Amarië
malickfan
Bluebottle
azriel
halfwise
15 posters

Page 22 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:59 am

{{{{'A Knife in the Dark' inspired version}}}

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 2c_zpskzsxnpco

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3]

Post by azriel Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:39 am

OOoo yes, I like that Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:25 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Wip_zps0hnusnvu

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Thumbs Up

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:20 pm

Is he going to slash those undies? pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:35 pm

Am I missing something here ? Suspect Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Wip_zps0hnusnvu

More please, let's do a forumshire LOTR photobook Very Happy

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Gates of Moria?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Ca4a2ce9-a26a-42c0-bcea-6d84770b2f24_zpskzc2zlfd
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:56 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Gates of Moria?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Ca4a2ce9-a26a-42c0-bcea-6d84770b2f24_zpskzc2zlfd

Hmm...if you took out some of the trees (IIRC there were only two, either side of the entrance), and darkened/widened the pool that would probably work, certainly looks similar to what I'd pictured.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:13 pm

its Mallam Cove in Yorkshire, unfortunately there isn't a pool in front of the cliffs. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 pm

{{{Do you have an unfiltered version of that Figg?}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:11 am

I don't have Photoshop or any other programme, only Photobucket editing option which is crap so I cant alter any photos much.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Qy5nh5_zpsneqrtjob
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:22 am

Edge of The Shire?

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Skipwith_woods_by_davy59-d4e481j_zpsrfvach7o
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:31 am

{{{Thats a lovely picture.
And thanks for the original of the other one- it wasn't any comment on your photoshopping skills, merely that I fancied having a go at adding more lake and removing the trees and best practise is to start with the original image}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:42 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Untitled_zps4yjsnowd

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:47 am

Did you do that one too, Petty?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:48 am

{{yeah, believe it or not its base is the picture Figg put up earlier- if you look closely above where the holly trees are you can see the crack in the cliff from where the two cliffs meet in the original}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 pm

{{{I thought, if there is an interest, I might do more of these turning photos into book location things.
But as its a bit time consuming would be handy if you good folks did the finding of pictures to try to alter- the bigger the resolution the better.
In the meantime here's the making of the Moria one}}

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Moria%20gate_zps5va97zu0

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 Strip2_zpseqircn26

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:15 pm

holy crap that's complicated to do Shocked are the big trees the base for the two small ones?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:32 pm

{{Yeah, I cut out the tree from that picture then put it in place in the cliff one (once Id removed all the trees from it and put the lake in) then I took the same tree again, but flipped it horizontally so it didn't look quite the same as the first holly tree, then I used the clone brush to copy bits of the holly tree to 'bush' them out a bit more and define them against the backdrop better- and bingo 2 holly trees at the base of a cliff!}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:09 am

Damn, I tried to look to see if it was a reworked version of Figgy's picture but I didn't see anything until you mentioned it. Really impressive! I'll keep my eyes peeled for other potential base images cause I'd love to see more of your work. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:49 pm

If you ever get the chance to go here then go. Great place. Singapore, Garden Bay.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [3] - Page 22 2016%2B-%2B1

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:57 pm

How exciting !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:00 pm

Shocked

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Well, it is !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27 ... 33  Next