halfwise
David H
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Eldorion Fri May 31, 2013 3:34 am

I barely know anything about art, but your friend's work seems very impressive to me! Smile The nighttime scene is my favorite.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Empty Re: Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 31, 2013 4:55 am

I am rather lucky in that I know a few artists, my uncle Ronnie Ford is oneof them, he has shows internationally, he was in Singapore last year-

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Ronnie_ford_singapore_12_zps425519a2

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Rf2_zpsb5294176

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Rf1_zpsfb938a28

2D doesnt really do them justice however has they are incredibly textured, with the paint built up on the canvas.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri May 31, 2013 6:54 am

i love the one with the horses Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri May 31, 2013 7:06 am

Lol

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 TWO+LEG+HORSE

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 31, 2013 9:13 pm

2.57am Petty, I REALLY like the 1st pic you posted ! I love the rawness of it & the colours, it feels "alive"! The other one I like is the blue pic underneath the promo advert ! & Chris ? That horse is WAY freaky !! Smile
I just looked again........... WAY freaky ! affraid

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 969585_595077290526645_303623215_n_zps74f72446

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:10 pm

I know that one! It's near Appenzell in Switzerland.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Yeah thats the place- its a hotel apparently.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:24 pm

It's for a different class of trekker than what I was doing at the time. Pretty cool though.
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm

He keeps doing this ! that David ! He gives us a little hint & then......................

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Wink
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Dont Wink ! Your very clever at keeping a person dangling, you tease with hints of "all female bar one" crews ? Now the above ? & I KNOW theres others, You've been in Farmer Maggots crops again havent you ! Suspect

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Farmer Maggot's crops are between him and me. Mad

As for the "all female bar one" stories, at least one of them may have gone something like this: Embarassed

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:54 pm

I hate to cast aspersions but.............................. you were AWAKE when all this happened ? Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Yeah...well...Hollywood does dress things up a bit. Suspect

OK, so it wasn't the Castle Anthrax but it was close. It was a regional retail loan office, and I was supposed to be helping them on a 2 week contract.

All I wanted to do was the job I was hired for, but I often felt more like a football in play, in a power game where I was clueless of the rules.

Now I'll leave it to you to fill in the details yourself. A gentleman still needs to keep some secrets after all! Nod

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:38 pm

I sympathise David, I really, really do.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:05 am

David H wrote:It's for a different class of trekker than what I was doing at the time. Pretty cool though.

what? what do you mean by a different class of trekker? are there different classes? star trek? trekkie?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:06 am

btw, i think i'm gonna move into that hotel.. it's perfect.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:26 am

its gorgeous.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 am

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 20130531_193903_zps3af8db43

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 20130601_172803_zps70c45258

View I had to leave last night.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:44 am

Norc wrote:
David H wrote:It's for a different class of trekker than what I was doing at the time. Pretty cool though.

what? what do you mean by a different class of trekker? are there different classes? star trek? trekkie?

Jeez! You girls! Rolling Eyes

That Appenzell Gasthaus is the kind of place you have to make a reservation weeks or months in advance. Nice. Just not my style...

What I was referring to was that when I was traveling in the Alps I liked to sleep out whenever the weather permitted. I traveled with a small pack, a flask of water, a loaf of bread and a chunk of cheese. It gave me the freedom to go places people with luggage and reservations never get to see. I did occasionally stay in a Gasthaus, but also in climber's shelters, private homes and hostels. And once on a mountain top in a huge thunderstorm... affraid

David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:47 am

Lancebloke wrote:Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 20130531_193903_zps3af8db43

Pics of places that look like places from the films, or are just nice. [2] - Page 11 20130601_172803_zps70c45258

View I had to leave last night.

Nice Lance! Thumbs Up

I bet you had to make a reservation for that, though!
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:55 am

Hotel room balcony... so yes, had to make a reservation.

Also managed a sunburnt back that made Norc's snowburn look like a bit tame!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:58 am

Sorry to hear about the sunburn. I hear alcohol eases the pain. drunken
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:59 am

I'm good now... did that on Tuesday. Super itchy now!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next