halfwise
David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:18 pm

They are still going strong Halfy-

'GH Currie Blacksmiths est 1855 is one of the oldest family run businesses in Scotland, offering an extensive range of services from welding and diamond drilling to wrought iron gates and railings.'

Azriel- I think that was one of the things that fascinated me as a kid- the blacksmith Currie was a big man, and yet he made this intricate delicate work.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:24 pm

They recently did the gate decoration for the botanical gardens.
Heres some of the bits-

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 387201_642012029159266_1769476790_n_zpsaaa81c76

And the finished product-

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 308094_605920256101777_1612748040_n_zps0601b15b

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:35 pm

This was the prog I watched. It was in 3 parts & really fascinating Smile it covered Silver work, & the one on armour was very interesting also !
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:36 am

is he gilding it with gold leaf? it a tricky thing to do.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:41 am

I think so Mrs Figg- but thats more your line youd know better than me- but that looks like a brush he is using to me and I believe thats the method for applying gilding.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:36 am

We have the gorgeous beaches here, but give me the woods any day.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 Photo

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:16 am

real life dwarves ...?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:31 pm

chris63 wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 Photo
That looks to beautiful to be real, its lovely !
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:54 pm

I took a few more pics now the weather is decent again-

See that church spire? Thats roughly where I was going.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 PICT0001-1_zps07f45897

Amazingly this runs parallel to the main road into and out of town- the road is just over that wall on the right- yet almost nobody walks through here, they all walk on the pavement next to the smelly road- people are weird. Mad

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 PICT0003_zpsab98a04c

Almost there!

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 PICT0005_zps86021fef

This is how I get to Forumshire- not easy getting up there when youre drunk.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 PICT0006-1_zps3b26b3be

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Thats one relaxing walk Nod (until you see the metal monster at the end !) It IS odd how people will religiously walk the same bloody way, time & time again ? Theres lots more around you if you just look. I like snooping down alley ways & obscure little roads, especially if they disappear behind churches or houses. Half the time they lead nowhere & I have to come trotting back ! but its all good clean fun ! Smile

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:07 am

azriel wrote:. I like snooping down alley ways ! but its all good clean fun ! Smile

We may have met Smile

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:07 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 Rumi2

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:10 pm

Few more pics taken over last couple of days-

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 IMG_0117_zps491567ae

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 IMG_0119_zps291fb60e

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 IMG_0120_zps72e414c9

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 IMG_0121_zpsf306f678

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 IMG_0123_zps79ed90ab

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 IMG_0125_zpse52a8f07

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 IMG_0128_zps3e2c7384

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 IMG_0131_zps0dc287ee

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:22 pm

So all of that around you, how do you manage being crabbit? scratch

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:29 pm

I like those last two woody ones, that sea looks blue, do you swim in it? or is it freezing in Summer.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:03 pm

you stole our lovely weather u bastard, it makes me crabbit.. woke up to snow in the mountains Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:18 pm

snow??? Shocked flippin heck!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:20 pm

i know.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:56 pm

So all of that around you, how do you manage being crabbit?- Halfwise

Because 99% of the time you cant see any of it for the rain/sleet/mist/clouds Mad

'that sea looks blue, do you swim in it? or is it freezing in Summer.'- Mrs Figg

I havent for many years, but there were kids swimming the other day, and I used to swim in it every summer growing up. And yes it is pretty cold even in summer, but its amazing how quickly you get used to it (an insulating inner layer of buckie helps).
The last two woody ones are the golf course, which is about 200 hundred yards from my front door.

'you stole our lovely weather u bastard'- Norc

Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Three more pics from today- weather is back to normal! This is my artist friends new place, lucky bastard-

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 PICT0010_zps696f9b8f

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 PICT0012_zpsf6217955

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 PICT0013_zpse8f5ec15

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm

gorgeous misty mountains. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Gorgeous yes, mountains no. Those are hills Mrs Figg.
Im afraid you may be in a for a shock of a morn when I send you to the shops for my buckie, you'll have to go over hills like them. But not to worry, you'll soon get used to it and youve probably got an eel ointment for the aches and pains anyway.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:49 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 2Salvador+Dal%C3%AD

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:54 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 14 1Richard+H.+Pitcairn

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next