Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Amarië wrote:Kan ikkje du snakke meir om véret då? E so arti å sjå når Nora klikka! Laughing
IKKE SVARTE FAEN OM DU TAR DET OPP!!!

va djævelsk kaljt her i morrest sånn btw.. eller snær hele dagen... -12...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Amarië wrote:Plusskvamperfektum

Høyesterettsjustitiarius
Bluebottle wrote:Hva med regjeringskoalisjon?

Siden vi først snakker om politikk. Laughing 

Eller mindretallsparlamentarisme?

Shrugging 

underbuljongsterningpakkemesterassistent
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Vel, når du nevner det... +5  pale *gulp*  Laughing 

We are getting the Northern Light apparently though.  Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Some great stuff about the Scots as well.- Blue

McAdder is good too.  Laughing 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Vel, når du nevner det... +5  pale *gulp*  Laughing 

We are getting the Northern Light apparently though.  Very Happy
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_m51wq0nCKt1r3nkzc
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:59 pm

btw. can we just talk about that 90 year old man from northern-norway who refuses to pay a ticket he got for not wearing a safety vest on his fishing boat because he doesn't like the law. he thinks it's stupid. he is even prepared to go to jail. he even said just now on the news that if they had asked if he had a safety vest he should have answered that "why would he need that? the boat doesn't leak" Very Happy i love this man. he was interviewed by the news and he was driving, but he doesn't have a license, because he says the police stole it! and it may seem that i am being harsh on an old man and that he has dementia or something, but he doesn't! He is fully aware and everything Very Happy he refused to have a lawyer, he represented himself Very Happy i love him. the thing is, had the media not gotten hold of this case, the police would most likely have let it pass and given him a warning or something, but since it is an actual law and it is all over media they can't let him win this! but he's so darn stubbirn Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Norc wrote:
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_m51wq0nCKt1r3nkzc
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_myyl951cKp1r7dopwo6_400

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_myuj45CiGA1sk62lwo1_500
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_mz21rxFg4j1qclf78o6_250

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:08 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_m5qsjdFImu1qju7t7o2_250
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Norc wrote:btw. can we just talk about that 90 year old man from northern-norway who refuses to pay a ticket he got for not wearing a safety vest on his fishing boat because he doesn't like the law. he thinks it's stupid. he is even prepared to go to jail. he even said just now on the news that if they had asked if he had a safety vest he should have answered that "why would he need that? the boat doesn't leak" Very Happy i love this man. he was interviewed by the news and he was driving, but he doesn't have a license, because he says the police stole it! and it may seem that i am being harsh on an old man and that he has dementia or something, but he doesn't! He is fully aware and everything Very Happy he refused to have a lawyer, he represented himself Very Happy i love him. the thing is, had the media not gotten hold of this case, the police would most likely have let it pass and given him a warning or something, but since it is an actual law and it is all over media they can't let him win this! but he's so darn stubbirn Very Happy

BUT! can we talk about this!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Norc wrote:btw. can we just talk about that 90 year old man from northern-norway who refuses to pay a ticket he got for not wearing a safety vest on his fishing boat because he doesn't like the law. he thinks it's stupid. he is even prepared to go to jail. he even said just now on the news that if they had asked if he had a safety vest he should have answered that "why would he need that? the boat doesn't leak" Very Happy i love this man. he was interviewed by the news and he was driving, but he doesn't have a license, because he says the police stole it! and it may seem that i am being harsh on an old man and that he has dementia or something, but he doesn't! He is fully aware and everything Very Happy he refused to have a lawyer, he represented himself Very Happy i love him.

I love old guys like this! I plan to be one someday! cheers 

the thing is, had the media not gotten hold of this case, the police would most likely have let it pass and given him a warning or something, but since it is an actual law and it is all over media they can't let him win this! but he's so darn stubbirn Very Happy

Yes, it's a shame when the media makes such a circus of things that common sense can't prevail.  

We had an old neighbor named Red who'd lived here all his life. He lived in a two room cabin and was famous for driving his old car at 10 mph slower than the speed limit. Then when he was 80-something another car ran through a stop sign and hit him.  When the State Patrol was called to the accident, they found he'd been driving for almost 70 years without ever having a drivers license, and without ever having an accident! Shocked  Very Happy 

When the judge heard the case, he praised Red for spotless driving record, gave him a small fine, and recommended that he be given a special driving test and issued a special driver's license that would allow him to drive within 15 miles of his home so he could continue to go to the store and the tavern.
That's good common-sense justice! Very Happy 
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:23 pm

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Tumblr_mz0g66lWH91svi0s2o2_250

Yeah, also it was getting a little confusing us both using Watson gifs.  Laughing 

As for the man I think it's a clear case of where the ethical feeling in the population is at a mismatch with the strict rule of the law. Eller for å si det på norsk, det er motstrid mellom folks rettsfølelse, hva de synes er riktig, og loven.  Nod 

I don't think that case ever necesarily had to go to trial if the police had handled it better. Gjennom påtaleunnlatelse eller lignende.  

