Orwell
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
17 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [7] - Page 11 Empty Re: Doctor Who [7]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:13 pm

those episodes are all about Smith and full of the stuff Orwell said he doesnt like.- Mrs Figg

Actually there are only 5 more Smith episodes than there are Tennant ones on that list.

And I left out all the timewimey episodes- so no River/Doctors Death or huge arc plots episodes- all self contained classic style episodes with the exception of Name of the Doctor which I include as its a bit of prerequisite before seeing the 50th anniversary ep.
So really there only 4 more Smith eps on that list than Tennant. It just looks shorter because some of the Tennant eps are two parters.

The Tennant era episodes I recommended include more Donna than Rose episodes too, as they are superior, but theres a lot of rot in terms of story even when the Donna/Doctor stuff is good.

But feel free to go through the episode lists yourself and make recommendations.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:33 pm

I just did. season 4.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:34 pm

I just got back from watching Doctor Dances on Youtube. Excellent! I don't know what I was thinking as to how Empty Child ended? Maybe I saw it when it first came out and forgot it wasn't finished! (I saw a copy before it was released in Australia. I have my secrets - and an associate who is a Who nerd, that's all I'm saying! I'm prepared to be naive enough to believe it was all very legal at the time!)  

Billie Piper is rather attractive (if you like that kind of thing - and I do) - and I feel she is a far better actress than Amy Pond (whoever she was). I think I can see why you are not keen on her, Mrs Figg. Billie is more natural for a start. But maybe I'll reserve judgment a little until I've watched more of her. (River Song is clearly an incredibly classy [and classic] actor btw). Ecclestone is excellent too. He is so very happy at the end of the Empty Child episodes.

And the music! Takes me back to my youth. (Just joking - you assholes! Extremely Crabbit I was born in '58! I'm not really 94....Very Happy )

Anyway, loved Ep 2 as well. (Love a happy ending).

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:40 pm

''Billie Piper is rather attractive (if you like that kind of thing - and I do) - and I feel she is a far better actress than Amy Pond (whoever she was). I think I can see why you are not keen on her, Mrs Figg. Billie is more natural for a start''. Orwell

Kissing  you have excellent taste
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Sadly Eccy only did 1 series and more of it is ropey than it is good.
But when its good its very good.
Billie Piper is a good actress, and surprised many as before this she was a pop singer.

But there is much about Rose to dislike for me, she is a self centred as a gyroscope where the Doctor is concerned and treats others with disdain and even open contempt. She laughs at people who cant take in the Doctors world in a cruel smug fashion that for me is not the sort of person the Doctor would choose to have around- her treatment of Mickey and her other temporary boyfriends is pretty poor and thoughtless indeed. And she is all over Captain Jack like a rash without a second thought for her boyfriend left behind waiting for her (in fact if memory serves when she does bother turning back up her boyfriend Mickey has been harassed and ostracised by all he knows as he has been suspected in Roses disappearance, so she basically left him to go through personal trauma, police interviews and people thinking the worse of him, alone, then she is totally dismissive of him afterwards)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 pm

yeah yeah Rose gyroscope ping pong.. she is none of those things you accuse her of, none.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:51 pm

So she did not leave Micky to be accused of her disappearance then not give him another thought until she turned back up?
Was he not attacked and accused by Roses mother for her disappearance.
He said he had to be interviewed by the police and everone in the street thought he had done something to her.
Its thoughtless.

In the Dalek episode she shacks up with the English lad, and then at the start of the next episode when he realises the TARDIS has moved in space and time, and passes out the Doctor comments "he is your boyfriend," and she just smiles and says "not any more."
Its just off for a companion to treat people that way.

Look how hostile she is to Sarah Jane over the Doctor too.

There are loads of examples of her acting this way.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:''Billie Piper is rather attractive (if you like that kind of thing - and I do) - and I feel she is a far better actress than Amy Pond (whoever she was). I think I can see why you are not keen on her, Mrs Figg. Billie is more natural for a start''. Orwell

Kissing  you have excellent taste
I appreciate you, don't I? Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Wink  just like I appreciate you.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Sadly Eccy only did 1 series and more of it is ropey than it is good.
Rhubarb!

