chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:26 pm

It feels too large and upscale for Bagshot Row. It feels too much like Bag End - Bagshot Row is supposed to be more lower class.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 28 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:10 pm

{{ Yeah totally agree, these should be working class hobbit holes, Bag End is based on an English Manor House and Bagshot Row on the servants houses, which is why the Baggins gardeners the Gamgees live there still. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:50 am

Seems a likeable old chap

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:57 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:56 am

This is wonderful. Love the popping sound he makes when he takes a puff of his pipe.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:30 pm

not hearing any of these pop sounds. Seen this guy before, he does look the part.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:36 pm

yeah, that was nice. I found myself settling down and smiling listening to that old boy. I remember my granddad making popping sounds with his pipe too ! I didnt have anyone read me stories in bed, I found The Hobbit at school and it lead from there. How lovely to have a story like that to listen to, youde want that every night as a child wouldnt you, the excitement just keeps coming with lots of tummy tingles. I never got tummy tingles with Cinderella, or Sleeping Beauty. I got a few reading 101 Dalmations but The Hobbit would give you more if your 8 yrs old. The only other escape for me was "Little Grey Men" by BB. We had a dingle right near me, with a silvery quiet stream, plenty of lush green foliage and lots of imagination.

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 28 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 28 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:01 am

Wow what I great collection

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:40 am

Love the graphics

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:57 am

Nice graphics but lots of places I don't recognize.  I see they are repeating the error of a young frodo.

Some miscasting.  Charles Dance should be Denethor, not Saruman.  Hiddleston's NOT Wormtongue.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28