halfwise
David H
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Radaghast
24 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 25 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3]

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:29 pm

slap laugh slap laugh

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 25 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 25 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3]

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:23 pm

azriel wrote:Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 25 Cage_zpsfcb0dbff

I'm laughing like an idiot here. lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Isnt it a sad truth that N. Cage was up for the part of Aragorn ? The film would certainly be a whole lot different if he had of been.
{{{ & not necessarily for the better }}}
pale

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 25 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 25 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:37 pm

After the Wickerman remake I cant even watch the guy. Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Shocked

Yes, perhaps just as well. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Gimli: "Fangorn!  What madness drove them in there?"

Aragorn: "No, not the trees!  Not the trees!  Aaaaaahgragghag!"
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:16 pm

Mad Not even in jest Eldo!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:42 pm

"You killed Boromir! You killed him!! You b**ches!!"

Sorry petty

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:43 pm

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:50 pm

It could have been worse, Bruce Willis was up for Boromir, and they wanted Sean Connery for Gandalf...

I wish the rumours about Tom Baker as anything were true...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:02 am

http://www.theboredninja.com/fun_facts/the-lord-of-the-rings-cast-that-never-was/
Elrond's expression matches perfectly the text to the left. Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:18 am

Right from the beginning I was content with the actors we got. It opens your mind to think what could have been pale It truly would have been a horrible Hollywood fest if things had gone the other way imo. at least there's one thing I can slap peejers & crew on the back for, Thankgod they had Viggo play Aragorn. He's got the right, earthy, no nonsense, quietly sympathetic air about him.

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 25 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 25 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Yeah, that list certainly makes you appreciate Viggos casting and performance. Razz

Aragorn
Actually played by: Viggo Mortensen

Almost Was: Russell Crowe
Russell Crowe was one of Peter Jackson’s first choices for the role of Aragorn. However, he declined the role due to scheduling conflicts.

Almost Was: Daniel Day-Lewis
Daniel Day-Lewis was also one of Peter Jackson’s first choices for Aragorn. He turned the role down.

Almost Was: Nicolas Cage
Nicolas Cage turned down the part due to family obligations.

Almost Was: Vin Diesel
Vin Diesel auditioned for the role of Aragorn but didn’t get the part.

I can't really see any of the others being anything but terrible. pale

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:02 pm

malickfan wrote:I wish the rumours about Tom Baker as anything were true...

He did apparently audition, but turned it down when he was told he would have to effectively move to New Zealand for several years.

I always thought he would have made a great Rhadagast.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:44 pm

*shudder* Nicholas Cage as Aragorn. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:41 pm

just remember though there was someone cast as Aragorn before Viggo who actually started filming and was then replaced by Viggo. Imagine what would have been had they not replaced him.

On a side note I think Rob Kazinski would have been a better Fili than Dean O'gorman or whatever his name is.

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Although Daniel Day Lewis clearly wasn't interested (I recall reading he turned it down four seperate times!) and is neither the same build nor age as the Aragorn I pictured in the books, I think he would have done quite a good job, though I wonder how he would get into character? He's perhaps the most notorious method actor going...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Stewart Townsend was the guy who was originally Aragorn pub damn that was bothering me not remembering Saucy Wink

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Sinister71 wrote:Stewart Townsend was the guy who was originally Aragorn pub damn that was bothering me not remembering Saucy Wink

I found it a bit weird they fired him after filming started, he must have been there for months screentesting getting his costume etc, you'd have thought they'd notice an issue earlier. I wonder if they will ever release a few clips on video, like what they did with the original Marty Mcfly from Back to the future (now that was...weird casting)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:02 pm

malickfan wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:Stewart Townsend was the guy who was originally Aragorn pub damn that was bothering me not remembering Saucy Wink

I found it a bit weird they fired him after filming started, he must have been there for months screentesting getting his costume etc, you'd have thought they'd notice an issue earlier. I wonder if they will ever release a few clips on video, like what they did with the original Marty Mcfly from Back to the future (now that was...weird casting)

I think I read somewhere that Townsend said it was a personality thing between him and Jackson but I can't find it now. I wonder why Kazinsky left right after DelToro. The press release said personal reasons but he was quickly picked up in Pacific Rim. Something doesn't smell right there either
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Maybe he said that the elf/dwarf romance was a steaming pile of kaiju shit. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Eldorion wrote:Maybe he said that the elf/dwarf romance was a steaming pile of kaiju shit. Razz

:facepalm: slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh slap laugh  True

I just found it funny that they realease a press release saying he is leaving the Hobbit for Personal reasons and then is almost immediately added to the cast of Pacific Rim. personal reasons must have been he A thought the script sucked, or B was THAT dedicated to DelToro.... or BOTH

To me it sounds and looks like his personal reasons were with the Hobbit or Jackson or something with that particular production

Last edited by Sinister71 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:09 pm

Again, it is kinda weird they waited until the end of the first shooting block (from memory) to fire Kazinsky, I don't want to cast doubt on his acting ability or personality, but weren't the dwarves cast months before shooting started? Surely if he hadn't bonded or given a strong enough performance they'd have realised that at the start. I can't see an actor leaving such a big production without a very good reason, and being offered a similarly sized role on a film by the director who may have cast him the first time round certainly seems a bit fishy...

That said, the Tauriel/Migdet twin love story would certainly be enough for some I think...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Still haven't watched Pacific Rim-I bought a copy the other day and left it on the friggin bus Banghead Banghead

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Kazinsky isn't bad he would have made a better dwarf than the guy currently playing Fili IMO

He also went on to play a role on a whole season of True Blood,his acting skills were no worse than his current middle earth incarnation
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next