Pettytyrant101 wrote:But when its good its very good. Billie Piper is a good actress, and surprised many as before this she was a pop singer.
I suspect she may have acted in school plays.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:But there is much about Rose to dislike for me, she is a self centred as a gyroscope where the Doctor is concerned and treats others with disdain and even open contempt. She laughs at people who cant take in the Doctors world in a cruel smug fashion that for me is not the sort of person the Doctor would choose to have around- her treatment of Mickey and her other temporary boyfriends is pretty poor and thoughtless indeed. And she is all over Captain Jack like a rash without a second thought for her boyfriend left behind waiting for her (in fact if memory serves when she does bother turning back up her boyfriend Mickey has been harassed and ostracised by all he knows as he has been suspected in Roses disappearance, so she basically left him to go through personal trauma, police interviews and people thinking the worse of him, alone, then she is totally dismissive of him afterwards)
I.e. she's a very human, well realized character. You must like uncomplicated cardboard cutout-types, Petty. Your Amy Pond types, presumably. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:58 pm

cheers  Rhubarb! that finest of veggies/fruits srsly is it a veggie?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Wink  just like I appreciate you.
I really should come over sone time and go walking in the olive grove with you. Is your hubby the really jealous type? Might add a bit more danger to the equation. Very Happy 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Nice try Orwell, but no she is just not very suitable as a companion, let alone the disgusting notion she is his love interest. Evil or Very Mad 
She is shallow, bitchy, unpleasant, self centred and jealous- usually all the traits in humans the Doctor avoids in a companion.
I dont find her company enjoyable to be in and find her episodes difficult to watch (not helped by some poor stories - the Weakest Link and Big Brother in space anyone?- no thought not- and hand wave plot resolutions every other week)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 am

Mrs Figg wrote:cheers  Rhubarb! that finest of veggies/fruits srsly is it a veggie?
A fruit like the tomato is a vegetable by all accounts.

{{{I meant 'rhubarb' in it's negative sense btw, not in it's tangy enjoyable sense. Whenever I say 'rhubarb' to disagreeable people - mostly Scotshobbits - I always mean it in a disparaging way, Mrs Figg. Wink }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 am

''I.e. she's a very human, well realized character. You must like uncomplicated cardboard cutout-types, Petty. Your Amy Pond types, presumably'' Orwell

Basketball  suck on that you big Scottish nincompoop
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:03 am

oh she is human all right- all the unpleasant characteristics of one- just not the sort the Doctor would normally let onboard the TARDIS or anywhere near it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:07 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Nice try Orwell, but no she is just not very suitable as a companion, let alone the disgusting notion she is his love interest. Evil or Very Mad 
Prude! Anyway, she's interested more so than the Doctor. Why wouldn't she be? Women have feelings. They don't care if it's a Man or a kitty cat or a Doctor. Women are made for romance. Some Men are too, Petty. {{{Present company excluded it seems, Mrs Figg! Very Happy }}}

Pettytyrant101 wrote:She is shallow, bitchy, unpleasant, self centred and jealous- usually all the traits in humans the Doctor avoids in a companion.
Umm.. she is a woman, isn't she? Shocked Btw she's not as shallow as you think.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I dont find her company enjoyable to be in and find her episodes difficult to watch...
You clearly don't have a certain throbbing in your nether regions that muddies your thinking. For all that - I think you're wrong anyway. I think she's excellent. For all her human faults.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:...(not helped by some poor stories - the Weakest Link and Big Brother in space anyone?- no thought not- and hand wave plot resolutions every other week)
Might have a point there... But that's not the actors' fault, is it? More that of the writers?

Last edited by Orwell on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:14 am; edited 3 times in total

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:09 am

It might help if the episodes she is in were better, sadly they are not. Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:12 am

Strangely I find myself in agreement on this matter with a bunch of Ozhobbits Shocked 

The splendidchaps whose 50th Anniversary podcast I have been listening to the last few months (they can be quite funny, lots of Oz humour)- the relevant one is- Ten and Sex-

http://www.splendidchaps.com/

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:12 am

elephant 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:23 am

Listened. I'm not sure I have a sense humour. Which - to be frank - surprised me, Petty. Sad 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Yavanna Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:36 am

Oh, dear. You know, I gave up on companions after Leila, and that was a long, long, time ago. For me, she was so much fun - and she grew, mentally...from day one right till the end.

You know who I liked more recently, as a "companion-like" character?
Claudia, from "Warehouse 13". Sure, she was a typical computer hacker, but she had serious character. She was fun, well written, witty. Not something that you see often these days with women on TV. I long for more Katherine Hepburn types.
Doctor Who [7] - Page 11 Warehouse_13_406
Yavanna
Yavanna
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:26 am

I gave up on companions after Leila- Yavanna

Good choice though. "I am Leila." I love the way she says that every time.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:03 am

Nice scene this from another much maligned story- the Ganger two parter- which I thought was very much a classic Who style story- (and the corridor with all the watching eyes on the walls- 'to accuse' gives me the creeps as an adult, Im sure it worked a treat on the kids in putting them behind the couch! Twisted Evil )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:15 am

And a fun scene- The Doctor, and a cloaked TARDIS, turn up in the White House during the early years of the Nixon administration-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next