Amariƫ
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by azriel Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Elrond%20balcony_zpse4p9yja9

I can imagine Elrond looking out from this balcony

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by azriel Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Folk%20art_zps79j33kgy

Id love this for myself Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:03 pm

That last one, the design of the woodwork and the art on it reminds me of the old gypsy caravans.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:05 am

love both of them Very Happy ones Elven the other is Hobbity.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:13 am

That last one does have a Hobbity feel, my idea of Home

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Wow. I want to be there.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:44 pm

'The Enchanted Forest'- during the summer a pleasant set of gentle hiking trails through the forest, but at this time of the year and until a memorable Halloween for the kids, it is lit up to become the Enchanted Forest. Its in Pitlochry in Scotland-

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 JS65001574_zpsb2x3reb7

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Dgp_enchanted_forest_24_oct_14_69_zpsu9vlrtym

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 1bc9812f-988a-4ba3-b198-d3e8eca36ea0_zpsxxuegygq

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 59ff3390-34c7-475f-9f3d-bb9181456562_zpsoscnqoo9

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Free-to-use-graham-smith-1-lst105621_zpskni62wfh

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Scotlands-enchanted-forest-img-1vc-1054x790_zpsk2hwk1vk

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:58 pm

Wow, that's a great idea.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Oooh thats lovely Petty ! you lucky devil !! Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm

you see! its BLUE for an Elven atmosphere! Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:32 pm

Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

cheers

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:43 pm

The blue IS nice ! Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:13 pm

But so too is green-

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 The-enchanted-forest_zpsizyhmf5o

However we could perhaps compromise -

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 56155e24-cccf-45ee-9bea-7ceed2c4d8d3_zpsbdyzipfi

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 10 Ench2012_juliebee_2071_wm_zpswewa9o81

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Nice both together Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:51 pm

But BLUE is more ethereal. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Embarassed

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:51 am

Damn, I would love to visit there. I love you No matter what the color palette they were going with for the lights. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 am

It is just lovely ! Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:35 am

But BLUE is more ethereal- Figg

Yes it is, which is why its wrong for Lothlorien. Its not an ethereal place- it a very real place. The whole point of it is that its a bubble of Undying Lands, a recreation but on earth.
Blue (the colour) is ethereal but also distant and cold.
The sky is blue and its far away and untouchable, the sea is blue and its separate from land and a different element.
In the book Sam describes Lothlorien as like being inside a song. Not like listening to a song which is a step removed, but like being inside one- no distance between the two.
Green can be a vital colour and it its a close colour, we associate it with the green earth. With trees and grass.
Green can also be a sickly colour, but only very specific hues of it have that association.
In general as a colour palette for Lothlorien, based on the books descriptions green, silver, white and gold should be the predominate colours there- not ethereal blue.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Lothlorien is the epitome of ethereal. definition ''light in a way that seems not to be of this world'' and there was nothing to say it was always twilight, it was also seen at dawn and that was suitable golden. Frodos dream of Galadriel was in golden Lothlorien light. Green light is often associated with sinister, poisonous, or weird. Blue light isn't. ever.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:36 pm

Blue is associated with coldness, distance, a separation between here and there. A sense of unreality rather than the heightened reality described in the book.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:46 pm

so that's perfect for Lothlorien. how else in a visual medium are they going to give the impression of other worldliness?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:52 pm

But book Lothlorien isn't otherworldy- its uber world- its more real than real- you can feel the green and growing things growing there, its bursting with natural life. Cerin Amroth is not spooky blue and othwerworldy is a very alive and real green hill covered in delicate white flowers. The reason Sam says its like being inside a song is because its got the sense of elvishness but not distant like the stars but close and earthy and real.
Sam even says that he thought elves were all for stars and moonlight but that Lothlorien, all green and growing, is more elvish than anything he had imagined.
Galadriel uses the power of the elven Ring to make herself a little bit of Undying Lands in ME. Its not less real, or ethereal, its more real than the land around it.
None of this makes into PJ's version of the place. We just get Ewok village.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:56 pm

I know its all those things but in a few minutes they have to give an impression to the audience. they cant spend an hour setting it up like they did in the film Legend, they don't have time. blue light is a signifier of an Elven world, it doesn't need to be detailed, blue light gave a subconscious impression of a magical place.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next