Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
halfwise
David H
CC12 35
20 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Are all the ladies in spandex then! bounce

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3]

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:32 pm

I have fond, if slightly confusing, memories of ladies of the 70's!

Although a decade without bras cant be all bad! Nod

!

You see how much this explains?! This what I grew up being told women were like- you can therefore understand my disappointment and confusion when I had to actually interact with real women (and Scottish ones at that pale ) and discovered it was all a horrible lie Evil or Very Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:11 pm

That 70's dance party. Embarassed It's not the scantily clad women that are embarrassing me (hardly!), it's the 70's sensitive men with bushy mustaches and tight polyester pants. Embarassed

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm

There are no circumstances in which a man looks good in polyester. Mad

I also seem to remember the 70's as a time with a lot of electricity- almost all clothing seemed designed to charge you up in static electricity so everytime you touched anything you got zapped. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:28 pm

And yer hair stood on end !

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm

John Noakes, my childhood hero derring do! that Nelsons column thing still makes me feel sick.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:44 pm

Noakes was a childhood hero of mine. Daring, enthusastic, seemingly invincible and hugely likeable personality.
God knows how he survived -no health and safety in the 70's!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:53 pm

my favourite advert

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:57 pm

how we got from Italian politics to fruit gums I will never know. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Thats me after the fourth barrel. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Actually I blame it on Figgy. Introduced the 70's.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Yes, nobody should ever mention the 70's again! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 pm

yeah cheese cloth, wedges (the shoes Suspect not the knicker tightening) and Farrah flicks cool. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:24 pm

love beads & Afghan coats, flared jeans & patchwork velvet maxi skirts. "Patchouli" & "Brute", "Procol Harum" & "The sweet", Ravioli & Green shield stamps. Nod

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [3] - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 pm

chopper bikes, bean bags, Biba makeup, charlies angels, Abba, bananas and birds custard, Blue Peter, Fleetwood mac, Babysham, snogging.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 pm

What, you two were actually paying attention? That's hardly very 70's!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:38 pm

"T-Rex," "David Cassidy", "boom boom boom boom, Esso blue!" paraffin, black clogs, Birds eye fish fingers, Cherry B, clothes from "chelsea girl", Crombies, two tone coats, Youth clubs & smoking, trying to look cool, behind the YMCA ! Power cuts, Panda cars, sweets sold in ounces !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Jackie magazine, cadburies fruit and nut ads, Are you being Served, Dads Army, shops closed on Sundays, playing outside, standing up for the National Anthem, more power cuts, smoking in cinemas, kipper ties, Bay City Rollers, sherbet dips, dustbin men with horse drawn carts, rag and bone men. doors left unlocked, Harold Wilsons pipe. Tony Benn, kaftans, brown and orange wallpaper.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm

"dustbin men with horse drawn carts, rag and bone men"

You do realize we were talking about the 1970's, not the 1870's. Suspect

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Hey, dont diss it, I remember Rag/Bone men clip clopping round ourstreet!
Sherbert dabs, spangles, Smash Hits magazine, smoking on the top of the bus, Clippy's on buses, TWO films at the cinema, usherettes, more smoking ! (at the cinema!), Barbie usurps Sindy ! (I liked sindy!)
covering your school books with retro wallpaper.

Last edited by azriel on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:37 pm

This thread has become like being trapped at Abigails Party! Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Bit of a slow-mo political crash going on in the UK at the moment.

1 year ago lib Dem and Energy Minister in the coaltion Chris Hume stood on his doorstep and told the country he was completely innocent of charges that he had lied about his wife being in his car when it was caught speeding, and that it was in fact him.

24 hours ago he went to court to face the charge and put in a Not Guilty plea.

Today he returned to Court after asking the charge be read again- and this time put in a guilty plea.

So a speeding bust- embarrasing for a minister but hardly career ending- is now a prison term of up to 5 years for perverting the course of justice and the complete end of any political career.

Genius really.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 pm

You really have to wonder what this guy was thinking. That said, according to the NYT article I read about this it said that Huhne could have been banned from driving after being caught in the speed trap. Is such a harsh penalty for speeding common in the UK or had he just racked up a lot of previous violations?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Hmm, the Guardian goes into more detail.

The charge related to an incident on the evening of 12 March 2003, when Huhne's BMW, registration number H11HNE, was clocked driving at 69mph in a 50mph zone on the M11 south of Stansted, Essex. Huhne already had nine points on his licence, after getting speeding penalties three times in the previous 13 months, and was facing disqualification.

...Despite the deception over that offence, Huhne found himself disqualified for six months later in 2003 after being seen by police officers on 28 March that year using his mobile phone while driving along the Old Kent Road in south London.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/feb/04/chris-huhne-career-destroyed-lie

Guy sounds like a dumbass for continuing to speed, and a real scumbag for the way he treated his wife.

Last edited by Eldorion on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next