Norc
azriel
Eldorion
Ally
leelee
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 Empty Re: HEY ELDO !

Post by Norc Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:09 pm

azriel wrote:Whats the matter Norcy ?
 i seem to have forgotten how to fucking draw and i am now thinking about just writing some shit but it seems my brain has melted and dripped out ears so i dunno..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Off to bed, young lady! Mad 

You might end up ruining it when you're in this mood. And put a towel on your pillow, leaky brain leaves such nasty stains.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:13 pm

I dont know if this might help but, forget drawing, dont even doodle. Do something the complete opposite, like, I dont know, a toboggan run, cook a cake, dance round your bedroom to some hard ass music ?? then try later, when you feel more chilled out ?? I think forcing things makes it worse ?? wait till you feel the flow, you'll know when.

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:22 pm

i totally agree with u az Smile it's a bit late for violin perhaps and doodling certainly did not help. and i am way too tired to dance... i baked a cake though..

naaah... reading fanfiction (imagine that! i promise you, i never read fanfiction, but now i am)...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Norc wrote:fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
Well, if you insist...
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:57 pm

We went to Baltimore and checked in to the hotel and had a very nice dinner with both my mom and dad (and their respective second spouses). Then, just as we left and all split up, and started pouring rain and thundering. My brother and I had to run like four blocks back to the convention center (with only one small, flimsy umbrella between us) and got soaked. Fortunately, once there we were able to pick up our IDs for the con and borrow a couple of wigs from a friend of a friend which will hopefully make the costumes look that much better. However, it's still raining on and off so there's not much point in walking all the way back to the Inner Harbor where we ate for the outdoor pre-Otakon events they had going on.

On the plus side, though, the hotel room is really nice and also comes with free Internet access. Very Happy So I can come on here and then look over the schedule in detail with my brother while we decide what all to see tomorrow. Very Happy Hopefully it will be less rainy, but even if isn't, at least all the main events are indoors (and the convention center is massive). Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Have fun tomorrow, Eldo Very Happy I'm going to bed now, but enjoy what's left of your birthday! (I've no idea what time it is over there, sorry Embarassed)

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:04 pm

It's only 7:00 PM, so five more hours to savor. Although I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight so I'm well-rested for the very long days ahead. It looks like it stopped raining too so we may venture back outside. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:38 am

This means you have pictures of you in costume to show Hasia and us, right? Very Happy

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:41 pm

I took a bunch of photos today and we've had about 15-20 people take our picture so far.  We even settled on a pose to do in most of them.  The only pictures I have of us, though, are the ones we took in the hotel room before leaving and when I asked some guy to take a picture of us with a few other Gurren Lagann cosplayers we ran into.

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 523468_4609003922042_821954633_n

Me grinning like an idiot.

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 1098455_4609008962168_1361220316_n

The boots that I borrowed turned out not to fit but I think the wigs worked pretty well (for it being our first time wearing wigs), though they itch a lot. And no, this is not the pose we've been doing.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:20 pm

Love it ! that blue wig is SO you ! I hope you had fun, Id love to do something like that, I agree, you do need the blue hair specially if your doing Anime ! LARP would be my "thing" Smile 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:16 pm

I dont know who the characters are but I like it, and the blue wig is cool. Very Happy 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi Eldo! Wave 
Very Happy

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 pm

cool costumes Very Happy they turned out really great ^^ post a picture of the characters to ^^

and those girls.. well that one girl.. yeah.. i wouldn't wear that publicly Razz
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:33 pm

Eldorion wrote:I took a bunch of photos today and we've had about 15-20 people take our picture so far.  We even settled on a pose to do in most of them.  The only pictures I have of us, though, are the ones we took in the hotel room before leaving and when I asked some guy to take a picture of us with a few other Gurren Lagann cosplayers we ran into.

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 523468_4609003922042_821954633_n

Me grinning like an idiot.

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 1098455_4609008962168_1361220316_n

The boots that I borrowed turned out not to fit but I think the wigs worked pretty well (for it being our first time wearing wigs), though they itch a lot.  And no, this is not the pose we've been doing.
Cool pics, Eldo Very Happy And though Norc may never be seen in such outfits, the girls' costumes are awesome Very Happy

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:57 am

Thanks so much, everyone! It was a lot of fun even though the costumes were uncomfortable. We got to figure out what worked and what didn't last night so it went well, and the air conditioning kept the temperature issue manageable for most of the time. The wigs were nice to have since the characters both have blue hair. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:59 am

Norc wrote:cool costumes Very Happy they turned out really great ^^ post a picture of the characters to ^^
Thanks, Norclet! Kissing My character is actually the same one as my current avatar (we didn't have the time to try to figure out or buy the glasses).

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 8qp0I4y
HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 SlXac9n

and those girls.. well that one girl.. yeah.. i wouldn't wear that publicly Razz
So long as you'd wear it privately I'm not complaining. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:02 am

Ringdrotten wrote:Cool pics, Eldo Very Happy And though Norc may never be seen in such outfits, the girls' costumes are awesome Very Happy
I'm glad I'm not alone in that opinion. Very Happy Actually, the girl on the right's costume (the one Norc really didn't like Laughing) is a really popular one here since that character (Yoko) is the most prominent female character in the show.  We had another Yoko cosplayer come up and ask to a picture with us earlier, but I didn't think to ask her friend to take a picture with my phone too until later.

