Pettytyrant101
Amarië
17 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 Empty Re: Doctor Who [11]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:58 pm

that's ONCE. not LOTS. does Moffat know that lots is not once? - Figg

He does, not so sure about you! How many Dalek episodes do you think there are in Moffat run- the answer is 5 an I'm including the 50th in that which given its about the Time War kind of has to have Daleks in it.
That's 1 per series.

'at least he hasn't got hot flushes. '- Figg

Oh I dont know about that you do bring me out in them- Extremely Crabbit

As to Naguals slanderous comments about Mrs Figg I wouldn't dare say.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:14 pm

While it amuses me greatly this charade, some people may think I am a sock puppet. I am not. However... someone here is and I have proof, but I'll leave it for you to decide who.

Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 9-8610   affraid    Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 62-5612
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:15 pm

Brilliant ! Laughing

Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:01 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:that's ONCE. not LOTS. does Moffat know that lots is not once? - Figg

He does, not so sure about you! How many Dalek episodes do you think there are in Moffat run- the answer is 5 an I'm including the 50th in that which given its about the Time War kind of has to have Daleks in it.
That's 1 per series.

'at least he hasn't got hot flushes. '- Figg

Oh I dont know about that you do bring me out in them- Extremely Crabbit

As to Naguals slanderous comments about Mrs Figg I wouldn't dare say.

we have had TWO this season already. that's ONE more than contractually needed. that's the lots I was talking about.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:03 am

Nagual wrote:While it amuses me greatly this charade, some people may think I am a sock puppet. I am not. However... someone here is and I have proof, but I'll leave it for you to decide who.

Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 9-8610   affraid    Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 62-5612

that's either brilliant or really scary. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:29 am

Shocked

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:32 am

slap laugh lol!

Sock puppet or no, you should be posting a lot more often Nagual.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:14 pm

we have had TWO this season already. that's ONE more than contractually needed. that's the lots I was talking about.- Figg

One Dalek story told in two episodes- but if your really keen to count it as two episodes and evidence of Moffats lack of imagination, lets have a look at how many Dalek episodes RTD did shall we?

1. Dalek 2.Bad Wolf 3.Parting of the Ways 4. Daleks in Manhattan 5. Evolution of the Daleks 6. Army of Ghosts 7. Doomsday 8.The Stolen Earth 9. Journeys End

Oh dear thats several more times than Moffat has had Daleks. Well by your own logic it incontrovertible proof that RTD has a total lack of imagination!

Nagual-- oh bloody genius! Make some artwork, that will convince people you are not my sock-puppet! Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:we have had TWO this season already. that's ONE more than contractually needed. that's the lots I was talking about.- Figg

One Dalek story told in two episodes- but if your really keen to count it as two episodes and evidence of Moffats lack of imagination, lets have a look at how many Dalek episodes RTD did shall we?

1. Dalek 2.Bad Wolf 3.Parting of the Ways 4. Daleks in Manhattan 5. Evolution of the Daleks 6. Army of Ghosts 7. Doomsday 8.The Stolen Earth 9. Journeys End

Oh dear thats several more times than Moffat has had Daleks. Well by your own logic it incontrovertible proof that RTD has a total lack of imagination!

the difference is RTD used the Daleks to make great stories, Moffat used them as filler because he has run out of ideas.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:26 pm

if they made a Middle Earth VR I would go there and never come back.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:17 pm

the difference is RTD used the Daleks to make great stories, Moffat used them as filler because he has run out of ideas.- Figg

I strongly disagree there-

RTD

1. Dalek- two good scenes bookending an otherwise pretty poor Dalek story the highlight of which outside those two scenes is they can now go up stairs- if you ignore Remembrance of the Daleks its a new idea anyway.
Megalomaniac rich crazy acquires a Dalek and then tries to acquire the Doctor, but with the Doctor present the Dalek goes into action exterminating and gets loose in the complex. Gets infected by Rose and starts to have feelings, being a sensible Dalek it commits suicide rather than put up with feeling like Rose for ever more.
Dalek motivation- take over the world! Exterminate!

2. Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways- Daleks invade a space station orbiting earth- Doctor tries to stop them. Rose destroys all the Daleks by turning temporarily into a God.
Dalek motivation- Invade! Exterminate!

3. Army of Ghosts/Doomsday- a capsule full of Daleks hidden in the Time War is discovered and all the Daleks let out in the middle of an ongoing Cyberman invasion of Earth. Dalek and Cybermen fight for who should get to conquer earth. Rose gets separated from the Doctor tragically, in an other dimension (at least until RTD ruins the ending by bringing her back then giving her a more happy ending later on).
Dalek motivation- Invade! Exterminate! (Including Cybermen this time)

4. Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks- Daleks invade 1930's New York and try to create a human/dalek hybrid.
Dalek motivation- bit confused, but seemingly to make a human/dalek hybrid. (This is the only time RTD tries anything really different with them, and its generally considered one of the worst Dalek stories of NUWho)

5. The Stolen Earth/Journeys End- The Daleks, and now Davros, steal planets in order to build some sort of big spacey power source thing to power their bomb which destroys all of reality. Thats right all of it, every last atom.
Dalek motivation- exterminate absolutely everything!

