Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
Ally
29 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Television programmes - Page 6 Empty Re: Television programmes

Post by Amarië Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Naaaw... BBC entertainment Nordic is sending a old standup show with Jack Dee. Jack Dee live in London or something like that. He's so young! And so cute! Imagine that, a cute Jack Dee. He's funnier as older, bitter and grumpy though, more bite.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:25 am

Caught up through all four current episodes of Sherlock tonight! Very Happy I'm glad I didn't have to wait over a year between the third and the fourth; that must have been terrible. The third was pretty good but it felt a little repetitious at times. The fourth was phenomenal, even better than the first; it drew me in at the start and kept stunning me until the very final shot. Brilliant stuff. And I notice that both of the Moffat-written episodes are my favorites so far. Cool

Thanks a lot to Petty and everyone else who recommended this show to me! Now I'm off to listen to the Bee Gees until my brain calms down from the past 90 minutes. Laughing

Last edited by Eldorion on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:31 am

The next episode is Hound of the Baskervilles based- I really can't imagine how they will do that in a modern setting but look forward to finding out. Although I am expecting it to be not as good as its a Gatiss written episode (he plays Mycroft incidentally) and I prefer Moffats writting, not that I dislike Gatiss but I don't rate him as highly as Moffat. Gatis is also a regular Who writer, he usually does an episode every season- last season he penned Night Terrors- he likes the gothic, the dark and the macabre so Hound is right up his street.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Give this a go Eldo- I am saying nothing about it however! The League of Gentlemen.

Dont remember it having the terrible canned laughter track before! It kinda ruins the surreal experience of it. Evil or Very Mad
It works much better when its played as a straight drama- wish there was a way to turn it off.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:06 pm

One for you Petty Smile

Martin Freeman TV Alert

Everyone’s newest favorite hobbit, Martin Freeman, is set to appear on the Graham Norton Show in the UK this Friday and BBC America on Saturday.

Freeman is currently making audiences very happy with his role as Dr. John Watson on BBC One’s “Sherlock.” For all of you “Doctor Who” fans, Karen Gillan will also be a guest — and Noel Gallagher, to round things

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/01/05/52444-martin-freeman-tv-alert/

Television programmes - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks Ringdrotten. I will catch that on the i-player, which means I can skip through all the bits with Graham Norton in it as he makes me want to smash my tv in.
I supect Karen will not be talking much Who- she wont be allowed to say whats happening as the new series is still only at the early writing stages, I supect she will be there to promote her leading role in a BBC4 dramatization about a famous British 60's model and her affair with an equally famous 60's photographer.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:16 pm

She doesn't have to talk Who to look pretty, though Wink

Television programmes - Page 6 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Hey I am happy enough she is going to be in an arty drama, on an arty channel playing a beautiful women who has an affair. We all know what that should add up to! bounce

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:51 am

The league of Gentlemen, i used to like that show. Strange but funny.
Wouldnt want to catch a taxi there Smile

Sorry didnt see the Graham Norton bit, put it on another thread.
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:04 am

Do you remember League having canned laughter Chris? I dont' but I could be mistaken its years since I watched it, it seemed very obtrusive in the first episode I posted above.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:15 am

Cant remember the canned laughter myself, but my laughter could have muted there laughter, if you no what i mean.
What were they buying from the butchers ?
This is a nice town, we will have no trouble here. lol
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:45 am

I caught the latest episode of Sherlock ("The Hounds of Baskerville", if you didn't know) a day later than I intended, but I thought it was well worth the wait. Very Happy I noticed in another thread that Petty said he didn't like this one as much as "A Scandal in Belgravia" and while I sort of agree, I think that says more about the mind-blowing nature of "Scandal" than anything about "Hound". It was a more straightforward story and it was a mystery, which I actually thought was a welcome change. As awesome as the first episode was, it felt more like a political thriller than anything else. I thought it was great to see Sherlock solving crimes again. I also thought the horror aspect of the episode was played very well; I found it to be genuinely creepy. That said, the very end

Spoiler:

gave me a lot of questions, but I suppose that the series finale will answer them. One of the things this show is great about is tying up all its loose ends, even when they are

Spoiler:

Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:33 am

I need to watch more Sherlock! I watched half of a study in pink, and liked it alot! So I need to catch up real quick!

Television programmes - Page 6 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:58 am

I didn't think it was bad- as tv it was brilliant- but standing next to last weeks episode I didn't think it was as good. Not as many memeorable or witty lines and it semeed to me
Spoiler:
I said I thought it was one of the hardest stories to bring into a modern setting and that seems the case, even though Gatiss did a pretty good job of it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:36 pm

I agree it wasn't as memorable as last week's episode, but I think that it's good to have "breather" episodes in between ones that hit you with a lot. And it did feel more like a mystery to me. I agree that this was a really hard one to adapt, but I read an interesting interview with Mark Gatiss where he said he wanted it to reflect modern fears and paranoia more than Victorian-era fears. Rather than a Haunted House (which has become almost trite over time) he wanted it to be about faceless government and conspiracy theory, which Gatiss said were "modern ghost stories" in a way. That put an interesting spin on how I viewed the episode and I thought it was played quite well.

I can't comment much on the usage of the setting or the ending since I've never read any of the original stories, but I thought

Spoiler:

All in all, though, this series is looking better than the first so far, and that's a major accomplishment in itself since the first was also very, very good. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:38 am

Newish preview for episode 2.3: The Reichenbach Fall. Very Happy

This looks fantastic and it's great that Moriarty is coming back. I can't wait. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:20 am

Looking good- wonder who is on the scripting duties- from that I'd guess at Moffat.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:36 pm

I would do, but actually it's Thompson, who wrote the "other episode" from series one. I was worried about that but after seeing the preview it looks like this episode will be up to the usual standard if not even better. I certainly hope that's the case. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:43 pm

That's slightly worrying as he wrote "The Curse of the Black Spot"- the poorest episode of series 6 of Who.
I am slightly suprised he has been given the finale to do and not one of the two cocreators and main writers.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Interestingly, this episode has a fresh director being brought on. Paul McGuigan directed the two great episodes in series one as well as the first two of series two, but now there's someone new to the show directing The Reichenbach Fall (the person who directed The Blind Banker wasn't brought back). I wonder if the choice of director influenced the comparative quality of TBB and if it will influence the upcoming episode as well.

Still, I'm holding on to my hope. I think this episode has a lot going for it. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Who is the director Eldo?-never mind found out-Toby Haynes- thats very good. He is the best of the Who directors and directed "The Pandorica Opens" / "The Big Bang" (2010)
"A Christmas Carol" (2010) "The Impossible Astronaut" / "Day of the Moon"- he is very good.

Any excuse for some Who! You can judge Haynes directing skills out here;

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:26 pm

I've watched part of that before -- probably something you've linked me to. Very Happy It's pretty good; that's definitely encouraging for the series finale.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:30 pm

First ep of series 6. But I've enjoyed the directing in all the episodes he has done- particularly the pandorica opens two parter and this two parter. Writers you like and a director you will almost certainly like- get with the Who Eldo! Wink

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:46 am

Father Ted- The Beast.

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:54 am

Love Father Ted- just brilliant.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next