Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 31 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Yeah I saw that and I laughed pretty hard. Dumbasses gonna dumbass. You won't change someone like that's mind in an echo chamber like TORn.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 31 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Oh I wouldnt want to change their mind- id just pointout in explicit detail exactly why every last thing from the name of the post to all its contents its complete idiocy. I'll settle for humilation by reason.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 pm

A plan is afoot! Keep your eyes peeled to my thread on ToR for what may be a shortlived post before it is deleted. I shall not have my right of reply denied! Twisted Evil

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 am

Petty I posted this for you to read from one of the plonkers over at TORn its very funny! Laughing

from Goblue..
pettytyrant, you have crossed the line between criticism and whining like a little girl!

I gotta read your reply to these idiots. Razz

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 am

Unfortuntely I cant really reply individually as I cant see what they are putting other than the snippets others post for me here. So its more of a general message lets say.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:21 am

are you doing it now? cos I got to sleep in a bit. I dont want to miss anything.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:27 am

Waiting on the blooming validation process Mad - soon as it lets my associate log in he will post the message.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:27 am

I love the people who think that "well go and build a national film industry from scratch and make your own LOTR movies" is a legitimate response. There's just no reasoning with some people. I'm not sure why you want to lower yourself just to deal with them, Petty.

I'm glad that the (relatively few) voices of reason on TORn are speaking out, though.

Voronwë_the_Faithful wrote:Wow! Coming to a website described as "Forged by and for fans of J.R.R. Tolkien" to criticize cinematic adaptations of works written by J.R.R. Tolkien is trolling?

Now I've seen everything.

Note: That's in reply to Darkstone, who claimed that Petty was trolling.

I know Voronwë a little bit from another site and he's a pretty cool guy. Definitely knows his stuff and is above fanboying. However, I'm surprised that he seems surprised at the reaction from the rest of TORn, given that he's been there for a while.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 am

I am surprised it was Darkstone that said it was trolling, he seemed to have more sense, just shows how wrong you can be? No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:45 am

I was thinking that myself Mrs Figg. But perhaps its because he/she thinks I came on and left.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:50 am

More posts for you, Petty. Todd from Bree-land questioned whether anyone was allowed to criticize PJ and got the following replies.

Lusitano wrote:No sinister, its so sad what he said that its not even worth laughing at the ridiculousness...
And please drop the we are not allowed to criticize pj talk...of course everyone can..and god knows theres plenty of it...but what he said is incredibly blunt and crude...and very disrespectfull..

GoBlue wrote:Of course we should be able to criticize PJ... I just have a thing against this emotional type of criticism with all the melodrama and hyperbole. Like Lusitano said, it's disrespectful of a lot of great people who also worked on these films.

It's like a religion with some of these people, particularly since Petty's posts were pretty tame. Even by non-Forumshiran standards it wasn't anything beyond the pale, but not at TORn. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Eldorion on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:50 am

good point about trolling Petty, they probably wanted people to think that. they have also mixed up all the timings of the posts so its all disjointed and doesnt flow, i think thats to stop people following the argument properly, they really are crafty.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:52 am

I think that might be moving into the realm of wild speculation. My impression of the mods at TORn from when I posted there actively is simply that they value removing "offensive" material more than they do preserving normal discourse. If deleting a bunch of posts chops up a conversation, that's seems to be acceptable collateral damage for them.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 am

My response is being posted as I type (I hope anyway)

Its tilted: 'I have heard of bannings of this kind before, but only by the emissaries sent from Mordor to decieve the ignorant.'

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:26 am

Uh, yeah. That's not exactly diplomatic or welcoming, Petty. Not really the image I'd like to project to people who might think of joining this forum.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:30 am

I thought it was mild Eldo and not over the top.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:42 am

What you do or say on your own on other forums is no concern of mine but I'd rather people not tell others that they are unwelcome on our forum. Especially not if the person bearing that message is a mod. I'm not trying to chew you out or anything, but I don't want to chase people away, even if I find their arguments to be fallacious.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:53 am

People who come here want to engae in the debate, to discuss. Thsoe whom I was addressingin the parts I assume you dont think are appropriate would not come here anyway as their attitude would make things an uncomfortable fit.
I dont think we risk loosing anything and we might even gain a few worth the gaining.
I honestly dont think I spoke out of turn or I would not have posted it-it was not composed in a flash of anger, and it was selfcensored at least three times before I posted, so it could have been worse.
But as I recomended coming here to the saner folks on ToR I should on reflection have ran that bit by you first. Duelly noted for the next time I am addressing an Orwellian nest of PJ-lovers.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:56 am

Heres a copy of what I posted on ToR for all to see.

