Ringdrotten
leelee
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
Norc
24 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by Eldorion Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:47 am

That really is some atrocious handwriting. Halfy is either much better at deciphering it than I am or he put a lot of time into that (or both)!
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 40 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [4]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:57 am

Sudden heavy and prologed rain is making me crabbit!! Evil or Very Mad How's a Scotshobbit supposed to smoke a cig when the damn thing ends up soggier than Mrs Figg's pussy in a bath?!!! Evil or Very Mad (Not that I recommend trying to put Ginger Meg in a bath pale ) And shortly I have to walk over a mile to work in it- Ill be droont afore I get there and smokeless!!! Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:50 pm

I just noticed how Figgy's context helps, so eliminated some question marks:

"initial form in peacock feathers -
fascinating[?] - get[?] just at
intervals: think about the story line.
see next page ->"

"Integration of of Fig. into text is
slightly confusing, better to put
all ; this[?] means[?] at the
end, and make them bigger!"

Ah, now it seems you are wanted to include ALL your figures, not just a select few, and with so many it's better to put them at the end.

As a former teacher I know that grading and commenting on papers is a highly time consuming process; you try to write as fast as your mind thinks, else it can double an already lengthy time in grading. I had a discussion with other teachers who said that yes, they ALL had students coming up to them asking 'can you tell me what this is?' Razz So having been on the other side I have a more intuitive feel for the fragmentary comment.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:46 pm

thanks Halfy. Thumbs Up its true she was writing fast as we talked, and there were so many ideas flowing about its a wonder she got anything down on paper. I personally find Dictaphones very useful in those situations, that way you can go back at your leisure. Doctors are another lot who write like they are King Tut about to kick the bucket.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Sudden heavy and prologed rain is making me crabbit!! Evil or Very Mad How's a Scotshobbit supposed to smoke a cig when the damn thing ends up soggier than Mrs Figg's pussy in a bath?!!! Evil or Very Mad (Not that I recommend trying to put Ginger Meg in a bath pale ) And shortly I have to walk over a mile to work in it- Ill be droont afore I get there and smokeless!!! Evil or Very Mad

Oi!! Mad

anyway it serves you right for smoking. its a disgusting habit. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:29 pm

I HATE literature reviews. I really do. Banghead it sux.

btw talking of irritating how do you make your Word thing do double spacing? cant figure it out. but that's not news. Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:57 pm

If you're talking about microsoft word, first find a format menu, then go to paragraph. Can't say much more than that, and even that may be wrong because MS keeps wildly changing their arrangement of things. The latest versions are nearly impossible to decipher where anything is.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:13 pm

hmm I went to paragraph and it gives me too many options,
do you know which one means double spacing?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:18 pm

um... 'double' = 2 Surprised

But unless you are specifically required to double space, play around and find which one you prefer.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:32 pm

:facepalm:  why am I so thick at maths? Embarassed sorry yeah that should have been obvious.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 pm

People who don't even fucking try. People who quit their job without giving a notice.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:37 pm

Fucking Reddit.

It's a cesspool out there. You can pour your energy and enthusiasm and interest in things into it and the waters of inanity swallow it all up and spit out a pile of crap into your face.

It really is the worst. I will go elsewhere from now on. It is as bad as Facebook.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Audible.com is making me crabbit!

Its business model is based on the usage of DRM to protect audiobooks from being illegally distributed. The problem is that that means that all of their content is encoded in .aa or .aax file formats. Meaning, of course, that I am unable to transfer said content onto my new MP3 player and am also foiled from burning the content onto CDs, which is something they simply do not support and which I have yet to find a work-a-around. Apparently everyone listens either on an iPod, their smart-phone, or through their computer. So what am I to do if I want to listen in my car? Mad

So, after 4 different attempts, I've given up on the whole bugger and decided to take the rebellious path and use my old fallback {{{torrents}}}. I'm currently about 14 hours in to downloading The Way of Kings with about 12 hours to go (unless the current upswing of peers continues, in which case I only have 4 hours to go).

The man drove me to it! I have no regrets! (Especially as I already paid for the bloody product!)

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:17 am

Forest Shepherd wrote:Audible.com is making me crabbit!

Its business model is based on the usage of DRM to protect audiobooks from being illegally distributed. The problem is that that means that all of their content is encoded in .aa or .aax file  formats. Meaning, of course, that I am unable to transfer said content onto my new MP3 player and am also foiled from burning the content onto CDs, which is something they simply do not support and which I have yet to find a work-a-around. Apparently everyone listens either on an iPod, their smart-phone, or through their computer. So what am I to do if I want to listen in my car? Mad

So, after 4 different attempts, I've given up on the whole bugger and decided to take the rebellious path and use my old fallback {{{torrents}}}. I'm currently about 14 hours in to downloading The Way of Kings with about 12 hours to go (unless the current upswing of peers continues, in which case I only have 4 hours to go).

The man drove me to it! I have no regrets! (Especially as I already paid for the bloody product!)

Hey Forest.
Your friendly computer-geek coming out with some EPIC advise for your problems!
So your problem here is the DRM protection. That isn't really a big problem! There are many different programs out there that is used to remove the DRM protection.
Here is a list with a few different sites that has listed some of the top DRM-removal tools [[[I don't know if you have a mac, windows or linux OS, so i'll just list a few different sites]]]

Windows OS:
http://www.topsoftreviews.net/top-5-aa-aax-to-mp3-converter-reviews/ (Windows only)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/aaxtomp3/ (Russian program (i think). First button to find file, 2nd button to start conversion.)

Some mac options:
http://www.macsome.com/ (Macsome Audio Book converter ( Audio book converter, iTunes music converter, audio recorder, audio editor, audio book splitter, freeware, for Mac OS X) , which can help you to convert Audible AA to MP3 easily.)

http://toptitleweb.com/howtos/convert-aax-to-mp3.html (I think this one works on both mac and windows)

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:38 pm

I feel like you are opening your trench coat in a side alley: "Pssst....hey buddy - like some DRM removal tools? Good deal for you."

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 40 Dib_zpsnubfjtpv

-------

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1271

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 40 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [4] - Page 40 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40