TRAILER! IT IS HERE!! Desolation of Smaug - Trailer! ACTUALLY HERE!!! OMG!

+11
chris63
Eldorion
Ringdrotten
RA
CC12 35
Mrs Figg
azriel
Pettytyrant101
Amariƫ
halfwise
Norc
15 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

TRAILER! IT IS HERE!! Desolation of Smaug - Trailer! ACTUALLY HERE!!! OMG! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRAILER! IT IS HERE!! Desolation of Smaug - Trailer! ACTUALLY HERE!!! OMG!

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:41 am

how about one called 'Tauriel does the Can Can but we can't can't '
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

TRAILER! IT IS HERE!! Desolation of Smaug - Trailer! ACTUALLY HERE!!! OMG! - Page 3 Empty Re: TRAILER! IT IS HERE!! Desolation of Smaug - Trailer! ACTUALLY HERE!!! OMG!

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 am

Norc wrote:so i don't see the problem :shrugh:

Cause you made it as a joke to try to trick people. Rolling Eyes

But if everyone else is happy with this then there's no point in making a new one.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:42 am

Mrs Figg wrote:how about one called 'Tauriel does the Can Can but we can't can't '

PJ does what JRR Tolcan't.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:39 am

Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:17 am

Eldorion wrote:
Norc wrote:so i don't see the problem :shrugh:

Cause you made it as a joke to try to trick people. Rolling Eyes

But if everyone else is happy with this then there's no point in making a new one.

yes and no, if me make two people will really get confused. i made it for the trailer, even though a bit early.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Ok Im lost here, as usual, this appears to be a thread for the DOS trailer- I mean its called 'Desolation of Smaug- trailer' so why not just put the trailer here? scratch

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:30 pm

cos this thread is not actually about the trailer. maybe its better to rename this one,

DOS, The Suspenders Are Killing Us.

and make a new one for the ACTUAL trailer? called wait for it;

DOS Trailer.

cheers
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:30 pm

cos this thread is not actually about the trailer.- Mrs Figg

On that basis every thread on the site is suspect!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:48 pm

yeah, anyhow it is about the trailer now.

and no name changing has to be done.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:29 pm

but newbies would have to wade through endless spooky oddness to actually get to the trailer, they might just give up half way.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:47 pm

do you go through the whole thread when someone makes a post? anyhow, we kan put a link on the first post.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:51 pm

will the World Come To An End if we have another thread? affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:52 pm

well, yes. cus this thread is made for the trailer. two would be confusing-
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Shrugging
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm with Norc on this one. I like things to be a bit better organized so I don't lose track. Sometimes I can't even find my own posts because of too many threads. I'm not even happy with having the two threads about the trailer that we have now. (what's on that other one anyway?)

Putting the link to where we start talking about the real new trailer would solve the newbie problem.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:40 pm

no. that wasn't what i meant.
the other thread i believe consist of just gossip and pictures and sets etc.

i meant we use this tread as the "trailer thread" then put a link to the post where the actual trailer was posted at the beginning of this thread, so that newbies would find it easily.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:57 pm

ok. no joke. the trailer seem to just have leaked from the Czech warner brother thing. it's not supposed to be out until midnight (my time)

AND WE GET TO SEE THE DRAGOOOOON!!!

Last edited by Norc on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:04 pm

if you can't do subs then the hobbit's facebook page have it up now.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10102354395589186
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Just watched the trailer and was then going to see if it was posted here yet. Very Happy I'll have more thoughts on in soon, but first impressions after only a single watch.

-- DOS looks like an exciting and entertaining adventure film
-- It looks absolutely nothing like The Hobbit
-- Jerkass!Legolas is going to be really unbearable
-- Apparently Orlando Bloom has a time-traveling twin who was cast as Bard
-- We need emergency services standing by for Petty when he sees the barrel scene
-- I don't know what to make of Smaug yet but his eyes look pretty fake
-- I ... actually enjoyed the trailer
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:23 pm

couple of things, the Elves are better than I expected, and Tauriel looks and sounds better than I expected, I like the Elven halls too. Azog was shit as usual, and some of the action sequences looked fake, ie Elves in the trees.

THE DRAGON LOOKS TERRIBLE!!!!really fake and flat and cgi plastic, its not impressive, it doesnt look like it has a character.

edit Bilbo in the trees with the butterflies was nice. and no Beorn. scratch

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 pm

i think smaug looks huge..

but remember, Legolas was a jerk towards dwarf before he met gimli.

bard is handsome. no complaints though i know he should be old.

nothing like the hobbit, yes, but i've stopped caring, it's kinda a new hobbit. there's the book. and then there's the film. just don't compare 'em.. lol...

yeah.. jeez.. i don't wanna be around when petty emerges from his barrel.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Just watched it, and.... welll....
Let me start off by saying that I thought there was no way that DoS would be worse than UJ, but I might be wrong. I thought there was no way to screw up Smaug or the elves or the spiders, but the CG looks awful. It looks worse than it did eleven years ago. Maybe it's PJ trying to make it more youthful; the bright colors and the lack of realisitic physics are very animated-movie. But why does he need CGI elves? Why was Legolas in the trailer more than Bilbo? (well we all know why, but still!) And WTF is up with his eyes? It looks like he's wearing mascara and has become a White Walker! I've got a feeling he'll have more dialogue than he had in all three LOTR's. And why is Bilbo VISIBLE with the spiders and with Smaug? THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE RING IN THIS STORY!!! I just wish PJ wouldn't ruin the whole thing by vomitting on it with experimental special effects!
I liked the music. And Tauriel didn't irk me very much (probably because the canon stuff just made me crabbit!)

Hi by the way! Long time no see!

TRAILER! IT IS HERE!! Desolation of Smaug - Trailer! ACTUALLY HERE!!! OMG! - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:26 pm

yes.. i stopped a bit at the tree thingy (and what the hell happened to barrels out of bond.. petties gonna be a nutter...)

the dragon just looks huge. i think it's the quality of the video, idk.. he doesn't seem finnished and idk.. i don't particularly like the face... but it moves Shrugging and remember he's a reptile with scales, so he can't look all fleshy.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Tin, i am sad to say, but i do agree with everything you're saying. what happened to Bilbo?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:27 pm

His eye looked too small for his head. That bugged me when I was little and I got stuffed animals. The eyes have to be proportional!

And I'm sad too Norc! I really had higher hopes for this one! I mean I'm still looking forward to the elves and Thranduil and Leggy and Tauriel (which is weird now,) probably because I just love elves!
As for PJ, a man who tries to please everyone pleases no one at all. You can't cater to kids and LOTR fans and new fans all at once. It just looks like confusing crap.

Last edited by Tinuviel on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRAILER! IT IS HERE!! Desolation of Smaug - Trailer! ACTUALLY HERE!!! OMG! - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next