Norc
RA
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Empty Re: Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Tinuviel Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:18 am

lol! I already didn't like the scene, but hearing it with that music just killed any dignity it might have been clinging on to! Bellisimo!!!

Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Empty Re: Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:26 am

Thanks everyone. Laughing When my brother and I went to see The Hobbit (again for me, first time for him) tonight we both started humming the Benny Hill song just as the chase scene started. Hopefully we weren't too loud and didn't annoy the other people there. silent
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 am

Its time to begin the long wait for the next film- and it seems to get very bloody crabbit about it already and its only January the 8th!!!!

From Empire magazine-

'As they venture deeper in Mirkwood, Bilbo and posse will need to brace themselves for the kind of arachnophobia even John Goodman can’t help with. The forest’s giant spiders await. They’ll speak in a form of “psychic communication”, promised Peter Jackson in December’s Empire edition, so “only Bilbo hears them”. Evidently, possession of the One Ring grants Bilbo the kind of psychic powers usually commanded only by Jonathan Cainer himself, although how the spider-chat manifests itself remains to be seen. '

Mad

Fry ended up being recruited to play the greedy and grotesque politician, who makes up for with belly what he lacks in backbone. And by all accounts, the character has given Jackson the chance to gleefully hark back to his icky early work. “[The Master] is an opportunity for sheer grossness,” says Fry.

:facepalm:

While talking to Empire in September, Ian McKellen hinted that the White Council’s assault on Dol Guldur, in which Gandalf, Saruman, Elrond and Galadriel and Radagast take on the Necromancer’s foul forces, might not end well for the Grey Wizard. Obviously he won’t expire, but could he be taken out of action for a while? “There was a mocked-up doll of Gandalf that Cate [Blanchett] was carrying — she obviously couldn’t carry me — and we decided to call it Michael Gambon,” McKellen said. Well, as Galadriel said in An Unexpected Journey: “If you ever need my help, I will come.” Sounds like she keeps her promise.

Shocked Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 am

Didn't Fry previously say that he ate (presumably fake) testicles as the Master?

EDIT: Yes. Yes he did.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/17/the-hobbit-stephen-fry-ate-testicles_n_1155242.html
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:38 am

Yes there is mention of that too in Empire magazine so its seems true. As well as conformation Dain does indeed ride a boar into battle.
I fear film 2 is going to require more than editing to save.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:43 am

Petty... you need to replace the Crabbit meter with a Crabbit kilometer, or it will explode and kill us all before we reach February.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:12 am

I fear you may be right Amarie- I can feel the crabbit approaching like a wave with PJ riding the crest of it laughing. Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 am

Eldorion wrote:Thanks everyone. Laughing When my brother and I went to see The Hobbit (again for me, first time for him) tonight we both started humming the Benny Hill song just as the chase scene started. Hopefully we weren't too loud and didn't annoy the other people there. silent

;D well, me and my sister is like that when watching lotr, only with that isengard song..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 am

“There was a mocked-up doll of Gandalf that Cate [Blanchett] was carrying — she obviously couldn’t carry me — and we decided to call it Michael Gambon,” McKellen said. Well, as Galadriel said in An Unexpected Journey: “If you ever need my help, I will come.” Sounds like she keeps her promise.

Michael Gambon lol! this is actually too funny cus Ian was inicially asked to play Dumbledore

though the rest? why so crabbit? Talking spiders, sensible reason why Bilbo can communicate, nice scary spiders, and some gross Lake Master. that is just great Very Happy (not sarcastic)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 am

Eldorion wrote:Didn't Fry previously say that he ate (presumably fake) testicles as the Master?

EDIT: Yes. Yes he did.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/17/the-hobbit-stephen-fry-ate-testicles_n_1155242.html

well, in many culture that is normal.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:20 am

a boar? if it is a wild boar, then hell, why not Very Happy probably with the same super-sized balls as we saw the pic in Hobbiton had.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 am

Point out to me Norc where in the book we have boar riding dwarves, Gandalf being carried about by Galadriel, testicle eating and telepathic spiders? Where is PJ adapting this stuff from cause it aint Tolkien?- I'll tell you bloody where, from the inside of his own skull!!! Banghead

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 am

"...testicle eating... Where is PJ adapting this stuff from cause it aint Tolkien?"