Title: I have heard of bannings of this kind before, but only by the emissaries sent from Mordor to decieve the ignorant.

I started this thread but sadly, without warning and without any reason given I have been banned from the site and this message is being otherwise conveyed.
To those with whom I was engaged in discussion at the time I would like to apologise for not responding to your points but I was rendered unable to do so.

To those others who have been posting in a more hysterical manner I would very much like to counter your often, I am sad to say, idoitic accusations based on your own misrepresentation of my position rather upon anything I have actually said and take them apart piece by piece so expose their idiocy for all to see.
But alas I have been denied my right of response by the powers that be here.

To those who say I was trolling I find that ridiculous. If stating a contary view to you is trolling then you must live in a sad world of trolls. I never slandered anyone or made comments I was not prepared to back up with thought out arguments. I pointed out what are legitimate areas of contention in PJ's treatment of the source material and in the choices he made when adapting it. How such a thing can be considered trolling is beyond me.
I had hoped for some debate on the issues but many of the responses show that hope was more than a little unrealistic here. I guess I am used to a better class of forum.

But mostly I would like to say that never have I been banned from a forum for expressing an opinion.
It cannot be for the manner in which I did so as the only name calling has been directed at me and the only hysteria been in the responses to my post and my language has not been offensive.
So I must conclude that it is for daring to question in debate the might of PJ and the suitability of his treatment of Tolkien that I have been banned.
So to all those who harbour any notions of free speech, or the right to express an opinion I have a question or two for you.

Do you really wish to remain part of a forum which within two hours bans someone for a contrary viewpoint?

A forum which does so without even the curtesy of a warning or given reason?

A forum which then allows the thread to continue so long as only those who oppose my premise fill it whilst denying me any right to reply?

A forum which silences dissenters and shields those whose posts show genuine hostility and abusive ignorance?

Such is this forum.

If you would rather breath the free air again I heartly recommend Forumshire or the Hobbit Movie News where all viewpoints are accomodated in lively but friendly debates.
I hope in particluar Voronwë and Rosielassie might visit and those others who have expressed concern at the censorship of thought on display here, I think you would be most comfortable and most
certainly welcomed there.

Most of the rest of you, not so welcome.
Shrieking loudly and nonsensically and making foolish unfounded accusations over arguments which never existed in the first place outside of your own heads is not a good sign you know. You should see a doctor.

No doubt this post will be banned too. 'What a place! What a horrible place!'

Pettytyrant,
the buckie barrel under the tree,
Needlehole, Forumshire.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 am

My friend has been banned also for making that post.

edit update- you need not be concenred over its content any longer Eldo- it has been removed I am led to believe.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:25 am

that banning stuff is scary really... I can't but give them a huge facepalm and cheer for you Petty, although we disagree on certain aspects of PJ adaption.

behold the facepalm!
Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 31 Facepalm_jim_76437
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 am

i'm gonna give the first facepalm a facepalm cuz that's not a chimpanzee, it's an orangutang.
Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 31 3bcf4274_n79020_facepalm2028house29
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 am

although we disagree on certain aspects of PJ adaption- Norc

And yet I can stil enjoy your posts, your art, your gifs and we can share a love for Who and Sherlock. If this was ToR we would never have found those things out with their attitude of stifling thought and comment.
Hurray for Forumshire! cheers

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:57 am

Long live the forumshirlings! cheers
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Petty I agree with you, I thought that title about Mordor was spot on and very funny and anyone with a sense of humour would appreciate it, and those are the types of people we want here, not those who are incapable of reasoned discussion and dont understand irony. So good for you Petty, I hope those who appreciate free speach will find their way here, your post would only deter people that would not find themselves at home in Forumshire, and the others may start to wonder about TORn and its undemocratic methods. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next