Representing yourself, not always a good idea though..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:24 pm

i know, david, and it is what probably would have happened here too, if the media hadn't caught it. he has never used a safety vest and never had one aboard his boat. but now they can't do anything, because if they let this pass, everyone else (thinkin especially about young reckless people in large powerful boats) won't see the point. and i dunno if u get it, but boating in the summer is A HUGE DEAL like ENORMOUS in norway.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:28 pm

the thing Blue, the police's initial idea was to just let it pass, but since it is in the media, no matter what people or the man says, they can't let him win just because he disagrees with the law. it's like letting a murderer win because he said "she deserved it and it should be allowed" (or something) (bad example) but my point being, they can't let him win, or others will follow. it is a strict and important rule to prevent people from effing drowning.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Yeah, I get it. It gets crazy here in the summers too, with recreational boaters who don't have a clue what they're doing. The number one cause of deaths up on Puget Sound during the summer is drunken boaters trying to piss over the side with no vest on. We're required to have "wearable floatation devices" on board the vessel, but the law doesn't say we have to wear them.

Are you required to wear them at all times? If not, the simplest thing would to have given the fisherman a little talk about not setting a bad example for idiots, and then handing him an old vest to keep on board so he was legal.

The thing with guys like this is, they'll usually work with you if you treat them with the honor and respect they deserve. But if they think you're trying to threaten them, they'll fight you to the death, just on principle.

David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:45 pm

no, the law only says to have them in the boat, although i think kids have to wear them, but i am not sure about that last one, though most people only put vests on the children, and not on themselves.

well, i think that is what happened david, they approached him, asked if he had a vest onboard, he said no, they gave him a fine, he refused.

i guess the police would've just overlooked it or something or that it would've made a more peaceful ending, but the media blew it up and he is stubborn and now it's just a locked situation.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Ah, doesn't sound like a very well handled case then.

I don't think there is a way he can win this in court as he broke the law, and ignorance of the law is not an excuse that exempts you from punishment. In the end he'll probably end up with a larger fine, but at least he got to speak his mind in public to the entier nation. So maybe he'll see it as worth it.

Tror jeg må si akuratt dette på norsk, litt dårlig englesk lovvokabular.  Laughing  Likhet for loven betyder jo også retten til å behandles forskjellig fra en annen hvis sakene deres er forskjellige. Og det er nok ikke mange andre saker hvor hensynene som tilsier å ikke straffe en 90 åring i denne saken også ville slå til.  Shrugging Så jeg vet ikke om skadevirkningene ville være så store.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:53 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
Tror jeg må si akuratt dette på norsk, litt dårlig englesk lovvokabular.  Laughing 

Sure you don't want to stick to English? Laughing (beklager, men i dette tilfellet var skriveleifene litt festlige Wink)

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:
Tror jeg må si akuratt dette på norsk, litt dårlig englesk lovvokabular.  Laughing 

Sure you don't want to stick to English? Laughing(beklager, men i dette tilfellet var skriveleifene litt festlige Wink)

{{{Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 14 Humre_zps6dcd8a7e}}}

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Skrivefeil det er for korrekturlesere det vet du.  Laughing 

Jeg bare rabler, ihvertfall når jeg ikke tenker over hva jeg skriver.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Bluebottle wrote: Likhet for loven betyder jo også retten til å behandles forskjellig fra en annen hvis sakene deres er forskjellige. Og det er nok ikke mange andre saker hvor hensynene som tilsier å ikke straffe en 90 åring i denne saken også ville slå til. Shrugging Så jeg vet ikke om skadevirkningene ville være så store.

herdy gerdy ferdy...
that's just jibberish to me.. stick with english..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:00 pm

I'll try to write it in English then.

Equality for the law also means the right to be treated differently from someone else if your case is different from theirs. And I don't think there will be many cases with the same circumstances as this. So in a case with different circumstances the person would have to pay a fine. It's the circumstances in the case in question which speaks for letting the guy off.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Skrivefeil det er for korrekturlesere det vet du.  Laughing 

Jeg bare rabler, ihvertfall når jeg ikke tenker over hva jeg skriver.

too bad i love to correct :lol:i even correct Petty's english... Embarassed

you should be writing:
Skrivefeil,KOMMA det er for korrekturlesere det, vet du./korrekturlesere, det vet du.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I'll try to write it in English then.

Equality for the law also means the right to be treated differently from someone else if your case is different from theirs. And I don't think there will be many cases with the same circumstances as this. So in a case with different circumstances the person would have to pay a fine. It's the circumstances in the case in question which speaks for letting the guy off.  
still jibberish. i don't think that first sentences makes a lot of sense.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next