Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 30 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Ya know, there is a chance the mods over there also browse other forums, such as this one, and figured out it was a premeditated operation.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 30 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Halfwise even I was expecting to get longer than a couple of hours. I was just scratching the surface. Wonder if they went after the two folks who came out in agreement with me too?
And I was planning to point out to Darkstone the benefits of a move to Forumshire- they seemed out of place on there.

Premediatated but only to make genuine debates- it wasnt like we were doing a spam attack or posting orchestrated abuse.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 pm

They've not removed any of the posts that I can see so far. just looks as if you've left the discussion for a while.

Halfwise - it's an interesting theory. Wonder if I have a lock out underway?

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:26 pm

If you can contact the admin there see if you can find out why I was banned. I'd love to know what their reasons are.

Id also hate folks there to think I choose to leave. So maybe someone can post that I was banned for unknown crimes and that I would have liked to have carried on debating. Make it difficult for them to just ban folks for opinions. Lets make a stand!!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:32 pm

wow Petty, I thought you might have lasted a wee bit longer, but they are toads those mods i cant believe they didnt give you any warning.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:If you can contact the admin there see if you can find out why I was banned. I'd love to know what their reasons are.

Id also hate folks there to think I choose to leave. So maybe someone can post that I was banned for unknown crimes and that I would have liked to have carried on debating. Make it difficult for them to just ban folks for opinions. Lets make a stand!!

Against the powers of theonering.net there can be no victory. (Cool line PJ, or Tolkien!)

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Tolkien of course- Denethor to Gandalf (maybe). And we can at least make a stand Ally. There is no defeat if you never stop fighting.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 pm

I copied and pasted all the posts from a few minutes ago

Is PJ's take on Tolkien the film equivelent of a Happy Meal? pettytyrant101 5:00pm
You still have the book. Danielos 5:20pm
Being grateful that they are being made... QuackingTroll 5:57pm
reply to all so far (least those Id read to when I started!) pettytyrant101 6:03pm
Also... Darkstone 6:09pm
Just a thought DanielLB 6:12pm
But that's far worse! sador 6:20pm
Its spectacularly dull without a proper story. pettytyrant101 6:35pm
The trolls talking is in. Carne 6:43pm
Eye on the ball PJ pettytyrant101 6:51pm
I still don't think you are going to like them Lacrimae Rerum 6:54pm
You're probably right pettytyrant101 6:56pm
No I don't mind Lacrimae Rerum 7:04pm
It all bolis down to one thing: sador 7:01pm
He's good at what he likes and when he remembers whose work he should be shooting pettytyrant101 7:14pm
Bilbo Baggins Goes Forth Darkstone 6:49pm
With thanks to Blackadder Goes Forth pettytyrant101 6:53pm
IMO the only reason there isn't a big fight here in the book QuackingTroll 7:01pm
2nd Lt. Tolkien Goes Forth Darkstone 7:06pm
Thats a good point pettytyrant101 7:18pm
There you go. Darkstone 7:24pm
Yes, but its PJ pettytyrant101 57 mins ago
The problem with adaptations... Cagliostro 45 mins ago
I predict Lacrimae Rerum 5:21pm
There are rapids in the book... QuackingTroll 5:23pm
At least it wouldn't be over-long. // sador 5:26pm
It's common with people who complain about the movies Carne 5:26pm
Why does this always get trotted out? Shelob'sAppetite 45 mins ago
Well, I'm not quite that harsh of a critic. RosieLass 41 mins ago
I'll have what ever the spiders having. pettytyrant101 39 mins ago
I mentioned this because you complained about 'rapids'. Carne 33 mins ago
It changes the narrative focus. Kafria 18 mins ago
I would agree that PJ has shifted the focus in the barrels scene Arwen's daughter 12 mins ago
I agree... Kafria 8 mins ago
Rapids DanielLB 6 mins ago
It's true Kafria 2 mins ago
I disagree Arwen's daughter 4 mins ago
I think it is a question of understanding. Lacrimae Rerum 29 mins ago
Yup. Darkstone 5:31pm
As long as it's a Happy Meal with toy-included Snaga 5:27pm
*raises hand*... diedye 5:29pm
As opposed to cabbages and potatoes? Darkstone 5:33pm
I'd like to watch the film before passing this sort of judgement// Welsh hero 7:01pm
Hark! The voice of sanity and reason! Darkstone 7:17pm
'PJ and the Coven' Starling 4 mins ago

