Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Bluebottle Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Yeah. Very Happy I've actually played it both today and yesterday despite it only having 3 strings. So I must have caught some kind of bug for it. Nod 

Though the only song I know how to play on the top two strings is Ave Maria, so I mostly play that. Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Norc Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:11 pm

aaaaaaveeee mariiiiiiaaaaa!!! i have no idea how to play that though Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Open on the second deepest string, then second finger on the deepest string and so on. Or something like that. I mostly play from ear anyway. Very Happy 

I was trying to think of something funny to say about violins to end this post. But somehow I just couldn't think of anything at all. ShruggingLaughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:26 pm

so it starts on a D(ick) Very Happy  

{{{saved u there Wink }}}
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:32 pm

You could have said something about your nice, red note book.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:36 pm

I see I might have to read up on some violin jokes to be a real violinist. Nod  Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:38 pm

well, as long as u don't snap the g-string too, Blue Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:39 am

Some of my favourite childhood Christmas memories Smile

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 am

oi! don't change the subject!

you know. my dad studies medisin and every christmas they're chemstry professor reads "snekker anderesen" (a very loved norwegian tale about a carpenter who pretends to be santa but then he meets the real santa and they switch places, so he's santa for the santa kid who lives under a tree and they love his home made gifts and the real santa is santa to the carpenter's kids Smile )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:00 am

Norc wrote:oi! don't change the subject!
From G-strings? Laughing Very Happy 

Though I agree, I had the feeling this had turned into mainly an violin/viola thread now as well. You can only derail the subject for so long without it actually changing, no. Shrugging 

Those sounds like som good childhood Christmas memories, Ringo. Nod santa 

Though I hope it's more christmassy around your parts than here.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Doesn't it get a little cold wearing just those up there?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Do you mean a G-string or a G-string? scratch

Not that I would know either way. Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Well, if you feel you have to, I'd suggest nylon strings, not steel - though neither, frankly, sound comfortable. Shocked 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:47 pm

orwell.. i don't think you know anything about violins, but you're kinda right in this. My violin is a stradivarius copy, which means it makes a lot of sound, so i am thinking of changing from steel to nylon Smile and yes, you can get that for violins Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Ah, good to know. Wink 

Another concert tonight.
(Actually it's more of a concert series, featuring a new soloist each time.)

This time with a jazz violinist from Trondheim called Gaute Skrove. So there were two violinists.  Very Happy 

Here's some, not very good, pictures:

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Wp_20146

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Wp_20144

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Wp_20145

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:28 pm

cool Very Happy they breed good musicians in trondheim Nod very good program, with a saturday school Very Happy and lots of orchestras, but we have a symphony orchestra so suck on that trondheimers...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:32 pm

but we have a symphony orchestra so suck on that trondheimers...- Norc

Laughing 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:22 pm

It was. Very Happy  And with a good deal of dual violin improvisation. It really was rather interesting.

Noone was there to film it this time sadly, but hopefully they'll get around to putting up the video from last week soon.

Reading about your concert on the other thread, it sounds great fun. Though a bit of a mouthfull. I'm sure your perfectly capable though. Nod  I'm impressed and a little bit envious you get around to doing so much music.

Now Trondheim or Tromsø? scratch 

Well I have lived in Trondheim and it's really nice, but you've said some things that have raised my impression of Tromsø a lot.

Well, seeing as you got a new Taekwondo stripe, I think it's safest to say; Tromsø all the way. Very Happy  

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:26 pm

tromsø all the way for sure Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:57 am

Very Happy 

As to the envy point.

It's been a little while since I've played any concerts, all the while I'm going to quite a few of my brothers. And it can get a little frustrating, when you play music yourself, to go to concerts and just watch other people play, but I'm getting more used to it.

So I'm genuinely happy for you that you get to do so much of it. Nod Though I'm turning slightly green. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:51 pm

well, then start playing concerts Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Yeah, that might be a solution. Laughing 

I used to play a few concerts every now and then with my band, but we haven't done that many since our drummer moved back to England. We're working on some recordings now, so that might turn out quite fun and interesting. Even quite good, Very Happy but we'll see.  

I have a couple of songs we're not using. So I'll see if I can do anything with those when I'm done with this exam. The soundcloud thing I was talking about at least. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:53 pm

i actually have recorded some concerts we did a year ago Smile buuut... i won't post them here again, because well... we've improved and i don't think those videos reflects our level any longer Razz i'll see if we can do another video, maybe after christmas Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 pm

and here's my instruments.
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Dsc00417
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Dsc00420
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 6 Dsc00418
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:27 pm

Well, I would be interested to hear whatever you get around to. Nod

Flotte instrumenter, Nora. Very Happy

Love the instruments. Really beautiful. And certainly a lot prettier than my old thing. Laughing 

Balancing them on the bed is probably a lot more prudent than my method, as well.  Razz 

How are they to play?

My brother was trying to play the one I have last year. So he had a friend of his who plays violin look it, and she apparently said it was rather hard to play.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next