Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 35 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:51 pm

why am I getting the music to 'Where Eagles Dare' in my head? scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 35 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Sorry Petty, it seems that most of the links as well as the jokes/insults have been deleted by the TORn mods. Golly gee willickers, maybe they aren't actually evil monsters out to destroy all that is good and true on our forum. Rolling Eyes

They did miss one link, however, I suspect that was an accident and it's unlikely that LR or the others will restart after having their posts deleted.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:53 pm

I SPOKE TOO SOON!

Lacrimae Rerum has taken matters into his own hands and gone to Bree-land to teach Petty and Todd a lesson. Dis gun b gud.

Long-ass URL
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Nice reply by Petty there to start us off...

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:59 pm

Thankyou Ally. I expect a return barrage however.

ps thankyou for the music Mrs Figg- its perfect! Nod Now where did I put my old tin hat?

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:01 pm

I once again tried to figure out TORN posting structure and again felt that drowning sensation. Geez, to think people thought my quantum mechanics thread was mind-bending!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:06 pm

and I have politely told him where to stick his Lacrimae. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Ha! I see smoke and an enemy plane heading for the Channel Mrs Figg. First wave repelled! cheers drunken

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Watch out guys, Lacrimae has broken out the only weapons you can't repel with immature outbursts: politeness and civility! affraid affraid affraid
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:13 pm

I am nothing if not known for my civility Eldo!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Even if this is now the end. what a day and bit for Forumshire! Petty somehow manages to create a conflict spanning three different websites! The poems will never end!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm

You mean the epic saga of how a bunch of people from Forumshire and THM went to TORn trying to get a rise out of people and temporarily succeeded until the TORn mods and users were able to say enough is enough and put an end to things? And then one of the most antagonistic TORners actually reached out and extended the hand of peaceful coexistence - if not exactly friendship - only to have it spat on?

What a proud day for our community. USA
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

er I dont know if you missed it Eldo but his (Lacrimaes) first post was sarcastic, maybe you didnt get that?
His second post was seemingly friendly though.
and btw Petty held out the hand of welcome, so I dont know what you mean by 'spat on'?

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Who spat on his hand Eldo? I offered him sincere welcome! What are you saying? Mad
And we succeded in however briefly getting them to consider their own standards of censorship and treatment of posters.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Ally wrote:Even if this is now the end. what a day and bit for Forumshire! Petty somehow manages to create a conflict spanning three different websites! The poems will never end!

Oh it's not the end yet Ally. We still need to hear what the ToRn moderators decide. I'm reserving judgment till then.

By the way, there's plenty of popcorn in the kitchen? Would you like some?
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Who spat on his hand Eldo? I offered him sincere welcome! What are you saying? Mad

I was referring to Mrs Figg's post. Evidently she thought Lacrimae was being sarcastic, though I disagree. Both his posts were worded poorly so far (I suspect he may be a non-native English speaker) but they were saying basically the same thing. The first one sounded sarcastic at first to me too, but I gave him the benefit of a doubt and his second post clarified his message. I can understand where she was coming from but I think now is the time for de-escalation, not continued insults, regardless of what the "other side" is saying.

And we succeded in however briefly getting them to consider their own standards of censorship and treatment of posters.

You seem to be under the impression that no one has ever raised those concerns on TORn before.

Last edited by Eldorion on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Petty somehow manages to create a conflict spanning three different websites! - Ally

This is probably why I shouldnt go out so much. Its maybe safer for the rest of the internet if I mainly stay here.

Still no word from the mods on what they have decided to do yet just to keep you up to date.

Yes but has anyone else ever done it quite so spectacularly Eldo! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 pm

I couldn't say, but I guarantee you that it has been done before in a way that the TORn mods are more receptive to hearing and potentially acting upon. Wink

In terms of popcorn-munching hilarity, though, this was certainly fun to watch. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 pm

He was being sarcastic Eldo, trust me I am Mancunian, we invented sarcasm. Cool
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 pm

From Bree:
We are after all discussing Tolkien not politics/religion/sex

No, we got to Forumshire for that Very Happy

Last edited by David H on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Regardless of what he meant in his first post, the both of you are still hounding him about TORn's policies and norms (something he has no control over) when he's trying to reach out to you guys.

I don't see that as worth celebrating.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:38 pm

I was about to say much the same thing Eldo, but I think you said it better.

I was rather surprised that Lacrimae actually responded civilly after the demand to apologize and having his/her name made fun of. That shows character....though I don't know what was said to Todd because I can't untangle that mess that is Torn.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Very Happy David- so true, where we somehow manage to rub along with differing views too.
And Eldo just because an evil has been highlighted before does not mean it is not worth highlighting again. Each and every time is worth it! Backbone boy! Backbone! Wink (I dont think there will be any fiurther need for insults of any kind unless someone from ToRn decides to be abusive in Bree or here)

Halfwise he/she was using bully boy tactics to harass Todd on ToR and accuse him of being a troll which is why I accused him/her of being proud of that sor tof thing as they were the chief indulger in it. I dont think it was inappropriate of me to tell him/her that sort of thing would not be tolerated as all opinons were valued. And the first thing I did was welcome them to the forum before giving that warning.

And their first post is def sarcastic Eldo. Especially given what it is in reponse to.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 pm

halfwise wrote:I was about to say much the same thing Eldo, but I think you said it better.

I was rather surprised that Lacrimae actually responded civilly after the demand to apologize and having his/her name made fun of. That shows character....though I don't know what was said to Todd because I can't untangle that mess that is Torn.

I too was surprised -- pleasantly -- at how mature and reasonable Lacrimae was in his response. All his posts directed at Todd were deleted by the TORn mods (even though he's a regular there *gasp*) but he mostly just posted links. He seemed rather offended by the mockery of TORn (much like certain people here get offended by mockery of Forumshire and Bree) and made a few jabs but nothing too harsh. I think the worst thing he said to Todd was to accuse him of hypocrisy but I don't recall the exact reasoning behind that.

At the end of the day, no one TORn did or said anything "worse" than what was said or done by people from Forumshire and Bree. I use the quotation marks since I don't think anyone did anything wrong per se: it's just a forum spat. I think it's nice that the people at TORn are trying to end it, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And Eldo just because an evil has been highlighted before does not mean it is not worth highlighting again. Each and every time is worth it! Backbone boy! Backbone! Wink (I dont think there will be any fiurther need for insults of any kind unless someone from ToRn decides to be abusive in Bree or here)

You should stop looking at this as some sort of war. A bunch of people got into an argument and now some of them are trying to end it. Even if you're being facetious when you talk about fighting the enemy (and I fervently hope that you are) you're still being an ass to people. There are no principles at stake here, just a bunch of egos and hormones. At least Lacrimae was man enough to back down after he was called on it by the TORn mods.

Halfwise he/she was using bully boy tactics to harass Todd on ToR and accuse him of being a troll. I dont think it was inappropriate of me to tell him/her that sort of thing would not be tolerated as all opinons were valued. And the first thing I did was welcome them to the forum before giving that warning.

Lacrimae actually defended you against the allegation of trolling, and he was not "harassing" Todd. Todd wasn't even online at the time. The dude just got his feelings hurt and lashed out through with a series of verbal jabs. Get over it.

And their first post is def sarcastic Eldo. Especially given what it is in reponse to.

I'm so glad we have people who can definitively interpret the meanings of other people's words, especially through such a notoriously impersonal medium of the Internet where there is no such thing as body language or tone of voice. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next