Norc
RA
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Norc Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:40 am

brw, my mom thinks the troll should speak norwegian. because trolls are norwegian.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Empty Re: Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:01 am

those trolls are defo Cockney. Razz

Eldo, what can I say? affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:08 am

I guess scratching the chin must mean something across the water that it don't mean here. Here it means scratching your chin.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 am

I'm afraid to UK eyes at least Halfwise that looks less like a chin scratch and more like the sign for "you total wanker".
And is a rather rude hand gesture to make at someone to say the least.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 am

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I hope it was clear to those who know me that my tongue was firmly in cheek. Smile

{{{That gesture exists in America too, and I know that it's rude, but most of us here say rude things from time to time with the understanding that we're not being serious.}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:28 am

Norc wrote:brw, my mom thinks the troll should speak norwegian. because trolls are norwegian.

That's a good point! lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:32 am

I thought Eldorion was masterbating over trolls

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:34 am

Eldo- flipping the bird in the US is rude, flicking the v's in the UK is rude- the wanker one is worse- its a very dismissive gesture- it means "Shut it and piss off you tosser"- its the dismissive part thats the offensive bit really.

{{{But I know you meant it in a more US jokey way}}

Well he is a Lore Master Ally- you never know.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:41 am

Well I do think that complaining about troll accents is kinda nitpicky, but I'm not trying to tell anyone to shut up.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:45 am

We are not complaiing about them Eldo, we are discussing them- now once weve seen the film we can know if its worth complaining about!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:51 am

*shrug* I don't really mind the lack of cockney accents. Maybe I'm just still grateful they're talking at all, but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I definitely hope that they say "burrahobbit", though. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:55 am

I am more concerend with what they say than the accent they say it in too- and especially concerend that they be tricked by Gandalf at the end by arguing how to cook them- although from what we have seen on that already Gandalf appears to give the dawn a helping hand.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 am

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the whole Gandalf summoning the sun bit, or whatever it is. The trailers aren't too clear so I'm withholding judgement for now.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 pm

I wish people would lighten up about the knobbing trolls, does it really matter? I think not. The important thing is they are there and they speak. In Cockney, which they do, because I heard them and its cockney, nuff said. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:29 pm

what Figgy said.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Spend 25% of my sisters and I's monthly food budget on 3 virtually identical Empire magazines

Maybe not worth it

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:15 pm

See Ally this is the sort of thing that is bound to come from a love of PJ. I have no sympathyat all- but I can recommend as someone used to living near the bottom of lifes buckie barrel- buy cheap noodles. I mean 4 for a pound cheap- its amazing between those and a sack of cheap porridge just how long you can last.

As to the trolls- they are more important than the average scene as they are Bilbo's first taste of adventure- before that its mainly rain and wishing he's stayed at home. So its important PJ gets it right.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:31 pm

I have been living on Sainsburys basics noodles for a while now, and there is nothing wrong with them, they're great, in fact. Even though I only eat the vegetable and curry I'm not entirely sure if they're vegetarian suitable but I'm too poor to care

Btw, even if PJ gets in wrong surely it still be Bilbo's first taste of adventure? Has anyone read the articles in the Empire magazine? Glancing through there's a subheading which implies that PJ thinks the film will be very close to the book! Hooray!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 pm

I will believe it when I see it Ally- but I do hope so, less to edit back out again afterwards!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Eldorion wrote:I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I hope it was clear to those who know me that my tongue was firmly in cheek. Smile

{{{That gesture exists in America too, and I know that it's rude, but most of us here say rude things from time to time with the understanding that we're not being serious.}}}

That gesture vaguely exists here, and is normally used to suggest somebody acting foreign, and then other people pretend to be totally shocked and make some other mysterious gesture back, so on and so forth. It's a comedy schtick, in line with the way Americans view Europeans.... Wink

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Is masterbating considered a foreign act in the US? Suspect

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Doing it with your chin is definitely quite exotic, yes....

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Is masterbating considered a foreign act in the US? Suspect

Hardly! Many Acts of Congress qualify.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:07 pm

I would have thought Halfwise given your shape it would be quite normal for you?

And no doubt David many Senators too.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:06 am

hey, Petty Very Happy
Countdown to Release [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 2 Tumblr_mciwtrz7x71qmez1jo1_500
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next