Amarië
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:09 pm

Well I think the job when adapting a book is at each point to try to find ways to convey the meaning from the text- and I dont feel blue moon and starlight and making everyone talk like they are in a dream whilst bathed in blue light does that- its the exact opposite of the book. Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:15 pm

There was a bit of a problem in that Hobbiton was already brighter and fresher than the real world often seems, so it's hard to top that. Lothlorien had to seem different. Not that I liked the blue either (though it made sense at night), but I'm not sure where they could have taken it to outdo hobbiton.

They sort of did outdo LotR Hobbiton by the Hobbit hobbiton when Bilbo returns. So I guess they had another notch of green left, not sure it would have been enough.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:20 pm

Well if it were me Id have kept the Cerin Amroth scene from the book and used it as an excuse to segue-way into a flashback to a younger Aragorn and Arwen pledging their love and defiance of the darkness together (instead of the bridge scene at Rivendell which makes an arse of the same idea).
It would have allowed to present Lothlorien in its green and growing beauty as well as conveying important character information without breaking the flow.
Its not about just make everything greener instead of blue, I only did in that in my edits because I didn't like the blue but had to work with the blue footage I had.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Lothlorian sounds Golden to me, like Autumn golden, alive & shimmering golden, warm & vibrant golden, always have done. Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Blue (the colour) is ethereal but also distant and cold.

Good thing you qualified that. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:24 pm

This looks very pittoresque, but apparently the mountain in the background is about to fall down. Shocked

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 2439980
http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/bevegelsene-i-mannen-tredoblet-siden-fredag/a/23527975/

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Cripes, so, is anyone living in those houses ? how safe will they be ?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:29 pm

I think they are monitoring it very closely and everyone that would have been in danger has been evacuated. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:41 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 11931151_1688583164690034_1658591006_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 2446225

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Im quite fond of snowy desolate places

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:18 pm

Yeah, me too. Smile I can just stare into distances like that forever..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:25 pm

Its hypnotic Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 pm

No brrrrrrr, its not for me. I prefer the Autumnal one. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Yeah, I like that one too. Very Happy The mountains in autumn is one of the prettiest things in the world.

The winter and cold isn't all that bad though. Razz You just have to dress properly.  Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:14 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 Tumblr_nmwo9zruvL1snlw9ao1_500

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Looks like Caradhras

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:58 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 O1iij_cbuTXPVyxvHv9o5QuDvowUr7C3XxDTie6NZEqw

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:43 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 11910416_1669847099968877_316569220_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:19 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 924696_895059813916273_1892218029_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:37 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 KQ8NTWDWND3gxL942LHE_AZnQ7iS9izcIkBLP8jxrdMg

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:38 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 F7CT-06WXC7_q-uvbaLzfwYWAckI5JYxEk-aBuT5a7Mg

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:11 pm

I like the 1st one ! Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 DApqOWXjMnrmVqigxwZwKgUk8vXvHe9rUrxdMpg6xsbw

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:30 am

Parts of Chile's Atacama Desert, one of the driest places on Earth, look like a psychedelic wonderland as pink mallow flowers bloom in the valley, following a year of unprecedented rain.
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 11 H_52328791
http://mashable.com/2015/10/27/chile-atacama-desert-mallow-flowers/#uDJN5YCz5sq0

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next