Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
halfwise
David H
CC12 35
20 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Disgraced, got his wife to take his speeding rap, MP Huhne is not coming out well at his court case as his wife gives her testimony (ex-wife now).
In fact if her testimony is t be believed he comes across as a right unpleasant c**t- and I dont use that word often!

'Ms Pryce, giving evidence for the first time at her trial, told the court how Huhne "announced he had been caught speeding and he had already nine points on his licence and therefore couldn't afford to take any extra points".
"If he took the extra points he would be disqualified from driving and that was of course at a time when he was seeking the nomination for Eastleigh [as MP]," said Ms Pryce.
She went on: "I knew, of course, immediately that I had not driven the car and, of course, had not incurred the penalty.
"But also I resisted. I had absolutely no wish to take on his points because I knew full well he was a very, very fast driver and very often ignored speed limits and had brought it on himself."
Ms Pryce said the couple rowed for weeks after she refused to take the points. But then a letter arrived with her named as the nominated driver, she said.
Ms Pryce said: "I exploded… and said 'what is going on?' I said 'I am not doing this, I am not signing anything, these are not my points'."
After leaving the letter in their hallway, a few days later she said she was called downstairs.
"I went down… my husband was standing by the forms which I had just left and abandoned myself on the table," she said.
She said he had a pen in his hand "and was saying 'You've absolutely got to sign this [speeding ticket form] now. If you don't, the implications will be considerable. It's ridiculous you're not signing it, just sign it here'".
Ms Pryce said her name had already been filled in and she just had to give a signature.
She told the jury: "I looked at this and realised I had absolutely no choice. I was already nominated. It looked like a complete fait accompli for me and for him.
"I had been worn down over a period of time and it looked to me like it was the only thing I could possibly do... so I took the pen and signed, protesting all the time, but I did it."

Earlier, Ms Pryce recounted details of the couple's 26-year marriage, which ended in 2010 when Huhne told her he was having an affair with PR adviser Carina Trimingham.
"He said, 'I have something to tell you. A newspaper has caught me with a mistress and I have to write a note to say that we are separating', or words to that effect," she told the court.
I was really shocked."
Ms Pryce asked him how long it had been going on, to which he replied a year and a half.
She said Huhne said he not planned to tell her until their youngest son had gone to university - 18 months later.
He told her he had 20 minutes to write a statement, then left the house to go to the gym, she said.
"At no time was there an apology or any concern about what it would mean for us," she said.
"He ran out, with us [Pryce and her son] following behind, and said, 'And don't talk to the papers'.
Greek-born Ms Pryce also told the court Huhne had pressured her into having an abortion in the 1990s because it was "bad timing". - BBC

Lovely guy. Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 5 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 pm

In other embarrisng news for the British Government toad in the hole education secretary Michael 'nobody likes me cause Im a little git' Grove came to the Commons today to make a complete and utter u-turn on his education policy.

"Plans to scrap GCSEs in key subjects in England and replace them with English Baccalaureate Certificates are being abandoned by the government.
The reversal was announced by the education secretary in the Commons, alongside curriculum changes.
The change means plans for the new qualification, announced in September, are being shelved, while GCSEs are retained, despite having been previously condemned by the education secretary.
Labour's shadow education secretary Stephen Twigg told MPs the announcement was a "humiliating climb-down" and exam policy a "total shambles".- BBC

So after telling every student in England and Wales a gsce was no longer worth the paper it was printed on- he is now telling them the opposite, or tying to.
Thank goodness our education system is completly seperate where the Tories cant get their hands on it. Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Huhne just sounds worse and worse the more I hear about him.

I haven't been following the exam system saga so I can't comment on that.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 pm

I suspect the 'exam system saga' is indirectly responible for Kafria not posting much of late. The little git Groves fault. Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 am

On the marriage issue...

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 5 DwJyo2Al
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 pm

i don't get it.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Henry VIII got the Chuch of England to redefine the rules of marriage whenever he needed to get rid of a wife so he could marry the next one- he had 8 famously by the end.

Compare that to the current Queens father who had to abdicate just because he fell in love with a women who was divorced (although I always suspected it was more that she was an American!).

But then Charles will be King next all giong to plan and he is divorced and then marrried his mistress- so lets say the rules are ever changing!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:28 pm

aah... ok xD i see Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Not only did Henry VIII get the Church of England to redefine the rules of marriage, the Church of England only split off from the Catholic Church in the first place because the Pope refused to redefine marriage for Henry. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Garek the Guard Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Actually there was a general dislike among the courts of Tudor kings of the bureaucracy of the Catholic Church. Many of the political and intellectual elites at the time called for reform. Also there was a general dissatisfaction among the lower orders shown by the new religious orders which appeared around this time.
Garek the Guard
Garek the Guard
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Fair enough, I was (greatly) simplifying in my earlier post. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:55 pm

I think that its funny how they seperated from the Catholic Church and so many people (In the US at least) give Henry credit for starting Protestantism in England. In reality, the Church of England was the Catholic Church (at least under Henry) just with the Pope and Cardinals cut off.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Garek the Guard Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Well, he did even if it was the reigns of Edward and Elizabeth that brought along the real change. Of course it's well documented that Henry died a Catholic.
Garek the Guard
Garek the Guard
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

he only had 6 wives scratch
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:21 pm

ONLY???? How many would you suggest? Shocked
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorient Avandi Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Garek the Guard wrote:Well, he did even if it was the reigns of Edward and Elizabeth that brought along the real change. Of course it's well documented that Henry died a Catholic.
I suppose you could make that point, he did pave the way for it indirectly by making the English government in charge of the church.

Wizard of Magicland

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Major Gun Incident in scotsdale!!! affraid

'Armed' man in Coatbridge demands late-night drink

Police have started an investigation after a man is thought to have pointed a gun at a member of staff in a bar in North Lanarkshire.
The incident took place at the Shark's Mouth bar in Bank Street, Coatbridge.
The man entered the pub at about 22:50 on Friday, asking a member of staff for a drink.
It was already closed and the man was refused. He produced what appeared to be a firearm but then fled the bar empty-handed.- BBC

That is no way to treat a purveyor of buckie! Evil or Very Mad (A swift headbutt and smashing his face into the bartop is the proper way Twisted Evil )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:34 pm

hey tomorrow we are getting Halfy's bloody snow. Mad crapadoodle i hate snow. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:00 pm

wha....did that thing travel clear across the atlantic? I tend to lose track once it leaves radar range.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:21 pm

well we are getting monster snow tomorrow, everyone is preparing, but I dont know if its NY snow. Very Happy just thought it might have breezed over.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Id rather have snow than endless bloody rain ! its raining now & Im cheesed off with it ! Mad

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 5 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 5 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Bloody rain and bloody snow... surely that's a sign of the apocalypse or something? Shrugging

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 pm

lol!

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 5 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:48 pm

yee hee ! PJ DIDNT get a BAFTA for visual effects tonight ! ha ha ! Im watching the TV to see if hes in the audience ? "Life of Pi" got it ! cheers

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next