See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

5 posters

Go down

See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Empty See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Post by Johnnyd Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJFfpIKfMU0#t=210

Johnnyd
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Empty Re: See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Post by Eldorion Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:51 pm

Very interesting. Smile I suppose this goes to show what people were saying about the effects and color grading not being finished in the trailers.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Empty Re: See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Post by azriel Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:55 pm

I thought majority of the film looked better in the trailer. BluRay looked like dish water ? Only one or two scenes seemed better in BluRay, but wasnt BluRay intended to be better ? be able to highlight things missed in ordinary film quality ?? To me, it looked dull, diluted & boring.

See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Edit: Whoa, haha. I typed this out with a long explanation of what I was thinking, and then somehow only this rude sounding thing came up.
I had meant to delete that actually.

Last edited by Forest Shepherd on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:18 am

I was just complaining about the colors, so I liked the murky vibe from blu-ray, but it still pales in comparison to LOTR. I guess that's just 48 fps. Plus why use the camera's if most of the film was added in later?

See the differences between the trailer and the theatrical release of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down