Anyway, if you liked that picture, I'm sure you would have enjoyed the rave/dance!  It's an interesting mix of people wearing street clothes, people in cosplay, and people in rave outfits.  However, those rave outfits are very skimpy, and furthermore, once it gets dark and the rave is about to start there is a not insignificant number of girls (and a handful of guys) walking around in literally nothing but their underwear. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:16 pm

I am certainly starting to see the appeal of this dressing up lark to a lad your age Eldo- and you disguising yourself as a new man too- nice one. cyclops 

ps the paper is still on the way, but every time I try to get down the printers life comes along with stuff to deal with Mad I think its a ruse by Bear Muirdock- but last chance I got to check all the features were finished- just the front couple pages still to go and hobbit lass of the day (there has been some contention over it!)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:40 pm

I tried to explain it to you last year, but I see it required photographic evidence for anyone to believe me. Very Happy I'm glad to hear the NotP is still in the works, too. Thumbs Up
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Update time: there aren't as many cosplayers on Saturday as there were on Friday, but Luke and I still dressed up for several hours this afternoon (I'm currently in the hotel room to change out before this evening; some people like to rave in full cosplay but I don't count myself among their number.  Also my the wig is getting uncomfortable.)  There was a Gurren Lagann cosplay photoshoot scheduled for this afternoon but we skipped it so we could attend a panel we were both looking forward to.  However, I did run into a number of other GL cosplayers, some of whom I was able to get pictures of, although several of the pictures aren't showing up on my phone now.  I guess that's what happens with a smartphone that's pushing four years of age.

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 557954_4615173756284_675548994_n

This is the pose Luke and I settled on yesterday.  My mom swung by the convention center to drop something off and we got her to take this picture.

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 533974_4615230597705_1589145315_n

Here's a younger version of my character (from before the timeskip in the show).  This guy was at the con with another Kamina and they were also hanging out in the same area as the only other adult!Simon I've seen, but both of those pictures are missing. Mad

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 1150817_4615228317648_156323085_n

Here's another Yoko I ran into (one of many; she's one of the more popular characters from the show).  She's also one of the people to compliment me on my costume, although not one of the ones to randomly run up and hug me (which is less common but still happened). Razz

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 625501_4615191356724_1711082692_n

And just to prove that it's not all girls who are into showing skin at cons, here's a couple of cosplayers from the swimming-themed series Free, which I've posted a video from before.

There's several more, including some awesome Pacific Rim cosplayers and a car that was painted with characters from Lord of the Rings on my Facebook album for Otakon. Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4592985481591.1073741829.1800793391&type=1&l=7bccc7a9ad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Eldorion wrote:HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 1098455_4609008962168_1361220316_n
Umm.... never thought I'd say this... Eldo, how exactly do I get to join your Nerdfriends group? Embarassed I mean.. those costumes... no, not yours, exactly.. but.. you know what I mean... and I'm sure you do... Embarassed

I don't mind the artwork either btw. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:51 am

Orwell wrote:Umm.... never thought I'd say this... Eldo, how exactly do I get to join your Nerdfriends group? Embarassed I mean.. those costumes... no, not yours, exactly.. but.. you know what I mean... and I'm sure you do... Embarassed
Well I've tried to get people on here to watch anime before, but the only person who watched even a little bit was Petty, and he went back to Doctor Who almost immediately anyway. Evil or Very Mad

NB one of the missing pictures has magically reappeared on my phone. Very Happy Here's one of the other Kaminas, and the only one whom I took a picture of.  If the other adult Simon ever shows up on my phone again I'll post him too. Smile

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 1098498_4617445813084_1872457130_n

As a side note, the above picture was taken in the massive (nearly three acres massive) dealer's room, where I spent a ton of time last year and a fair amount this time too.  My brother got me this year's official Otakon t-shirt as a belated graduation present, and I also blew $105 on anime DVDs.  My justification to myself is that I got a lot of money for my birthday with the idea that it would be spent on the con, plus I didn't have to pay for the shirt and we've been eating cheaply. Very Happy

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 934704_4617486734107_1054774141_n

It probably would have been cheaper to get them on Amazon, but this way they'll all have memories attached to them. I love you
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:29 am

One more update post tonight.  Posting all these photos made me want to see my photos from last year, most of which I never bothered getting off my phone and onto a computer (although I posted one or two Doctor Who-related pictures on here).  I put all those up on Facebook now and included a couple really good Gurren Lagann cosplayers we ran into who inspired me to want to cosplay GL, although it would be a few months before I decided for sure to do it.  These guys also had all the accessories. Very Happy

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 533983_4617586856610_1117211301_n

A different Kamina, but another one with the epic shades.

HEY  ELDO  ! - Page 3 1150865_4617597776883_1981401292_n

There's a bunch more on Facebook even if you don't have a profile: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4617581656480.1073741831.1800793391&type=1&l=c04df34593
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:31 am

That was really heart warming !! It looks so much fun & you look so happy ! & you should be at your age ! I took a sneak at FB pics, loved the LOTRs car ! was that Django I saw also ? I had to smile at Dragon ball Z, my son was into all that once long ago, I took him to Italy one year & got him these fab little figurines from a "specialist" shop that did all Manga & Anime, His sister tried to dye his hair with food colouring & we spiked it up. Everyone smiled & laughed (kindly) at him & the Italians plied him with sweets where ever we went ! So, he made sure we went out every day, walking the streets of Turin !! Fond memories ! Same with buying your DVDs, its all fond memories ! I enjoyed looking at your pics ! Very Happy Thumbs Up 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next