chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by azriel Sun May 19, 2019 3:20 pm

Laughing
Takes the edge off a tad having "Fluffy" trotting along Smile

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Might have posted this before, but came across it again and laughed (again). Maybe my taste in humor is shit, but here you go Laughing

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Img_2310

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 pm

That was a wet joke. And I guess I made one as well.
Smugdog #LostInTranslation

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:45 pm

I liked it Very Happy

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 am

Not sure if this hasn't been put on before.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:06 am

Liked the Eiffel Tower in there to give perspective, & the car, Maybe Denethor should have driven off the edge "Thelma & Louise" style Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:09 am

Wally lol! lol!

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:22 am

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 EOq7XUMl
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:48 am

Gimli's face sells it for me lol!

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:35 pm

RA!! Shocked Very Happy cheers Wave pub

Haven't seen you on the forum in a long while...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:49 pm

malickfan wrote:RA!!  Shocked  Very Happy  cheers  Wave  pub

Haven't seen you on the forum in a long while...

I have returned! Very Happy

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Px06Pdk

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:17 am

Wait that's GB.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:47 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 17 Firepi10

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:49 pm

I thought the writing would show up better when on fire, but I suppose you have to wait for the coals.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:17 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:34 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:28 pm

Battles of Hornburg and Minas Tirith recast in modern military jargon:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/lord-rings-debate-how-battle-helms-deep-was-won-100477

https://angrystaffofficer.com/2016/11/04/warfighter-middle-earth/

the second one is better: "Denethor, the leader of Gondor’s primary land forces, had been compromised by enemy counter-intelligence activities via the Palantir ... an intelligence system that he thought could help him view the battlefield. In fact, the Palantir had been hacked by Sauron..."

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:42 pm

It's good, but hmm... that movie-centric view of the situation is difficult to swallow.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:36 pm

I felt it was more book centric than movie centric. Non of the film-only insertions were mentioned.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:05 am

I guess the main thing is that the author says that Denethor is useless and implies that the entire city would have been leaderless if not for Gandalf. This follows the movie very closely, with Denethor's "Flee, flee for your lives!" And struck me as an over-simplificiation.

I suppose the film stills didn't help either.

Faramir is attacked by the wingèd Nazgul, but on his return to Minas Tirith from Cair Andros, not from Osgiliath. And he is wounded later by a poisoned arrow when retreating from the Rammas Echor, not by some manner of "air sortie".

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:46 pm

Don't know how I missed the Denethor thing, as that's a pet peeve of mine.

Subtle work on Faramir, but you are correct on all points.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 pm

{{ This has probably been put up before as its from 2015 but in my drunkenss I cant remember if it has. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:19 pm

Yeah it was, still good. Razz

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:39 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next