Pettytyrant101
Bluebottle
Eldorion
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:41 pm

the weather is freaking me out.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2]

Post by Orwell Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:50 pm

We're having 41C days and fires all over the place among the eucalypts. Funny in a way that while we keep an eye of our Fire Apps on the mobile, and some fires are only 5 K's away, I go about our business as if they are in another country (or world). Mind you, we're not having the huge conflagions like the bushfire that killed in excess of two hundred people in my State five or six years ago. The death of real people (unless you know them personally) is in some ways like the death of characters in Game of Thrones, fictional. (For all that, no deaths to bushfire this year Downunder and hope it stays that way!)

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:21 pm

41c sucks. It gets that hot here in August and its sweaty heat. But I prefer heat to miserable cold. Mind you 41c is too damn hot. I suppose if its dry heat its better though?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:29 pm

I think 41 and wet heat is called sauna, which isn't necessarily such a bad thing!
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 pm

yep its a sauna alright. nasty fungus growing environment
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:48 pm

what the hell?! 41C in FEBRURARY?! whaaat?!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:14 am

Well, these are strange times - wildfires everywhere in Trøndelag, and now grass fires where Amarië lives scratch Thinking what the winters (not to mention the summers) will be like in 10-20 years fills me with an eerie feeling pale

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:43 am

Same here in the UK ! We seem to have more rising water ( which scares the shit out of me !  pale ) & flooding these last few years. dont forget we are SURROUNDED by water, being a teeny weeny island, & THAT scares me like hell !  pale  I sometimes have nightmares that it will all end like "WaterWorld" in this hemisphere & be a total baron waste in the other . *shudder*

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:44 pm

Sorry Azriel its just England that's sinking, Scotland is rising out of the sea, several inches a year in fact- about by the same amount England sinks every year, and we've shaped all our hills so all the run off goes across the border  Nod (either that or the UKIP guys right and its punishment for all the gays! not quite sue how mind you, I reckon if it rains for long enough all that will happen to the gay people is they will come up with a rather natty line in designer umbrellas and matching welly boots)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Shocked 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Are you shocked that Scotland is rising Figg, or that we run the rain off into England, or that UKIP think its the fault of gay people?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:32 pm

well when Scotland gets too high dont come running for our oxygen.  Suspect 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:04 pm

The gays will rise from the depths
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Malepagaentcostumeinmahinbodies201312_zpsf4172a7e
And laugh at all the Scotty's floundering for air..
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Manchester_Pride_2012_zps927b5777
 That'l wipe the grin off old Farage wont it ?
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Th_nigel-farage_zps2944b65f

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [2] - Page 23 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Mind you I think Petty might be on to something  pale The Scot's could throw their huge boulders back towards Scanilandinandiland & be ok, Us ? well, learn how to speak French ! We could use The isle of Wright as a raft & paddle away ??

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:10 am

All this talk reminded me of a Goon Show tidbit I just saw on my facebook.

Quote of the day:
Seagoon: I entered a room 4 foot deep in water. Up to his neck in it Grytpype-Thynne was sitting on a rubber dinghy, smoking a gin-filled hookah.
Grytpype-Thynne: Ah Neddie! Have a glass of water.
Seagoon: [Gulps] Ah, thank you.
Grytpype-Thynne: Have another. Drink as much as you can.
Seagoon: Why?
Grytpype-Thynne: The basement's flooded.

Laughing 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:36 am

I remember the one about the Atomic Dustbin.

One Goon: Is that the prototype?

Other Goon: That's the dustbin.

Sorry can't remember much, it was a long time ago, but I thought that was funny.  Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:13 am

Yeah, Spike Milligan had a real gift for poignant lines like that.  Nod 

They do like a daily quote and sometimes they're just meh, but mostly they are wonderful.

Seagoon: Captain Hairy Seagoon at your service sir
Crun: Yes captain service, now here is a photo of the Russian master spy Igor Blimey. He's escaped from every prison camp in Europe
Seagoon: There's nothing on this photograph
Crun: He's escaped again!

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:24 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Are you shocked that Scotland is rising Figg, or that we run the rain off into England, or that UKIP think its the fault of gay people?

Is Scotland getting lighter because the English are moving out all of their capital and infrasructure ahead of the divorce? scratch

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am

Bluebottle wrote:Yeah, Spike Milligan had a real gift for poignant lines like that.  Nod 

They do like a daily quote and sometimes they're just meh, but mostly they are wonderful.  

Seagoon: Captain Hairy Seagoon at your service sir
Crun: Yes captain service, now here is a photo of the Russian master spy Igor Blimey. He's escaped from every prison camp in Europe
Seagoon: There's nothing on this photograph
Crun: He's escaped again!

Spike was plain silly really.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:35 am

Yes, wonderfully so. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Is Scotland getting lighter because the English are moving out all of their capital and infrasructure ahead of the divorce?-= Orwell

The truth is more wonderous Orwell- we are still riding slowly back up after being compressed under a few miles of ice in the Last Ice Age, the countries been slowly rising back up for about 10,000 years.
Basically think of the UK like a seesaw, as it rises at the Scottish end it falls at the other end.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:36 pm

same here Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:36 pm

A bit interesting to see how opinions vary in different parts of the country. (One area certainly seems to have made up it's mind.  Laughing )

Fakta om gallupen

Det er spurt i overkant av 1000 personer i forbindelse med gallupen.

Spørsmålet som er stilt er: «Bør Norge søke om å få arrangere vinter-OL i Oslo 2022?»

Undesøkelsen er utført av Norstat.
Tallene fra gallupen

Tallene fra NRKs måling i november 2013 står i parentes.

Totalt:
Ja: 38 (40) prosent
Nei: 55 (53) prosent
Vet ikke: 7 (7) prosent

Oslo:
Ja: 45 (48) prosent
Nei: 49 (48) prosent
Vet ikke: 7 (4) prosent

Nord-Norge:
Ja: 15 (20) prosent
Nei: 79 (73) prosent
Vet ikke: 6 (7) prosent

Midt-Norge:
Ja: 38 (32) prosent
Nei: 54 (59) prosent
Vet ikke: 9 (9) prosent

Vestlandet:
Ja: 32 (34) prosent
Nei: 58 (61) prosent
Vet ikke: 11 (5) prosent

Østlandet:
Ja: 46(48) prosent
Nei: 48 (43) prosent
Vet ikke: 6 (9) prosent

Sørlandet inkl Telemark:
Ja: 41 (44) prosent
Nei: 57 (51) prosent
Vet ikke: 2 (5) prosent

Menn:
Ja: 42 (41) prosent
Nei: 51 (53) prosent
Vet ikke: 7 (6) prosent

Kvinner:
Ja: 35 (39) prosent
Nei: 58 (53) prosent
Vet ikke: 7 (8 ) prosent
http://www.nrk.no/sport/fortsatt-stor-motstand-mot-oslo-ol-1.11381809

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:16 pm

so, most of the country votes no... only on Østlandet is it a yes, and in oslo it is a tie? this is stupid.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Yeah, it's getting a bit silly isn't it.  Laughing 

Though if you look at the numbers there is actually a majority against it everywhere, though it's still close in Oslo and Østlandet. The slight majorities for was from November last year.

The thing is though Sporting Norway (Idrettsnorge) seem to really want it, and Oslo kommune is not adverse to the idea. And that's kind of two of the three yes'es they need. So they'll probably be hoping poeple will change their opnion. Shrugging 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next