azriel
Elthir
Norc
Pettytyrant101
RA
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stephen Colbert questions Jackson - Page 3 Empty Re: Stephen Colbert questions Jackson

Post by Eldorion Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Just found and watched the clip. I don't think that would be as difficult as Stephen Fry makes it out to be, but Colbert does know a ton about Tolkien. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Stephen Colbert questions Jackson - Page 3 Empty Re: Stephen Colbert questions Jackson

Post by RA Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:08 am

Maybe he should make a movie.

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Well Mr Colbert is seemingly a Jackson fan in any case.

Maybe I should make a movie... please send 30 billion jools to Elthir, care of Sharrasi, and maybe it will happen.

Does one need to know much about modern technology? I might not be the best choice if so, but you can send the jools in any case. I'll find something to do with them.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:31 pm

quick! we need lots of jools and grey ponies. Elthir is making the movie. cheers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:49 pm

LOL Mrs Figg... yes grey ponies don't come cheap, and my ponies will need ponies, in case my ponies get tired.

My ponies will not be wearing, what looks like anyway, hairy suits. If I'm buying good grey ponies I expect them to come with their own good grey hair.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:20 pm

Orlando Bloom was on last night, and when asked about the relationship with Tauriel, he just said that it's all protrayed in looks. So maybe its a platonic thing? I don't know if there is a clip anywhere, but he also says some really PJ-ish things about going off canon (in this case about Romeo and Juliet). He actually kind of knew where the elves came from too, but good enough because Colbert immediately corrected him.

Stephen Colbert questions Jackson - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Didn't PJ say that there wouldn't be a Tauriel-Legolas romance? Since the second trailer I've suspected that PJ was taking lessons from the Moffat School of Honesty when he said that, but who knows. Shrugging I know a bunch of people speculated that Legolas had a one-sided crush on Tauriel. Or maybe Thrandy is just reading too much into their relationship.

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Either way it sounds like a daytime soap opera. No 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:18 am

This is how it's going to turn out...

Leggy has a crush on Tauriel, Tauriel falls for Kili, Kili crushes on Thrandy, Thrandy crushes on Thorin, Thorin crushes on Leggy. It should be called "My Big Fat Rhovanian Wedding"

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:47 am

Could we have a big boulder crush on all of them?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 am

Thrown by the rock giants, who were actually fighting because one of the mountains cheated on the other with another one.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:18 pm

I think Stephen, although yes he appears to know a ton about Tolkien, yet 'needs' to work on his Elvish plurals a bit... as I think [?] I heard Avari and Nandor where I should have heard Avar and Nando [when he was talking about Tauriel in the singular versus the Sindarin Legolas].

And easy fix: use the adjectives Avarin, Nandorin... like he did with Sindarin.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Hmm, watching it again, yes I think I heard right. Also -- although I know Stephen knows better -- in my opinion the conversation, as it flowed, accidentally implied that all Elves are 'born' by the Waters of Awakening, instead of the natural way as distinct from those who awoke in origin [and despite Stephen's initial joke about baby Elves].

Right around when Bloom says something that sounded to me like 'planet'.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:58 pm

? what on earth are u refering to elthir?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Tinuviel wrote:This is how it's going to turn out...

Leggy has a crush on Tauriel, Tauriel falls for Kili, Kili crushes on Thrandy, Thrandy crushes on Thorin, Thorin crushes on Leggy.  It should be called "My Big Fat Rhovanian Wedding"
Brings a whole new meaning to Bilbo's status as Ringbearer. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:22 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Could we have a big boulder crush on all of them?
They already tried that with the Great Goblin's corpse. No 
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Norc wrote:? what on earth are u refering to elthir?
Colbert's interview with Orlando Bloom. It's a really good interview, actually. Very Happy

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/430020/october-28-2013/orlando-bloom
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Elthir wrote:I think Stephen, although yes he appears to know a ton about Tolkien, yet 'needs' to work on his Elvish plurals a bit... as I think [?] I heard Avari and Nandor where I should have heard Avar and Nando [when he was talking about Tauriel in the singular versus the Sindarin Legolas].

And easy fix: use the adjectives Avarin, Nandorin... like he did with Sindarin.
True, although to be fair, the pluralization throws me sometimes too. But that could just be because I've always been ass at learning languages.

Elthir wrote:Hmm, watching it again, yes I think I heard right. Also -- although I know Stephen knows better -- in my opinion the conversation, as it flowed, accidentally implied that all Elves are 'born' by the Waters of Awakening, instead of the natural way as distinct from those who awoke in origin [and despite Stephen's initial joke about baby Elves].

Right around when Bloom says something that sounded to me like 'planet'.
I think he was just following up on Bloom's joke about knowing lots of backstory. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:? what on earth are u refering to elthir?
Colbert's interview with Orlando Bloom.  It's a really good interview, actually. Very Happy

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/430020/october-28-2013/orlando-bloom
oh ok *watching*

edit: kinda sad that he says that there are lots of fish in the sea when he just announced that he's having a divorce with Miranda Kerr Sad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:38 pm

is he? so soon? wow. No 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:09 pm

yeah i know, it's so sad, i couldn't believe it Sad like only three years and they have that beautiful son together Sad my heart broke..but both of them seem like intelligent people and they said they still respect each other and all that .. but still.. they were so cuuute together  D:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Watched again: it seems Bloom said something like [of Elvish babies]: 'they're actually born'... 'of the planet' [?]

Although I may be wrong, as I now realize Stephen [earlier] said 'elephant' in the room [which makes sense admittedly], not 'Elf' in the room...

... as I thought Mr Colbert was inventing his own version of that saying Very Happy 
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:15 pm

oh.. but how do elves breed?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Elves have babies.

Only so many 'awoke' at the Waters of Awakening. These are the Unbegotten [only 144, or 72 pairs according to an Elvish child's tale]. Why Tolkien wrote [in a letter] that Galadriel 'awoke' in Eldamar is curious, as she had a father and mother in the regular sense.

Elves are all 'of the planet' too Wink

Last edited by Elthir on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Norc wrote:oh.. but how do elves breed?
You see, when a mommy elf and a daddy elf love each other much... Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next