azriel
Norc
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:52 pm

I doubt I'll win anything but I don't give a rat's ass. Might get voted 'finest nose' and get chased out of Forumshire by Huan as a consequence.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by Ally Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:56 pm

If only there was an 'avatar most resembling an onion/penis award'...hang on, could that be a category? Smile

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:14 pm

can I just say that Daves carrots/weird veggies should be included in the list for the Most Unique Forumshire Device Award. just sayin. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 pm

I think I kinda get what Mrs Figg is on about ? (I better be right on this !) Lets say (hypothetically) that someone allowed themselves to be voted upon, IF that person received only a few votes,(or even none?) over all, How would that "person" feel AFTER the awards & having to "face" everyone ? Would they feel a tad insecure ? would they think people think they talk an utter pile of crap ? Even,maybe,think they are not as liked as they hoped they were ? I dont know ? Its just a guess ! If Im SO wrong, I do apologise sincerely ! Shocked Maybe it feels like a "pressure thing" ? for some people ? especially if you dont feel so confident ?

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Nail. Hit On Head. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah, but let us remember that Duckie was gay- so it wasn't Andor's fault!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:00 pm

IF that person received only a few votes,(or even none?)- Azriel

Apart from me noone else knows who got how many votes- there is a winner for each category and thats it- I dont give out the vote count per person.

Although I am tempted to call dear old maw in to sort this out- she put Pretty right when she didnt want to Highland Dance in the competions with the clear, loving words: "Dinnae be a daft we bisum or I''l gie yi something tae really moan aboot." Nod

Duckie Ally? As in the duckie sold at the Duck and Muck? I always had my suspicions about that place, it was Odo's favourite pub after all. Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm

azriel wrote:I think I kinda get what Mrs Figg is on about ? (I better be right on this !) Lets say (hypothetically) that someone allowed themselves to be voted upon, IF that person received only a few votes,(or even none?) over all, How would that "person" feel AFTER the awards & having to "face" everyone ? Would they feel a tad insecure ? would they think people think they talk an utter pile of crap ? Even,maybe,think they are not as liked as they hoped they were ? I dont know ? Its just a guess ! If Im SO wrong, I do apologise sincerely ! Shocked Maybe it feels like a "pressure thing" ? for some people ? especially if you dont feel so confident ?

Oh dang it, I've heard this before and it was from another woman I'm guessing about Figgy's age who everyone thought was just the greatest and funny and a fixture in the community, and she comes to me privately and asked if everyone thought she was just a joke. The only thing that kept me from bursting out laughing was the look in her eyes - but it was kinda ridiculous because what the hell we loved and respected her to death and she just. couldn't. tell. She was one of these hang gliding folks and went on to work her ass off and ended up on the Women's World Team representing the USA, and all because she was too unsure to ever believe she was respected, she needed proof.

So that's you, dear Figgy. You write the funniest stuff and we all go rushing to see what you wrote when we see your name, and you're like a post that if it was removed everything would feel like it collapsed and not be the same. Dagnammit. Orwell positively has a crush on you. I had a crush on that Julia Mellor character then I found you were a married MRS (didn't bother Orwell, being in the same state his own self). What more do you need you lovable dingis?

Last edited by halfwise on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Like pretty much everyone else I wish that Mrs Figg will participate since she's an important member of the community, but I can understand why she's reluctant. That said, I see absolutely no reason why she should't be able to vote if she opts out of being nominated. I don't think there was any rule against un-nominated people voting in the past. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 pm

Ally wrote:If only there was an 'avatar most resembling an onion/penis award'...hang on, could that be a category? Smile

hehe, Ally you're back, finally ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Dang it all, I'm afraid I embarrassed her. Come back my little Fig-muffin!
(this may not be helping).

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Little Fig-muffin! FIG-MUFFIN!

Actually I'm not sure if that makes me feel sick, or peckish. Shocked

"I don't think there was any rule against un-nominated people voting in the past."- Eldo

There is still no rule against un-nominated people voting- the question is whether there should be a rule against withdrawn nominees voting (as a deterrent/incentive to removing your name-if everyone did what Mrs Figg wants to do there would only be voters and no nominees!)- pay attention at the back Eldo (I dont know calls himself a Lore Master! Mad )

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Would you like a "show of hands" over this ? would that help ? It does look like something, thats meant to be "fun", is getting a bit serious ? Wink

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 pm

The awards are not serious but the rules have to be- they are rules after all!

But yeah a show of hands would 'make' the new rule. I'm all for democracy. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:54 pm

I understand your concern about the Awards but I also understand why Mrs Figg feels apprehensive and I don't see any need to impose penalties for it. I can be plenty insecure myself (as some of you already know Laughing) so I do my best to be supportive and understanding of others when they struggle with similar issues. I don't know if I always succeed but I try.

TL;DR - that's a hand for not restricting voting. Wink And yes, the Awards should be fun. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 pm

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Elephantiasis-hand

The hand says everybody and anybody can vote. More is more fun!
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:03 pm

I do my best to be supportive and understanding of others when they struggle with similar issues.- Eldo

The Scotshobbit approach is quite different Eldo- a swift kick up the arse with the accompanying words- "Quit yer greetin'* and get on wi it" is the normal response. Nod

*crying

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:04 pm

I think my vote has been made clear.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 pm

btw, I think the scottshobbit approach is sometimes best, but it's good to have options as well.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 pm

I send you lots of hugs halfwise. Embarassed

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Thumbs_funny_animals_carrying_cat_zps5bb5ac6a
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 pm

I think that racoon is just looking for a pot. Twisted Evil

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am

Mrs Figg wrote:I send you lots of hugs halfwise. Embarassed

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 8 Thumbs_funny_animals_carrying_cat_zps5bb5ac6a

eHugs will do. (is that picture for real?). Taking you away would be like wiping the trees off the landscape. Don't doubt how much we value you, 'kay?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 am

I really appreciate your kind words Halfy. It makes me glad and surprised and a bit embarrased and stuff, all at the same time. Women huh? I wish I was as tough as I pretend to be, but underneath the facade theres mush, more mush. and then feet.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:44 am

Mrs Figg wrote: I wish I was as tough as I pretend to be, but underneath the facade theres mush, more mush. and then feet.

See, you keep whipping out phrases like that and then wonder why we love you.

Okay, Petty's rolling his eyes and lining up a kick to the behonkus, so we'd better get off the topic and scat.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next