Amarië
halfwise
Eldorion
Sinister71
bungobaggins
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:16 pm

I didn't notice the posts on this page when I made my last post. Smile

bungobaggins wrote:At this point I wish I could have a positive attitude going forward. Another part of me just wishes I could get over it all and not pay attention to it, not see it in the theater. Well, I know that isn't going to happen, but this will be the first time I plan to go to the theater armed with pen and note-pad so I can critique it properly on my own. I've never tried my hand at film criticism, but I feel like I'll have a lot to say with this one.
I'm not really feeling optimistic, per se, because for me personally to feel that way at this point I'd have to be willfully ignorant about most of what has been revealed so far.  But I'm not feeling angry or offended about how the films are turning out either, which makes it easier to stay calm.  I didn't bring a pen and paper with me to the theatre last year, but I was keeping track of everything in my head and when I got home I immediately sat down and wrote a nearly 4000 word reaction to the film. Laughing Some people might argue that I was being nitpicky but I was trying to give a sense of how it felt for me to watch the film and what I thought did and didn't work (in spoileriffic detail) more than I was trying to write a traditional review.

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t534p75-an-unexpected-journey-in-theatres-spoiler-thread#55122

I did consider going back and writing another review in a more typical review style for my site, but I never got around to it.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Eldorion wrote:I don't really feel the need for the films to include every last detail from the book, I just wish that they worked better on their own terms.  I think one of the big reasons that AUJ didn't work that well is because PJ tried to include way too much.  Whether it was his own material or taken from Tolkien almost doesn't matter.  It just killed the pacing and any sense of momentum.
I can see that Eldo but IMO they already decided to stretch the films thin by making a 309 page book into 3 basically 3 hour films and then they leave out things like the eagles eerie and all the details associated with it or the back door being unguarded. All minor details but ones that are part of the story. They can leave out those details but yet they make up some 10 minutes of Stone giants being ridden like an amusement park ride, or another 10 minutes of falling thru Goblin town, 15 minutes worth of Azog over and over made up material but yet they can't include the details that were present that helped move Bilbo's story along. They kept inserting made up stuff that has nothing to do with Tolkien's story yet leaving out things that Tolkien did include

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:29 pm

I've gone off on the three film structure plenty of times both here and on other forums. Razz Looking back on it, I think the decision to go from two films to three is what put the nail on the coffin of the possibility of getting a really good movie out of AUJ.  Compared to the very fundamental issues with the movie's structure, pacing, and tone, the omission of the Eagles' eyrie feels pretty inconsequential to me. The most I can say is that a little more detail with the Eagles would have explained their motivation and perhaps made fewer people go "seriously? The fucking eagles again?"
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Eldorion wrote:I've gone off on the three film structure plenty of times both here and on other forums. :PLooking back on it, I think the decision to go from two films to three is what put the nail on the coffin of the possibility of getting a really good movie out of AUJ.  Compared to the very fundamental issues with the movie's structure, pacing, and tone, the omission of the Eagles' eyrie feels pretty inconsequential to me.  The most I can say is that a little more detail with the Eagles would have explained their motivation and perhaps made fewer people go "seriously? The fucking eagles again?"
The 3 film split was the nail that made me realize these films were about money and nothing else to do with telling The Hobbit Wink 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Not getting into that discussion again, sorry.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:27 pm

just the sight of pudgy-faced Legolas gurning at Tauriel like a lost puppy is gonna make me cringe. and how does Thandypants know Legolas has no hope with her?? hmm something smells fishy. Suspect Unless Thandy is her fancy man in which case yeuch!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 pm

I am looking so much forwsrd to the hobbit drinking games Very Happy anyone have any good one for the movie, without commentaries? I feel the lotr ones are a bit outdated..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm beginning to be mixed on the whole romance thing... not saying I think it acceptable to have the romance but I'm wondering if the phrases said in the trailer weren't used in a more misleading way out of context to bait people into thinking there is some romance when in truth there is only some infatuation between Legolas towards Tauriel but no real romance.... Well I hope that is the case anyways

Norc every time Azog uses the phrase dwarf scum you take a drink Wink 

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:33 am

I'd say the whole time Radagast is on the screen you drink.  Or add Azog into the mix: basically whenever characters that don't belong are on screen you have to guzzle your pain away until they disappear off stage.

