Forest Shepherd
chris63
malickfan
azriel
Bluebottle
17 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] Empty The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:48 pm

Well he was in the early days both the master of media manipulations (well Alistair Campbell was anyway his Director of Communications- and who Malcolm Tucker is based on) and had the advantage of being the darling of the media anyway who were so desperate for a new government they would have fetted Hitler through the doors of no10 without a tricky question.

Unfortunately for Cameron he adopted the slick, polished Blair style just at the time when everyone was seeing Blair for what he really is- a money grabbing religious nutter who rode roughshod over Parliament, his Cabinet, the Intelligence Services and the will of the people all because he believed it was 'God's plan for the Middle east'.

Ive always thought people go the Bush/Blair thing wrong- presenting Bair as Bush's poodle- I think Blair persuaded Bush using God as the main means. Its Blair who had the messiah hand of destiny complex.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5]

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Yeah, at least it's a good thing that people look through it this time around. And that choosing to appear only for such "hard hitting" interviews and screwing around with the tv debates will only reflect badly on him.

I still kind of struggle to believe he's prime minister. But I guess it's good to remember he wasn't even elected with a majority in the first place. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5]

Post by azriel Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Camerons another arse sucker ! AND isnt he related to Queenie ? inside job again. Whatever he wants he'll get no doubt.

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [5] Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Osbourne is another one- believe they were born to rule and its just their destiny. Did you know his real name is Gideon? He changed it whilst still at school to George because he thought George sounded more like a PM's name.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:05 pm

T****r !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:19 pm

There's no r at the end of Tory. scratch

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:19 pm

And let's not even mention the c-word.

Spoiler:

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:38 pm

:facepalm: Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:04 pm

Anyone hear Netanyahu speech today to try to get his voters out? In which he warns of the threat to a right wing government of Israel by the left who are in a 'conspiracy' with Arabs to vote left.
Oh dear people who live there with a legitimate right to vote are voting for what they want- what a disaster. Are only Jews supposed to vote in Netanyahu's Israel?

Sadly though it looks like he is narrowly winning. So I guess the future remains pretty damn bleak.

If the deal with Iran goes ahead and Israel attacks Iranian civilian nuclear sites I hope the West refuses to back them- he want to wage a war let him bear the brunt of the war.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:21 pm

I think if he did attack Iran he would be on his tod.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:29 pm

I dont think he would find much backing in Europe, some like Germany might wish to continue assaging their guilt by standing with them, but I dont think their population would bear it.

But its America who will back them, even if its their deal Israel screws over. The Jewish Lobby in the US is incredibly powerful in both parties, but particularly Republicans. If Netanyhu announced he was going to use chemical weapons to wipe out all Palestinians (and I think he'd love to) there are those in the Republican party would cheer him on all the way.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:33 pm

well lets hope the Republicans don't get back in to the White House then.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Martin Freeman is stepping into the general election in a prominent way fronting the Labour party political broadcast, due to be aired tonight, but its on youtube already-

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:49 pm

that was rubbish, he was totally unconvincing.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:32 pm

Yikes.  I mean, I'm all for campaign advertisements that actually talk about genuine policy issues, but the ad straight up says "all that policy stuff isn't as important as the fact that Tories don't value community or fairness or decency!"  That's like, the textbook definition of an attack ad and I hope it's self-explanatory why they're counter-productive to the goal of respectful political discourse (not that it seems that's a goal Labour is trying to accomplish this election cycle).

More importantly though, why do so many Brits brag about their superior date-representing scheme (dd/mm instead of mm/dd) when in speech they -- apparently -- say the month before the year? Extremely Crabbit
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:40 pm

We write the month before the year too- as in today is 31/03/15- which is obviously superior as its in order of importance as well as in the order of which has to change the most- what day it is is more immediately important than what month and obviously it changes daily- so day comes first, then month which only changes every 30 days or so, the year is the least useful thing and doesn't change for the longest period of time so it goes last. Perfectly sensible and superior. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:02 pm

Yes, but if that ad is any indication, you say the month before the day when speaking. What gives? Mad

And Americans write the year at the end as well; were you under the impression that we did something else?
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:31 pm

Hard to tell with Americans- you destroy the language so why not the date too!!

You say the month first if its not the same month you are in- so if you are talking about an event next month say you'd say April the 15th- as knowing its next month not this one is the most important bit of info.
The date you are more likely to use daily- therefore the day is the most important aspect so comes first. Simple.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:46 pm

fuck the date thing, what about Bilbo kissing Millibands arse?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:fuck the date thing, what about Bilbo kissing Millibands arse?

Question

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Hard to tell with Americans- you destroy the language so why not the date too!!

You say the month first if its not the same month you are in- so if you are talking about an event next month say you'd say April the 15th- as knowing its next month not this one is the most important bit of info.
The date you are more likely to use daily- therefore the day is the most important aspect so comes first. Simple.

That does make sense. Wink Honestly I hear people say both "May 7th" and "7th of May" here and I'm not sure if one is considered official or not. I agree that our way of writing dates doesn't make a ton of sense though; I'm used to it but it's not something I'd go with if I was trying to design a dating system from scratch or anything.

The Dwarves would never have had to go on that dangerous Quest if there had been a decent social safety net to protect them, duh. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:17 am

malickfan wrote:

Question

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:53 am

When I see a well known face advocating one party or the other I just think, "Oh yeah, whats he been promised ?" Suspect

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:50 am

That happens here all the time, usually with actors supporting the more liberal agenda. I don't think there's anything that devious about it - usually the actors are unpaid.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:10 pm

Well he is reaping the backlash in the right wing press for it- everything from his kids private school to his wifes taxes are being brought up and slung at him.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next