over the local topography.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:08 pm

Hey! Why do they need walls around a city in Valinor? Sure, there's Morgoth horsing around, but for the most part there's no need to keep out an army. Somebody wasn't thinking.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:13 am

Didn't see the 2 trees of Valinor till he zoomed in.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:24 am

Neat guess that Sauron could be the narrator of the prologue.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:00 am

{{ I wonder just how much of earlier stuff and First Age stuff we are getting. There was already mention of seeing the elves being corrupted into orcs, and that was First Age too. I wonder if we are going to be following Sauron's path, from Valinor to follwoing Morgoth to Annatar to Necromancer to Sauron.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:36 pm

It looks nice, a bit Rivendelly.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm

But it shouldn't have a wall.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:20 pm

Okay, quick change of topic. Looking back at the 2nd Age timeline, the only two things of note that happen is the Rings of Power are forged, and Sauron seduces Numenor into attacking the undying lands. They are connected via Sauron.

I think this series should be titled the Rings of Power. More emphasis could be placed on who gets the rings and what happens by consequence, which Tolkien largely whiffed on for the Seven and Nine. This would let them add to the legendarium without treading on existing cannon. We have to imagine a good portion of the Nine were doled out in the east and south, which would explain the diverse casting.

I've always been bothered by lack of information about the Nazgul. We should get it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:19 pm

Hmm so I'm assuming the First Age writings aren't exactly off limits to the series writers but access is now allowed on a case by case basis, I reckon we'll seeing flashbacks to Valinor/Tirion and the years of the Trees in a prologue of some sort.

And that image reminds me of some of Ted Nasmith's artwork...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:23 pm

halfwise wrote:Okay, quick change of topic.  Looking back at the 2nd Age timeline, the only two things of note that happen is the Rings of Power are forged, and Sauron seduces Numenor into attacking the undying lands.  They are connected via Sauron.

I think this series should be titled the Rings of Power.  More emphasis could be placed on who gets the rings and what happens by consequence, which Tolkien largely whiffed on for the Seven and Nine.  This would let them add to the legendarium without treading on existing cannon.  We have to imagine a good portion of the Nine were doled out in the east and south, which would explain the diverse casting.

I've always been bothered by lack of information about the Nazgul.  We should get it.

IIRC there are unpublished drafts of Of the Rings of Powerand The Third Age which weren't included in the HOMe for space reasons, there's also a bit more info about the Ringwraiths in the LOTR Readers Companion:

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/The_Hunt_for_the_Ring#Other_parts_of_the_manuscript

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:53 pm

Those writings on the ringwraiths mainly concern the war of the ring. I'm more interested in the origins: who were they? What did they first do with the rings once they got them, before they faded in nazgul? Lots of fodder for storytelling there.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:08 pm

I've always assumed the Ringrwaiths were something like tribal rulers or shamans from Khand or Harad who were gifted the rings by Sauron after he helped them in a civil war or something.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next