Moffat

1. Victory of the Daleks- Daleks turn up in WW2 and are seemingly the inventions of a scotsman and on the side of the Allies. Turns out the Daleks have a way of creating pure Daleks from pure DNA put the machine wont recognise them as Daleks as they are not pure bred. They undertake a plan to trick the Doctor into giving his testimony that they are Daleks, thus allowing them to create a new race of pure Daleks from original preserved DNA.
Dalek motivation- to recreate their original pure race by tricking the Doctor into giving his testimony on their right too as Daleks.

2. Asylum of the Daleks- The Daleks have lost control of the asylum where they put all the Daleks so mad even Daleks don't want anything to do with them. They kidnap the Doctor and his companions and send them down to the asylum planet to disable the asylum shields.
Dalek motivation - to solve a problem they are afraid of using the 'predator of the Daleks'- their natural enemy the Doctor.

3. The Time of the Doctor- the Doctor is old and dying with no regenerations left and defending the town of Christmas from the amassed forces of the universe, in order to prevent the outbreak of a second Time War, to protect his people, and to protect the planet.
Dalek motivation- to kill the Doctor finally when he cannot regenerate and to destroy the planet so that there is no possibility of the Time Lords returning there and to smash the political and military power of the Church of the Papal Mainframe.

4. Into the Dalek- a captured Dalek is injured and has a revelation after witnessing the birth of a star of the futility of the Dalek philosophy, the possibility of a good Dalek arises. The Doctor and a crew are shrunk in a medical tool and injected into the Dalek to cure it and to find out how a Dalek can be good.
Dalek motivation- complex!

5. The Magicians Apprentice/ The Witches Familiar- not going into for spoiler reasons its still new but needless to say not a dalk invasion/conquer.take over the world just exterminate story either.

Whether you like or hate Moffat Dalek stories I don't see how there can be any question that he has tries to do more inventive, and to find new angles to approach them from than RTD did.
Part of that is simply down to RTD going first- he could do simple Dalek exterminate hate everything invade stories because we hadn't had any Who at all for so long on TV.
But you cant still be doing those type of stories only, not for 10 years.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:41 pm

you have just hoisted yourself by your own petard.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:17 pm

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:25 pm

you have just hoisted yourself by your own petard.- Figg

By pointing out that your statement that writing Dalek stories showed a lack of imagination rather applies more to your beloved RTD than Moffat, RTD has written more of them and been far less inventive in his use of them? Not sure how thats hoisting myself on my own anything, just pointing out the obvious.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:30 pm

BBC are doing a good job of keeping the last Who episode off the usual places, but for anyone looking for it try one of these links on this page- as usual adblockers and virus protection are recommended, Ive had no issues, but I have both.

Halfy I particularly recommend it to you. A. you invested the time in the first part may as well see how it plays out. And B its quite a contrast to the first part and has two of the UK's finest character actors at the top of their game in a room acting their socks off at each other. Which is not something you get the pleasure of every day.

http://watchseries.lt/episode/doctor_who_s9_e2.html

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagual Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:39 am

Dr Who Colouring book will be out next month:  

Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 61pJT4srUML._SY492_BO1,204,203,200_
Nagual
Nagual
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:58 am

Thats Petty's Christmas present sorted out then, if only he'd stay sober long enough to keep the colours in line Very Happy

Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who [11] - Page 30 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:22 am

Doctor Whop is gettin a new spin off to replace the Sarah Jane Adventures- set in Coal Hill School (it sounds a bit like Grange Hill but wih added aliens) its main writer is Patrick Ness, who is an American (!!!) author best know for writing childrens fiction novels (Chaos Walking Trilogy and A Monster Calls among them).
The new show will be called Class.

"I'm astounded and thrilled to be entering the Doctor Who universe, which is as vast as time and space itself.
"There's so much room there for all kinds of amazing stories and to work with Steven Moffat and [producer] Brian Minchin to find a place to tell one of my own has been an absolute joy.
I can't wait for people to meet the heroes of Class, to meet the all-new villains and aliens, to remember that the horrors of the darkest corners of existence are just about on par with having to pass your A-levels," Ness joked.
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat, who will be an executive producer on the new show, said: "No one has documented the dark and exhilarating world of the teenager like Patrick Ness, and now we're bringing his brilliant story-telling into Doctor Who."

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:17 pm

that's pretty interesting news Razz

apart from the Moffat bit. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:35 pm

To be honest I am not so sure just how much the Exec Producer does on these spin offs if its more just an acknowledgement and a nice little earner- RTD was exec on Sarah Jane too.

What I find interesting is the timing- with talk of a gap year or something different at least in format with next year this seems more a vote of confidence by the BBC in the brand of Who rather than anything else.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:44 pm

gap year? are they mad?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Its al rumours and speculation at the moment but yes there is some talk of it, and some odd anomalies surrounding production, things actors are doing (Capaldi is directing a couple of episodes of VEEP in the US right in the middle of what would normally be Who shooting time) that would seem to fit the pattern of either a gap year or something completely different next year- maybe akin to Tennants year of specials- maybe this time we will get a year of Who films!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:00 pm

or maybe Capaldi and Moffat are going and they need time to find replacements.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:07 pm

Its possible- hard to say- Moffat recently said he basically had no intentions of leaving but the BBC might eventually fire him.
As to Capaldi- hard to see him wanting to go after only 2 series given his desire for the role and his life long love and addiction to the show. But it is a punishing schedule, and thats just the filming for most of the year in Wales away from his family, not to mention the world wide promotional tours they do now and all the premiers they have to attend.
Its a tough gig, even Matt Smith warned Capaldi of how punishing the schedule was and he half Capaldi's ages.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next