Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:34 pm

I might have known that too come to think of it..  Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 pm

If I didn't misread you that is. Embarassed

Norc wrote:it's probably not the strings nor the chair but hey, you're the expert.

Certainly no expert. Any advice is very appreciated.  Wink 

I was thinking about taking the violin thing down if you don't want to listen to it again. I might do another in not too long if your interested, now that I know the Sherlock things a bit better. Well, at all.  Laughing 

I did wonder, do you have the sheet for the Shire thing? I was trying to pick it, but the second part is rather dificult.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:55 am

yeah, do whatever u please Wink i always remove them after a while.. Shrugging

i do have those sheets, i'll put them up as soon as i got the time Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:19 pm

That would be great.  Smile 

It's not always necessary to leave the throwaway stuff online, I agree. If you do something you like however it can be quite nice to leave it sometimes. I think I've still got a song on Urørt from years ago for instance.

I'll see what I get around to with the violin thing.  Wink  I was thinking of asking my father if he could find some recomended teacher through the Opera so I could get a lesson. Might not be a bad idea.  Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm

You lucky bastards....

All Norwegians become crown millionaires, in oil saving landmark

By Alister Doyle

OSLO (Reuters) - Everyone in Norway became a theoretical crown millionaire on Wednesday in a milestone for the world's biggest sovereign wealth fund that has ballooned thanks to high oil and gas prices.

Set up in 1990, the fund owns around 1 percent of the world's stocks, as well as bonds and real estate from London to Boston, making the Nordic nation an exception when others are struggling under a mountain of debts.

A preliminary counter on the website of the central bank, which manages the fund, rose to 5.11 trillion crowns ($828.66 billion), fractionally more than a million times Norway's most recent official population estimate of 5,096,300.

It was the first time it reached the equivalent of a million crowns each, central bank spokesman Thomas Sevang said.

Not that Norwegians will be able to access or spend the money, squirreled away for a rainy day for them and future generations. Norway has resisted the temptation to splurge all the windfall since striking oil in the North Sea in 1969.

Finance Minister Siv Jensen told Reuters the fund, called the Government Pension Fund Global, had helped iron out big, unpredictable swings in oil and gas prices. Norway is the world's number seven oil exporter.

"Many countries have found that temporary large revenues from natural resource exploitation produce relatively short-lived booms that are followed by difficult adjustments," she said in an email.

The fund, equivalent to 183 percent of 2013 gross domestic product, is expected to peak at 220 percent around 2030.

"The fund is a success in the sense that parliament has managed to put aside money for the future. There are many examples of countries that have mot managed that," said Oeystein Doerum, chief economist at DNB Markets.

Norway has sought to avoid the boom and bust cycle by investing the cash abroad, rather than at home. Governments can spend 4 percent of the fund in Norway each year, slightly more than the annual return on investment.

Still, in Norway, oil wealth may have made the state reluctant to make reforms or cut subsidies unthinkable elsewhere. Farm subsidies allow farmers, for instance, to keep dairy cows in heated barns in the Arctic.

It may also have made some Norwegians reluctant to work. "One in five people of working age receives some kind of social insurance instead of working," Doerum said, despite an official unemployment rate of 3.3 percent.

(Reporting by Alister Doyle; Editing by Alison Williams)

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:53 pm

This is just one reason why I want independence for Scotland- as the SNP plan a similar fund and to garner similar funds over the next 50 years of production- that the UK government didnt do this 50 years ago is a disgrace- the reason for not doing so an even bigger disgrace.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:24 pm

And still our governments either refuse or don't want to build proper roads or expand the railroad network to include Northern Norway Mad They keep saying that the landscape doesn't allow it, but look at Austria - if they can do it, so can we.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:56 pm

That sounds depressingly familiar Ringdrotten- in the UK Westminster is currently proposing spending a few billion of tax payers money and resources from all over the UK in building a brand new high speed train line to connect up the country- except it will only be in England and not go as far north as Scotland.  Mad 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Why waste money going as far as Scotland ? maybe they know something you dont ? Im sure they plan years ahead on just about everything & they KNOW whats in the pipeline already, they just like to "be seen to be doing" Its all a facade ! They think throwing out a chance for voting, is involving people, but its just a smoke screen, as the politicians get the decision they want anyway !

