Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
17 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [7] - Page 13 Empty Re: Doctor Who [7]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Oooh- I knew this was coming out but I wasn't expectnig it so soon. cheers 

Science of Doctor Who with Brian Cox tonight BBC2 at 9pm.

Shame about the spoilers and after they had been so good with Who in general in the past at keeping the secrets- that sucks- shame on them.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Spoiler:

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:49 pm

where can we see this 8th Doctor stuff? you werent very clear.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:51 pm

i posted it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Spoiler:

you mean this?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 pm

no...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Norc wrote:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 pm

At least we know the official title now- The War Doctor (still think there is something very appropriate about calling him the Hurt Doctor)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:53 pm

All I can say is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy it's about Bloody Time
Spoiler:
but since it was
Spoiler:

On the other hand...does this mean the Big Finish stories are now officialy Canon?

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:56 pm

I guess so- he references all the Big Finish companions in it. (Although we are talking Who canon here which is, well, timey-wimey)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Spoiler:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:15 pm

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Maybe they should animate the Big Finish stuff like the reconstructed episodes-numerically Mcgann has more stories than even Tom Baker I believe, I guess it would be cheaper and less cheesy than bringing in a load of old fat doctors who don't fit into their uniforms anymore.

I never noticed how popular Mcgann was, every third comment on youtube seems to be calling for a spin off 8th doctor mini series (can't say I disagree, it would be better than that Rose Tyler idea...)

As for John Hurt my silly theory is he's the 9th incarnation of the man who is the doctor, but not the doctor per se, I reckon (based purely on the oddity of a random doctor appearing so late into the mythos of the show, and Hurt's massive casting coup) the Hurt Doctor is going to exist purely for the 50th special. If you noticed Hurt started of as young, so I'm banking on him being trapped in the time war for many years in a loop, Smith and Tennat break the loop resetting the timeline, Hurt will still count as a regeneration, but will die at some point, the breaking of the time war allowing him yo regenerating into Eccleston.

However I think Moffat will do some timey wimey shizzle and have Hurt manefest himself into the Valeyard, the meta crisis doctor will also count making Smith the 13th timelord, add in the 'fall of the 11th' and his tomb, Capaldi then being the New 1st doctor in a new set of regeneration.

Or some complicated shit like that.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:28 pm

I have yet to correctly guess what Moffat is going to do, not once. He has thrown me ever single time- I expect the same again.
My friend sand I have a rule on Moffat Who- if yo have thought of it, its not what he is doing!

In fairness RTD quite often threw me too, but that was only because his solutions tended to only tun up in he last ten minutes of story and to have no clues or ways of guessing beforehand- its one of the reasons I prefer Moffats writing, its more honest (and why he is so suited to doing Sherlock) he puts all the clues in there and then use sleight of hand and misdirection so you miss them, but when you go back and rewatch- all the bits you need to work it out are there.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Well the proper countdown starts today with not only Night of the Doctor but the first of the special programmes on- heres a breakdown of the major stuff coming up and when-

The Science of Doctor Who

Thursday 14 November 9pm BBC2 (rpt Fri 22)

Could we ever build a working TARDIS? Does alien life exist in our universe? Are bow-ties actually cool? Brian Cox turns Professor Who to answer some of these questions, and more, in a lecture about the science behind the sci-fi at London’s Royal Institution. Charles Dance, Rufus Hound and physicist Jim Al-Khalili are among those lending a hand – along with members of the audience.

Children in Need Doctor Who: preview clip

Friday 15 November between 7:30pm and 8pm BBC1

Details are scarce but our sources tell us to expect “an exclusive clip from the 50th anniversary special” which (for Who purists at least) should be an improvement on the usual comedy skit, and might well reveal something new about The Day of the Doctor…

Doctor Who: Greatest Monsters and Villains Weekend

Friday-Sunday 15-17 November 7:05pm, 8pm, 7:30pm BBC3

This three-night countdown of the Doctor’s top ten “greatest” foes is really just an excuse to show back-to-back episodes of Doctor Who. So who’s complaining? Anyone hoping to see any classic adventures, we suspect. But stories featuring the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Weeping Angels are pretty much a shoo-in.

Doctor Who and the Daleks

Saturday 16 November 6pm/12 midnight Radio 4 Extra

First-Doctor companion Ian Chesterton (aka William Russell) narrates this immersive, atmospheric radio adaptation of the second TV adventure, which introduced the tinpot dictators.

