halfwise
David H
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Radaghast
24 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3]

Post by malickfan Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:13 pm

I still maintain Mcshane would be better than Armitage.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3]

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:27 pm

malickfan wrote:I still maintain Mcshane would be better than Armitage.

I agree with that i think an older Thorin would have been a much wiser decision. but you gotta put the women in the seats and we all know macho sex appeal does that. and McShane is a pretty solid actor who can deliver a much more convincing performance IMHO
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:32 pm

I think McShane is hotter than Armitage, but I suppose not everyone has watched Sexy Beast.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Eldorion wrote:Maybe he said that the elf/dwarf romance was a steaming pile of kaiju shit. Razz

I like that theory, but considering what movie were talking about the elf/dwarf romance thing probably wasn't even written at that point. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:47 pm

True, Blue. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:55 pm

Eldorion wrote:I think McShane is hotter than Armitage, but I suppose not everyone has watched Sexy Beast.

I agree & remember, Some of us old crocs know Mc Shane from way back when, hes especially well known as "Lovejoy" ( what an unfortunate name ?) & he did a stint in POTC Smile

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Another casting that almost was.

Lesser known than Townsend's controversial departure is Sean Connery's epic mistake. Connery was offered the role of Gandalf - with a pretty little 15 percent of worldwide box office receipts to tempt him, an ultimate net of something like $400 million - but didn't connect with the script and turned it down. Now we'll never hear "You shall not passshhh" in his signature Scottish brogue.

Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:10 pm

I'd say the movie was better of with Ian anyway, but both Warner and Jackson are probably thanking God he turned it down. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:19 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I'd say the movie was better of with Ian anyway, but  both Warner and Jackson are probably thanking God he turned it down. Razz

I'm glad Connery turned it down. Very Happy I mean I loved him in Highlander and thought he was acceptable as the voice of Draco in Dragon Heart. But I don't think he would have made a good Gandalf. Ian McKellan pretty much nailed it. I really can't find any faults with his performance other than the script he had to work with of course. But I can't blame him for the script
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:48 pm

He was pretty sublime, yeah. Nod

Norc posted a quote somewhere that I loved, but can't seem to find again, about him bringing the LotRs book on set and pointing out Jacksons alterations too him. Razz

Hard not to love the guy.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Oh... I found it. Very Happy

Norc wrote:“I did find it essential to stay true to the spirit of Tolkien; every day I was on the set with the book in the one hand, and the script in the other. Whenever Peter Jackson strayed too far from Tolkien, I shouted: ‘Yes, but on page 497 of the book it says otherwise!”
- Ian McKellen

at least someone tried.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Oh... I found it.  Very Happy

Norc wrote:“I did find it essential to stay true to the spirit of Tolkien; every day I was on the set with the book in the one hand, and the script in the other. Whenever Peter Jackson strayed too far from Tolkien, I shouted: ‘Yes, but on page 497 of the book it says otherwise!”
- Ian McKellen

at least someone tried.

Too bad he didn't do that with the Hobbit.... Guess he showed up just like any other paid actor this time around and read what he was told to. affraid
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:59 pm

I think, sadly, the Hobbit might not have been the most helpfull aid when filming these movies..

Love that quote though. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:53 pm

He may have given up or given in over peejers treatment of The Hobbit ? ( Ian McKellen ) I thought he had a tired WTF look in his eyes ? An expression of, I dunno, get on with it ? Just as you do when the Dr points out that you will have to have a toe removed to walk properly

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Yeah, there was that quote about him considering giving up acting after all the green screen work in the Hobbit movies. Sad  

But I prefer the happy one about him giving Peter Jackson a hard time for deviating from Tolkien. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Yeah, there was that quote about him considering giving up acting after all the green screen work in the Hobbit movies. Sad  

But I prefer the happy one about him giving Peter Jackson a hard time for deviating from Tolkien. Nod

Thumbs Up
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:51 pm

Sir Ian seemed really put out in the DOS EE BTS {{{{that's alot of letters!}}}}}}}}. He was constantly asking questions, and seemed completely exhausted. At one point he was almost whining "But what am I saying? What am I supposed to say?" The only happy time I've seen him is in the gif in my signature!!!

And so I have this.
Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Tumblr_ne2oxz1D9d1tybli3o2_500

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Tumblr_ne2oxz1D9d1tybli3o1_500

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:54 pm

I always thought that Sam line was a subtle thumb-nosing at the purists, but I don't know for sure if it was deliberate. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:05 am

love Sir Ian but I dont think his heart was in it this time, and who could blame him with all that greenscreen rubbish he had to deal with, thats not acting, it must be frustrating and difficult to act with nobody there.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:15 am

Yeah, it's real sad. Particularily as he, to my mind, at least, was one of the best things to come out of these movie series.

I guess we should have the sad quote here too.

"I felt pretty miserable … and thought perhaps, has the time come for me to stop acting altogether if I can't cope with these difficulties?"

"It was so distressing and off-putting and difficult that I thought 'I don't want to make this film if this is what I'm going to have to do.' It's not what I do for a living. I act with other people, I don't act on my own."

Sad

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:17 am

Tinuviel wrote:And so I have this.
Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Tumblr_ne2oxz1D9d1tybli3o2_500

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Tumblr_ne2oxz1D9d1tybli3o1_500

Very Happy

That's certainly more in the spirit of the thread. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:56 am

Eldorion wrote:I always thought that Sam line was a subtle thumb-nosing at the purists, but I don't know for sure if it was deliberate. Razz

I'm pretty sure Philippa Boyens claims that they put that line in deliberately because Frodo and Sam shouldn't have been there if they had followed the book. Tried to find it on youtube, but it's in the TTT EE commentaries somewhere

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:18 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-26652-1376336421-5

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:55 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [3] - Page 26 Xdwhattt

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:15 pm

I always thought that Sam line was a subtle thumb-nosing at the purists, but I don't know for sure if it was deliberate- Eldo

As Ringdrotten says its quite deliberate.

Just as Gandalfs 'every good tale deserves embellishment' in TH is too.
Though they really were taking the piss there as the line should have been 'every good tale can be utterly ruined by careless embellishment.'

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next