Amarië
halfwise
Eldorion
Sinister71
bungobaggins
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition Empty The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition

Post by bungobaggins Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:28 pm

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition

(Warning: You may die from consumption if you attempt this drinking game.)

Take a drink when:

1. Someone says the word "appendices."
2. Someone makes a self-congratulatory comment.
3. Boyens corrects Jackson on something.
4. Someone starts grasping at straws.
5. Someone starts making up excuses/pointing fingers.
6. Jackson says "Shmowguh."
7. Boyens gushes over Azog.
8. Someone claims that what was in the book just wouldn't work on screen.
9. Boyens says something about feminine energy.
10. Someone gushes about the New Zealand landscape.

Feel free to add to this.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition Empty Re: The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Damn were gonna be one drunk lot ain't we? pub 

how about...  11. computer generation and motion capture are more reliable and cost effective than practical effects

Last edited by Sinister71 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition Empty Re: The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:47 pm

12. Every time someone compares AUJ to the LOTR films. Take two drinks if they say "this once in a lifetime experienced ended up happening twice."
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:47 pm

pub  damn we really are gonna be drunk pub
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:52 pm

13. Every time someone refers to the bonding among cast and crew.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:59 pm

halfwise wrote:13. Every time someone refers to the bonding among cast and crew.
That sounds like the part of the game where you vomit and go back to the start line Twisted Evil 
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:10 pm

14. Every time you wonder why in the name or Eru ANYONE felt that this movie needed to be longer.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Though I think we all understand the sentiment, the prompts to drink must be less than continuous. Must be external...especially if Petty plays. Maybe rewrite to say

14. Every time somebody mentions the need to add extra material that wasn't in the book, for any reason.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:38 pm

True, I did consider that a drop rather than a drink would be safer.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:48 pm

though I should have said "compulsion" rather than "need".  there was no need. Sad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:25 pm

15. Every time someone talks about giving the dwarves distinctive identities so that they don't just blur together. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:13 pm

We'll be dead by Rivendell.

15.Everytime Boyens gives the impresssion she's the biggest and most knowledgeable Tolkien fan in the world only to be proven wrong.

16. Everytime they compare the book to Lord of the Rings book and try to defend the changes by the (apparently much much longer and more dramatic than I remember) 1960 Hobbit.

17. Everytime something in the commentary makes you agree with Christopher Tolkien's stance on further films.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:19 pm

I hope nobody minds but Ive preempted the likely things they will say and started drinking already Twisted Evil drunken drunken 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:24 pm

I would post a cheeky comment about you being Scottish...but I'm tempted to join you, a month of solid drinking should help blot out the pain...scratch that can I just use the film as an ecuse to drink?

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:25 pm

I would post a cheeky comment about you being Scottish- Malick

If you are implying all Scots are drunks, I dont see what is cheeky about that- we have the statistics to prove it! Twisted Evil drunken 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 pm

18. Anytime PJ starts gloating about shooting in 48 fps/ talks about his new equipment

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:31 pm

19. Anytime you feel like throwing your shoes through the screen...best just remove them to be on the save side.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:34 pm

And petty we have the piles of vomit, loud mouthed idiots and cheap nasty clubs to prove that hampshire can more than match Scotland in terms of drunkeness.

Not that that's a badge of pride or anything Wink

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:24 pm

What do you mean its not a matter of pride? Mad 

We have the vomit, our loud mouthed idiots are better though , they tend to have a good line in banter, you might get stabbed/glassed or bottled and robbed but at least you can be assured of many classic, witty remarks whilst it happens that, assuming you survive, will make for a good funny tale to tell years later once you are over the trauma. Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:48 pm

18. Everythime they try to justify 48fps by saying its the 'Next Big Thing'.

19. Everytime James Cameron says Jackson is 'very brave'.

20. Everytime female energy is mentioned.

21. Everytime they justify painting Mirkwood like Ronald Macdonalds knickers, because the new technology cant do normal natural colours so everything has to be Painted a shit shade of bright pink and dayglo green which still looks shit after post production.

The Official Forumshire Filmmakers Commentary Drinking Game: AUJ EE Edition Robin-crying-drunk-under-desk_zps915a102d
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 am

malickfan wrote:16. Everytime they compare the book to Lord of the Rings book and try to defend the changes by the (apparently much much longer and more dramatic than I remember) 1960 Hobbit.
This will be the one that does me in. I had someone on another forum try to use this argument on me just the other day. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:22 am

6. Jackson says "Shmowguh."

Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Eldorion wrote:
malickfan wrote:16. Everytime they compare the book to Lord of the Rings book and try to defend the changes by the (apparently much much longer and more dramatic than I remember) 1960 Hobbit.
This will be the one that does me in.  I had someone on another forum try to use this argument on me just the other day. Mad
I often wonder who has ACTUALLY read The History Of The Hobbit...I mean if the changes were as dramatic as Jackson says:

Why did Tolkien misplace them so easily?
why has almost no one heard of them?
why did they go unpublished for 50 years-the 1960 hobbit is mentioned VERY briefly in HOME and The Annotated Hobbit but there is absolutely no idication of how dramatic the changes are
Why do the talking purse, multi coloured beard etc still feature prominently if this is an adult story set in middle earth?

Why didn't he use them more extensively in the 1966 rewrite (Given The Hobbit was more or less unknown in America at this point it would have been a great chance to do drastic changes),

why did he abandon it after 2 and a bit chapters, after recieving critisism from ONE unamed person (A woman incidently-she didn't seem so pissed off about the lack of female energy?)-he spent decades reworking portions of The Silmarillion on a whim, dosen't seem that serious in comparison.

Why was there no mention in his letters or official biography?

Why did Christopher Tolkien incorporate the changes into a later edition if they truly were the last word on The Hobbit?

You get the message I trust.

And I maintain that as it features in EVERY version of The Hobbit The Talking Purse is more faifthful to Tolkien's spirit then Tauriel.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Well he only read LotRs once in his late teens before deciding he was the man to make it into cinema, so I doubt he even bothered reading TH- I mean why should he when he has Tolkien expert Boyens at his side? Rolling Eyes 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Oh of course my mistake.

Would that be the same devoted fan and expert Phillipa Boyens who hasn't read The Silmarillion in 26 years because she's too scared she'll get upset at getting unobtainable ideas irrelevant to use in The Hobbit?

Funny that for such a devoted fan she didn't seem to read The Silmarillion in over a decade before she was hired as a screenwriter on LOTR.

Hmm, but she does have an academy award.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next