Ultimate Survival with Bear Grylls Nod

Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Point out to me Norc where in the book we have boar riding dwarves, Gandalf being carried about by Galadriel, testicle eating and telepathic spiders? Where is PJ adapting this stuff from cause it aint Tolkien?- I'll tell you bloody where, from the inside of his own skull!!! Banghead

riding boars.. well, it doesn't say they don't..
Gandalf being carried, yes, that is stretching it..
testicle eating, well, they don't have to spell out everything, why not. I mean, they don't write them going to the toilette or whatever.
telepathic spiders, well, it is always seen from Bilbo's view and he ahd the ring on and it would just be better.. because how would spiders even talk.. like so that the dwarves could here..like with mouths, easier if it is telepathically, but how then does Bilbo understand and hopefully comunicate, well, he's wearing a dark magic ring. why not.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:27 am

If Galadriel does carry Gandalf. That will be the most ridiculous scene in movie history. Shocked wtf?
I really hope they are joking. Way to kill stone dead any thoughts of Galadriel as an ethereal Elven Queen, she is not a Mexican wrestler by jingo!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by widfara Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:50 pm

All seems perfectly legitimate to me.
Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 30 Th13

widfara
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:59 pm

The wild boars obviously come from the myth that Christopher Tolkien's house in France is protected by them.

Thus it is well attested in Tolkien circles and some bistros and whathaveyou.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Norc wrote:well, in many culture that is normal.

I'm sure that Peter Jackson will treat the custom of eating testicles with his usual restraint and tact out of respect for the various ball-munching cultures of the world. Rolling Eyes Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Elthir wrote:The wild boars obviously come from the myth that Christopher Tolkien's house in France is protected by them.

Thus it is well attested in Tolkien circles and some bistros and whathaveyou.

I would laugh if there was some sort of thinly veiled Christopher Tolkien expy in The Hobbit with an army of wild boar.

I'm not sure why this occurred to me. I just woke up.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 pm

I was reading the article that Petty mentioned a page ago and a few more things jumped out at me.

http://www.empireonline.com/features/hobbit-2-and-3/

If anyone was wondering why God gave us five fingers, it’s to keep count of the participants in The Hobbit’s climactic battle. Forces of humans, elves, dwarves, eagles, and a category we’re just calling ‘the bad guys’ (orcs, wargs, bats, COBRA, Thanos, Dick Dastardly and Muttley) make up the Battle Of Five Armies, with a sky-based skirmish a likely standout. In it, explains Richard Armitage, the eagles get to prove that they’re more than just Middle-earth’s taxi service. “There’s a manic fight in the air,” he told Empire, “in which eagles are fighting vampire bats.”

Okay, sounds neat.

The original Grizzly Man, Beorn plays a key role in the dwarves' journey through the tangle of Mirkwood. But on screen the shapeshifter, who lives a reclusive life away from men, orcs and Werner Herzog’s camera crews, will also gets his paws dirty dealing with some orcish miscreants. “I started with a severe torture scene,” explains the man who plays him, Mikael Persbrandt, a Swedish actor best known from Susanne Bier’s In A Better World. “It was awkward and embarassing.” The set-up involves the quizzing of an orc for information that may or may not be followed by a Jack Nicholson-style “You can’t handle the truth!” for the benefit of liberals in the room. It’s Zero Dark Fur-ty.

The Hobbit, world-famous children's book, now with 200% more testicle-eating and "severe torture".

Last edited by Eldorion on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:26 pm

HOW MANY BLOODY TIME DO I HAVE TO SAY IT! EAGLES SUCK AT AIR FIGHTING! SEAGULLS AND CROWS AND SPARROW CAN OUTDO THEM!!!

i hope the torture bit is just exaggerations..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Is masterbating considered a foreign act in the US? Suspect

Masterbate? more like MasterGREAT! haha, anyways I'm your new teacher, welcome to kindergarten

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:44 pm

{{{ I will not rise to the bait....I will not rise to the bait....I will NOT rise to the bait....}}}

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:54 pm

No by jingo!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm

I like a good math debate
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next