chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 18 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:55 pm

Those were really good. I didn't think we'd be getting anything more after after the appendices. That was a treat.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 18 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by chris63 Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:26 am

Agree or not.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:44 am

I agree with the Frodo and Sam casting, closer to the books. No real feeling for the Merry and Pippin casting.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:10 pm

I thought that was interesting, I like seeing other peoples point of view. I do agree that too much chocolate can make you sick meaning, too many top actors can spoil even ruin a casting. it needs a fresh approach sometimes & then the magic begins Smile

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 18 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:14 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 18 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:01 pm

lol! that was great
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:32 pm

👍

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:34 pm

Good voice matching in that one.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:43 am

Enjoyed that. Very funny.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu May 07, 2020 7:26 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 27, 2020 1:03 pm

This is very good. Smaug sounds great.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 27, 2020 1:41 pm

The voice isn't quite as deep and distorted as in the films, I like it better. Though in my head I still have a sort of oily schoolmaster voice that fits the dialogue.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 27, 2020 3:26 pm

Same guy but no music or extras.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Every orc conversation in LotR is a treasure. This guy's good but he's only got one orc voice. I think the film did a great job with the orc voices even though I didn't agree with the generally slimy as opposed to scaly look of them. He could have taken a cue from the films and pitched his voice differently for each orc.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 27, 2020 5:16 pm

{{ I believe Andy Serkis provided the majority of the orc voices }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Really? The lip syncing is so tight I would think it was mainly the actors themselves.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 27, 2020 5:47 pm

{{ Reasonably sure its its either in the commentary for TT or on the extras for it. Most of the orcs were Kiwis under the prostetics, all the orcs have english, slightly cockney accents, or in the case of the smaller orcs, they are played by women. The Grishnaak counterpart is played by a woman. One of their better ideas I felt to physically distinguish the Uruks from the rest. But thats why they had to dub the voices.}}

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Wed May 27, 2020 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed May 27, 2020 5:49 pm

I imagine Orcs to have rug gruff voices, much like common rogues of old London town, 1800's, much as TV drama depicts .

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 27, 2020 5:52 pm

Az - did you feel the film versions fit your model? I had nothing to complain about in that regard.

Yes, if the smaller orcs were female then I can see Serkis doing most of it. Damn fine job.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 27, 2020 5:58 pm

{{ I am almost certain all the orcs in LotR's have one type of London accent or the other, but all working class accents. Cockney is just the most obvious one to pick out.
Interesting though how the accents are associated in the films. Hobbits get a rural English countryside accents, except posh hobbits like Frodo who get closer to Queens English. Dwarves get Scottish- indicating their gruffness and tendency to hit you with an axe, but also loyalty and kinship and clans. Men dont get as much accent as Id have liked, theres not a huge difference between how the Rohirrim speak and how the Gondorians speak in the films, they are going for a sort of neutral BBC newsreader, regionless English for most part. With Boromir being an odd acception as his accent is clearly north of England, Yorkshire and working class. But it kind of works for Boromir, even though it shouldn't, lending him an air of man of the people.
And Orcs get London working class. Which I'm sure must say something about how London is viewed in general!
But interesting to see which races got which accent associated with them as being appropriate.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed May 27, 2020 5:59 pm

Yes Halfy, I think they did. And I think their body posture & behaviour suited my ideas also. In fact I felt the Orcs were the Gorillas & the goblins were the lesser primates Smile In this clip the Orc reminds me of Arnie Schwarzenegger Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Good point about all the men sounding about the same. But the elves did too. It would have added something for sure but I think they just had too much on their plate. Fortunately none of the accents were jarringly out of place.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 27, 2020 6:22 pm

{{ I think part of the issue with men is the actors playing them were often not native English, and so had to put an accent on.
I mean lets face it, for all Viggo's strengths in the role, and there are many, his accent is not one of them, it wanders all over the shop throughout the course of the films. I'd charitably say he was trying to portray Aragorn has having a unique mixed accent, but its not, it just slips about all the time, and he seems to have decided to do it slightly different ways at different stages in the shooting and reshooting.
Theoden has an accent, another more Northern English accent, but again he is an outlier, none of the other Rohirrim sound like him, just as none of the Gondorians, or even Boromirs own family sound like him.

I'd have liked the Rohirrim to have been more Scandinavian flavoured in accent, but manly east coast of England (where the Daneland was and you have that mix of the two, the Scandinavian and the Anglo-Saxon) and the Gondorians more Italian leaning. Same goes respectively for their physical appearence. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri May 29, 2020 10:04 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 29, 2020 11:27 am

Billy Connolly as Tom Bombadil....hmmm....

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next