halfwise
David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by azriel Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:58 pm

I wanna see whats round that corner Very Happy

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by David H Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:45 am

chris63 wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Transportation+in+Vietnam

I'd missed this picture and all the questions.

Those are old-school Vietnamese fishermen carrying their wicker fish traps and bamboo floats to go fishing.

The similarity to vegetables is coincidental. No veggies were harmed in taking this picture.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:47 am

Mrs Figg wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 DSC01208ppp_zps3295fc0e

I detect your elven lights Mrs Figg. Is this a path you've walked?
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:49 am

I was sort of hoping for a wackier explanation of the banana bikes, but thanks anyway, Dave. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 am

I'm with Eldo. I think you should have made something up to make it interesting.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Puzzled-smiley-emoticon

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:42 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 935061_522042961188826_836403895_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Embarassed I cant resist the bling Dave, yes its near my house, theres a ruined tower thing round that corner. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Oooh, you lucky devil Mrs Figg ! Those little beads of light dancing up the path really MAKE that picture, turns it into Faery & mystical ! makes my tummy tingle !

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:47 pm

David H wrote:
chris63 wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Transportation+in+Vietnam

I'd missed this picture and all the questions.

Those are old-school Vietnamese fishermen carrying their wicker fish traps and bamboo floats to go fishing.

The similarity to vegetables is coincidental. No veggies were harmed in taking this picture.

How do they load those damn things??

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:48 pm

David H wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 DSC01208ppp_zps3295fc0e

I detect your elven lights Mrs Figg. Is this a path you've walked?

Jealous. alien

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Mrs Figg wrote: yes its near my house, theres a ruined tower thing round that corner. pale

Beautiful! I thought I recognized the country. Very Happy Didn't you post some pictures of that tower a while ago?

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:21 pm

halfwise wrote:

How do they load those damn things??

Hell if I know.
They seem to weigh almost nothing and be strung together in long strings. I suspect that before bicycles they were carried on people's backs, like so much in Asia, and the art of packing them was adapted. There seems to be a frame or packboard inside the load that everything is lashed to.

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Phoca_thumb_l_red%20river%20delta%2023

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 Fish-traps-300x283
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:23 pm

neat.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 pm

I had to walk to my mums today- so I took some pics along the way-

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0009_zps2ec67223

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0014_zpsd22e59fe

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0025-1_zpsf4fbd3d9

Not sure what goes on here! Shocked
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0027_zps1255fe9e

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0033_zps8d22677f

This is a shadow cast by an iron gate
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0037_zpsefd0c977

Entrance to a small wood I took a shortcut through
Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0041_zpsf73643cf

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0042_zps7bcaccc8

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0046_zpsb57d6064

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 13 PICT0054_zpsf6ef392f

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:13 pm

You live in such a gorgeous area, Petty. I love you
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Strangely it doesnt look so appealing with horizontal rain and gale force winds and clouds so low you have to duck the buggers, and thats a lot more common than sunny. Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Yeah, that'd make for an unpleasant strolling experience, I imagine. pale
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Pictures are great Petty, love the gate shadow one ! So nice to see imaginative pics, not just the "touristy" sort. the wood looks so.....welcoming !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:38 pm

ooh, that looks like nice place Very Happy i like the old, brick houses and big trees ^^ we don't have that Sad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:42 pm

No big trees? You're missing out. Kinda compensates for having decent bread.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:49 pm

haha... it's too cold and windy for tall and magnificent trees.. tolkien would hate it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:52 pm

love the gate shadow one - Azriel

I love iron wrought gates- as a kid I used to watch the blacksmith making them and it always enthralled me watching him work.
The technical side is one thing- you expect a blacksmith to be able to bend and solder metal together- but the artistic expression they put into them, every one is individual, its amazing.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Wow, it's still being done? Nearly everything is cast-iron around here, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone you might refer to as a "blacksmith". In fact all the wrought Iron in New Orlean's French Quarter qualified it for designation as a national historical site. (as if the birth of Jazz wasn't enough).

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:04 pm

I like that soet of thing to ! I watched a prog on tv about all the amazing intricate work that went into Royal gates, then it moved on to intricate bindings for not just books but all sorts of things, THEN it mentioned ornate locks, how very detailed & ingenius they were. All made by blacksmiths. Dirty, sweaty men that could work a miracle with often very fine metals !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next