halfwise
CC12 35
Pettytyrant101
Norc
Eldorion
10 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

HUSSEIN vs WILLARD: Rumble in the Electoral College - Page 8 Empty Re: HUSSEIN vs WILLARD: Rumble in the Electoral College

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 am

The Fox multiverse is collapsing.

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

HUSSEIN vs WILLARD: Rumble in the Electoral College - Page 8 Empty Re: HUSSEIN vs WILLARD: Rumble in the Electoral College

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 am

It's all relative. Obama won't have the same electoral vote margin he had in 2008 but after weeks of hearing about how this election would come down to the wire it's very satisfying to see the statisticians proved right now that Obama will almost certainly win more than 300 electoral votes.

Obviously the popular vote will be closer but that's always true.

Also, I may have indulged in a bit of hyperbole. That said, this was nothing like the closeness of the 2000 and 2004 races.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:43 am

Carly Castle wrote:The Fox multiverse is collapsing.

Donald Trump is calling for a revolution on Twitter. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:44 am

I wanted a George Bush style recount! (With Obama prevailing, obviously.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:45 am

Don't even joke about that. pale My biggest worry earlier today was that Ohio (or one of the other swing states) would take a month or more to figure out the winner.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:46 am

Another soundbite, given that the white house and senate has remained the same:

"The 6-billion dollar campaign that changed nothing."

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:48 am

Haha, wow. Apparently Romney didn't prepare a concession speech. This is gonna be good.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 am

So political model projections from mid-2010 were on the whole accurate. It's almost like this didn't need to take 13 months wiseofhalf? What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 am

I wonder what that chiseled face looks like when pouting.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:52 am

halfwise wrote:

"The 6-billion dollar campaign that changed nothing."

Exactly! Very Happy It's great theater though, and free! (well, kind of..... Rolling Eyes )
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:03 am

Michelle Obama will be enjoying tonight too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:09 am

Conservatives are crying about how Ohio can't be called yet but in the meantime Nevada and Colorado were called for Obama so even if he wins NOTHING else, not even Ohio, he would still win the electoral college.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 am

According to Bill O Rielly Obama only won thanks to the hurricane!
So even God was rooting for Obama.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:18 am

Romney is refusing to concede Ohio. Give it up RomNom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 am

I want to see Romney's concession speech but we're being kicked out of here so they can close the building for the night. Laughing I might come back and check what's up when I get home but I also might just go to sleep. Razz

Thanks again for a great time following the results with you guys! cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:30 am

Sorry Mittens. This is what happens when you mess with Sesame Street. Four more years...of Big Bird! NOW CONCEDE!

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 am

Eldorion wrote:Conservatives are crying about how Ohio can't be called yet but in the meantime Nevada and Colorado were called for Obama so even if he wins NOTHING else, not even Ohio, he would still win the electoral college.

I assumed you were watching from a university? The one I'm at is open 24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:02 am

Fair play to Romney was a lot more gracious than I thought he would be and I think I might like him now? What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:30 am

Hey Obama, please make your speech so I can go to bed.

I doubt he'll read this though.

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 am

Goddammit that was a great speech Obama.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:07 am

A little bit too much 'America is the greatest couuntry in the world and everyone else sucks in comparioson' for my liking Mad, but apart from that had the right sort of concillatory tone for whats ahead.

At least its over and I can sleep safe in the knowledge the worlds most powerful military is not in the hands of Mitt!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:23 am

Carly Castle wrote:I assumed you were watching from a university? The one I'm at is open 24/7

Yeah, I was watching from my University. I'm actually not sure if they were closing the building completely or if they just wanted us to move so they could put away the scree and all the chairs they had set up. scratch
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:30 am

Anyway, a few miscellaneous updates. Colorado and Nevada were quickly called for Obama, as I mentioned earlier, which puts him over 270 regardless of anything might happen with Ohio (not that anything will). Romney won Alaska, which should surprise no one, which is probably the last state he will win. Obama pulled out a victory in Virginia and Florida is still too close to call, but Obama is leading there and seems to be pulling slightly ahead. He also has a lead in the national popular vote which seems unlikely to decrease at this point.

I watched both Romney's and Obama's speeches after I got home. I assume that one of Romney's staffers secretly wrote him a concession speech since what he said did not seem like it had been written on the fly that very night. He displayed more class than I expected, though it was sort of awkward since he looked ready to cry. I probably would be too if I had been running for President for seven years, though. Obama's speech was pretty good, one of his better ones that I've heard this election cycle. The "rah rah America" stuff is just something you have to take if you want to follow American politics.

Also, in state ballot measure news, Washington and Colorado legalized marijuana (though there's still a complicated relationship between state and federal law on this matter) and Maine and Maryland voted to legalize same-sex marriage. Washington also had same-sex marriage on the ballot but the results for that are not completely back yet. Maryland's marriage equality initiative was what I was most excited to find out about aside from the Presidency and I am thrilled that it passed. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:45 am

Eldorion wrote:

Also, in state ballot measure news, Washington and Colorado legalized marijuana (though there's still a complicated relationship between state and federal law on this matter) and Maine and Maryland voted to legalize same-sex marriage. Washington also had same-sex marriage on the ballot but the results for that are not completely back yet.

In Washington, our local news is reporting that both the marijuana and same-sex marriage initiatives are expected to pass. It will be interesting to see the reaction from the federal government.
Here's the official state website:

http://vote.wa.gov/results/current/Referendum-Measure-No-74-Concerns-marriage-for-same-sex-couples.html

http://vote.wa.gov/results/current/Initiative-Measure-No-502-Concerns-marijuana.html

{{{Go Cascadia!!! HUSSEIN vs WILLARD: Rumble in the Electoral College - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUMWNCpQfOWSMRSBHMNfAwKdITrRyM_l-oo9OsZ-WdCgEpDxazdA cheers }}}

Last edited by David H on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:51 am

Great news on both! Very Happy I know marijuana was on the ballot in Oregon as well but I believe that failed. And Minnesota had a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage but that was denied. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next