The Ultimate Guide to Doctor Who

Monday 18 November 8pm BBC3 (Rpt Fri 22 Nov)

The 11th Doctor has lost all memory of his previous lives and adventures. Luckily he’s kept a 1,200-year diary, so he and Clara flick through it to reacquaint themselves – and us – with all 11 incarnations. Some of the earlier Doctors may not have been given roles in The Day of the Doctor but five, six, seven, eight and ten – Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann and David Tennant – do all turn up. As do Rick Edwards, Konnie Huq and McFly, for some strange reason.

Doctor Who at the Proms

Thursday 21 November 7pm BBC3

The Doctors’ friends Madame Vastra and Sontaran Strax host this concert, filmed at the Royal Albert Hall in July. Along with a full orchestra revisiting the music of the show, expect guest appearances from a Time Lord or two, companions past and present, and some rather less friendly Doctor Who stalwarts…

An Adventure in Space and Time

Thursday 21 November 9pm BBC2

David Bradley is William Hartnell is the Doctor in this unashamedly romanticised drama about the birth of the show from sometime Who writer Mark Gatiss. Brian Cox (no, not the one from last Thursday's programme), Sacha Dhawan and Jessica Raine are the three outsiders/visionaries, Sydney Newman, Waris Hussein and Verity Lambert, who launched the reluctant grumpy Hartnell into the role he would grow to love. Fans should look out for cameos from Who 
alumni – and you should definitely, definitely keep watching until the end…

Doctor Who: An Unearthly Child

Thursday 21 November 10:30pm BBC4

Immediately after An Adventure in Space and Time, switch over to BBC4 to see all four episodes of the very first Doctor Who adventure – the same story Waris, Sydney, Verity and William Hartnell were working on in An Adventure in Space and Time – in all its re-mastered glory. 

Who is the Doctor?

Thursday 21 November 10:30pm Radio 2

Seventh Doctor Sylvester McCoy suggests that the Time Lord’s messianic qualities are the key to his appeal, while current head writer Steven Moffat argues that the Doctor’s childlike nature is what separates him from conventional heroes, in this exhaustive attempt to decode the show’s unique appeal and evolution.

Me, You and Doctor Who: a Culture Show Special

Friday 22 November 9:30pm

TV and film scholar and lifelong Doctor Who fan Matthew Sweet reckons the show is one of our most important cultural artefacts. Here, he provides a potted history, indulges in some budget re-creations and calls in some highbrow commentators ranging from Ken Livingstone to Caitlin Moran – as well as cast and crew, including Doctors past and present.

The Graham Norton Show

Friday 22 November 10:35pm BBC1

What better way to celebrate Day of the Doctor Eve than to settle down on the sofa for a cosy chat with Matt Smith and David Tennant. The tenth and 11th Doctors will be joining Graham and some other people who have nothing to do with Doctor Who to talk about tomorrow’s main event, presumably without giving away anything at all.

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor

Saturday 23 November 7:50pm BBC1

You’ve heard of “event TV”. Well this is it. Tonight, an estimated 100 million viewers around the globe will make The Day of the Doctor the biggest TV drama simulcast in history, as Matt Smith’s 11th Doctor and his companion Clara (Jenna Coleman) team up with predecessors David Tennant and Billie Piper, moody new incarnation John Hurt, Joanna Page’s Queen Elizabeth I and members of UNIT to battle Daleks, Zygons and more, and quite possibly answer a few of those big questions along the way…
- Radio Times

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Pity I dont have the BBC Sad  I wont be able to watch any of that.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:10 pm

Try watching on this site Mrs Figg-

http://www.filmon.com/tv/bbc-one

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Trailer for Adventures in Space and Time- it looks excellent!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 pm

10 mins till the Who progs start!! BBC2 (so if you use the above link you need to go to the union jack symbol to get UK channel listings and switch to BBC2)

Where's Ally when Brian Cox is about doing Who stuff? Mad (You'd think that would bring her back out the woodwork)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:00 pm

This was quite a good science lecture- particularly liked the stuff about black holes and event horizons and light cones.

Anyone else watch it?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 pm

thanks for that link, but how does it work? I could only get sound, there wasnt any video. scratch 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Mmm, no idea- just works for me when I go to the site- maybe try going fullscreen see if that fixes it Shrugging 

Tennant hosting buzzcocks now.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:32 pm

WHOOP WHOOP !!!!! I saw Donna and her dad cheers 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Shame you missed the lecture though, still at least you can watch the rest of the Who 50th progs now.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Not the lecture itself, but all the connecting clips with Brian Cox and the Doctor in the TARDIS-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next