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Thankyou Mrs Figg. Very Happy

MMM its missing the last section. Withthe other two folks who came out in agreement. Do you have the actual posts? Or just the headers?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Wonder if its possible to set up a thread on here only regulars would have access too (to stop ToR snooping) and then people could post the responses and I could reply throgh a proxy and defeat them!-just a thought. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:44 pm

I can get any you like Petty just tell me what you want to read.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:49 pm

You don't even have to be a registered user to read them. No need to get Petty's posts for him.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Id need to delete my cookies and passwords it seems (and i really dont want to do that) even when I tell my browser to make an exception to siging me in on their site I still just get 'you are banned' screen.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Hahaha, wow, already? Even I'm surprised at that one, and I called you having less than 24 hours left. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 pm

The comments of those who agreed are still there. Still no sign of editing... which just makes it a bit stranger.

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Id need to delete my cookies and passwords it seems (and i really dont want to do that) even when I tell my browser to make an exception to siging me in on their site I still just get 'you are banned' screen.

Bans aren't something that works through cookies. Are you able to read the forums at all? If not, they probably IP banned you, which means you'd need to either use a different computer or a proxy in order to see the site.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 pm

I might be able to get round that! Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Halfwise thats why I said I will get the posts for Petty if he wants to read them, you get a 'you are banned sign in red, it seems to follow the location id thing on your computer, the only way to overcome it is by proxy. oh i see Eldo has already explained it.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Any posts that you think are relevant would be good Mrs Figgs. Thanks. and please let the folks I was talking to know I was banned, Im not being rude by not replying.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:14 pm

I am banned Petty, its only luck that I can read the posts today, mostly i get the banned sign, I cant actually post there. I have actually no idea how it is that sometimes I can access the posts.

Its down to Kafria to tell them

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:16 pm

My office network started banning random pages, just for my computer. I was told to go into the network control panel, and under the TCP/IP page click 'renew DHCP Lease'. I think it only works in my case because the system wasn't supposed to be doing this to begin with, but it would be really funny if it worked on TORN.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 pm

If you're fiddling with the TCP/IP settings you might actually be able to change your IP address but I don't know for sure. I would do some research before messing around with it too much though.

Is posting on TORn more really that important to you, Petty? You don't seem overly fond of the place. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Id be happy Eldo just to get on to let people know I was banned for my views in the first place- Im a Scotshobbit we never walk away. Not ever. I dont want to be thought to be doing so.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 pm

this is why Eldo just read this shite......this jem from Lusitano.....

Here we go...the "I HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE BUT I HATE IT ALREADY" comments...
pettytirant101:
Dol Guldur wasnt in TH....galadriel wasnt there...saruman is not there...legolas wanst there...thorin walking down a burning tree ahh SACRILEGE!...blah blah blah blah....
Troll fight scene boring rly? you seen it?...Radagast with bunnies and birds VIOLATION OF TOLKIENS WORKS!!...i suppose if something else happens between the shire scenes and trollshaw its SACRILEGE TOO!!
Rapids?? SACRILEGEEE!!....IT IS HORRIBLE!! TOLKIEN MUST BE SO ANGRYYY!!
pJ Lotr an abomination?rly?
Perhaps you should submitt your insightfull and certainly revolutionary review of the trilogy to every film magazines! The Academy must have missed something...and everyone buying and loving and celebrating LOTR with film parties and all...they must have been under some Confundo spell....such blind idiots duuhh...Oh and im sure after they realise Lotr was such a perfidious and stinking trilogy , be sure to recommend to the Academy and The Golden Globes that they should ask for their statues back...

Oh and....they cant write in Tolkiens style? Big news but thats why we all so love toliens work...and why he has plenty of fantasy imitators..cause no one can write like him. He had everything necessary to be able to write like that...the languages skills, his experiences, his life...
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Id be kicking posts like that all over the place if I could get on!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next