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:57 pm

fuck trains.. why do we need trains! we have ships! also.. rather keep the roads safe than fucking trains. i mean they can't even maintain what we already have. also, i don't think we should complain about nordlandsbanen (the northernmost railroad) when it was built by war prisoners when the nazis needed transport. god knows how many russians died for that railroad...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:58 pm

also, invest in schools and hospitals too goddammit and make it easier for students to study with giving them cheaper loans and affordable housing. there is a lot more pressing issues than fucking railroads and the olympics.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:13 pm

It also seems to give the politicians an unfortunate amount of self belief to have that much money to spend. While the economists stop any meaningfull investment under the guise of economic issues like inflation and sustainability.

It's kind of an unfortunate circle.

And I agree completely, schools and education.  Nod  One could wish someone would actually think what kind of investment that would mean to the future of this country.  Rolling Eyes 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:23 pm

well, it seems the only thing they actually do with the money is invest Shrugging

on another note:
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo1_1280Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo2_1280Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo3_1280Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo4_1280Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo5_1280
(this is just right near me Smile )
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo6_1280Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo7_1280Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo8_1280
(technically not wild but ok...)
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo9_1280Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Tumblr_mz4yxl46g11rs6hamo10_1280also as u may have noticed.. these aren't all 25 reasons Rolling Eyes the whole article is here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/07/norway-greatest-place-on-earth_n_4550413.html
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Well, the problem I guess is all they can do is invest ... abroad. So we are actually creating "value through investment" in other countries.  Rolling Eyes 

Oslo at number 6.  Shocked Well, it is certainly very green around here.  Nod  Though we also have the ugliest railway station in the world in the middle of the city center and ... I could probably go on for a while. Better not.  Laughing 

As for the Northern lights we might apparently be getting them as far south as here the next couple of nights.  Shocked  Very Happy 

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10142212

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Norc wrote:also, invest in schools and hospitals too goddammit and make it easier for students to study with giving them cheaper loans and affordable housing. there is a lot more pressing issues than fucking railroads and the olympics.

Agreed. And I was not complaining about Nordlandsbanen - my complaint is that they don't build railroads further north. Railroads are much safer than driving a car, and on the long term would lift some pressure off the environment, and they're faster than ships, and they don't have to skip ports due to bad weather. The reason why we can't maintain those we already have is the same as why we can't maintain the roads we already have - there's no will in the government to allow money for it. I wonder how many of the politicians in parlament have actually been outside any of the major towns for a meaningful period of time.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 13 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:56 pm

no, i know u didn't complain about it Wink it's just that people tend to forget it and take it for granted and complain. 

i agree however, railroads would definitely be good for traffic, it would remove a lot of the heavy trailers up here, and they are a pretty big risk to other cars and the roads are already bursting.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Well, at least they find the money to get roads moved from 300 meters from their house and have it put in tunnels for an additional cost of several hundred million. So they can when they want to Ringo.  Laughing 

And I agree putting money into trains would certainly be a good idea. For all the reasons you have mentioned and more. Still, it will probably be too costly according to the economists. Thye said the same thing before they built the TGV in France, that it would never pay itself back, but some things you have to do for other reasons than the economic.

Haha, og jeg liker at vi av alle ting diskuterer samferdselspolitikk her.  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:14 pm

i know Rolling Eyes ..

btw, does anyone have some good hangman words? (i came to think of it since samferdselspolitikk is a gruesome long word)

i have:
kaliumpermanganattitrering
sentripetalakselerasjon
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Kan ikkje du snakke meir om véret då? E so arti å sjå når Nora klikka! Laughing

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Plusskvamperfektum

Høyesterettsjustitiarius

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Hva med regjeringskoalisjon?

Siden vi først snakker om politikk. Laughing 

Eller mindretallsparlamentarisme?

Shrugging 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Its all greek to me  Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:36 pm

Well, it probably is greek then.  Laughing 

Then again, what sounds like greek but isn't greek?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Fjordian apparently!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Some great stuff about the Scots as well.  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next