This will get hairy with the second movie...

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:14 am

Norc wrote:I am looking so much forwsrd to the hobbit drinking games Very Happy anyone have any good one for the movie, without commentaries? I feel the lotr ones are a bit outdated..
Take a drink when:

1. Bilbo frowns or looks confused.
2. ???

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:36 am

Sinister71 wrote:Norc every time Azog uses the phrase dwarf scum you take a drink Wink 
You get number 2 on that one Bungo I already put up number 1  should have put a number on it though  LOL geek 

j/k I'll take number 2 Thumbs Up  pub
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:11 am

Here's a list so far. Sin, I hope you don't mind that I amended you're suggestion, but Yazneg does say "dwarf-scum" a few times before he is killed by Azog, and I thought that increasing the drink total could only be a good thing. pub 

Hobbit AUJ Movie Drinking Game

1. Bilbo frowns or looks confused
2. Azog/Yazneg says "dwarf-scum"
3. The "Misty Mountains" theme plays
4. Bombur eats
5. Ori says something stupid (i.e. opens his mouth)
6. Imagery that mimics LOTR (e.g. Angry Gandalf in Bag-End, Gandalf cracking the rock in the trollshaws etc.)
7. Whenever Thorin gets pissed at/about elves
8. Whenever you see the bunny-sled
9. Chug your drink until it is empty while the Great Goblin sings
10. ????

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:19 am

10. Whenever scenery looks fake/ the CG is terrible.

After that one you'd be able to die twice if you could!

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:42 am

bungobaggins wrote:1. Bilbo frowns or looks confused

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition - Page 3 Tumblr_m1yuu4g9cW1r81pkn
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:30 am

1. Bilbo frowns or looks confused
2. Azog/Yazneg says "dwarf-scum"
4. Bombur eats
5. Ori says something stupid (i.e. opens his mouth) (reminds me of the "when legolas says something obvious/poetic)
6. Imagery that mimics LOTR (e.g. Angry Gandalf in Bag-End, Gandalf cracking the rock in the trollshaws etc.) or unnecessary lotr reference. 
7. Whenever Thorin gets pissed at/about elves
8. Whenever you see the bunny-sled
9. Chug your drink until it is empty while the Great Goblin sings
10. whenever there is a gay moment between thorin and bilbo

if u wanna stay sober aka looser mode --> drink when u hear a line/quote from the book.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Finish your drink if you see a tree

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Good rule Ally. Nod drunken drunken drunken 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:13 am

Norc wrote:if u wanna stay sober aka looser mode --> drink when u hear a line/quote from the book.
Is that a correct quote from the book or a changed one. Because if its a changed one we'll be drunk and passed out on the floor within the first hour, and if its take a drink when Jackson uses a line that's actually from the book unaltered we'll be stone sober through the whole thing Twisted Evil
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 am

Ally wrote:Finish your drink if you see a tree
a talking tree...

a talking tree telling u it ain't no tree.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:56 am

Sinister71 wrote:
Norc wrote:if u wanna stay sober aka looser mode --> drink when u hear a line/quote from the book.
Is that a correct quote from the book or a changed one. Because if its a changed one we'll be drunk and passed out on the floor within the first hour, and if its take a drink when Jackson uses a line that's actually from the book unaltered we'll be stone sober through the whole thing Twisted Evil
i said it was looser sober mode, so yes, an actual proper quote from the actual book.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Why the bloody gif, Norc?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:24 pm

cus it's so sexy..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:25 pm

(new trailer for "little favour" check the future releases thread)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Norc wrote:cus it's so sexy..
I'll never understand hobbit lasses. Rolling Eyes 

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:20 pm

This is why the world is so violent, women selectively breed for it under the bizarre notion violence is sexy. Bloody wimin we could all be living in a paradise by now if it wasn't for them you know! Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next