azriel
Norc
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Empty 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Yep good folks of Forumshire its approaching that time of year again, no not the relase of TH, the:

NotP Sponsored 3rd Annual Forumshire Awards Ceremony sponsored by NotP

So as with previous years there will be categories made up of suggestions from the members alongside the usual reoccuring suspects like; Most Popular Male (Orwell), Most Respected (Eldo), Lore Master (Elthir), and of course the most prestigous award of the night, Most Crabbit (my humble good self).
And as before there will be a seperate set of categories for the first of the films. Best Scene. Best Character. Worst scene. Best reason to kick PJ repeatedly in the balls if you ever meet him (ok I made that last one up, but I AM suggesting it for this year ).

Any way your thoughts on categories to add for this years ceremony, I will put up shortly a list of the categories that will be reoccuring from previous years. And this years promises to be even bigger, bolder and more full of cockups than last years, due to which there may well be more advertising to pay for it all.

This presentation was brought to you by the good folks of

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Banner-2

and

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Ad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Empty Re: 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:49 pm

I've been waiting eagerly for this thread since the moment last year's ceremony folded! Very Happy The Awards have quickly become one of the highlights of my New Year's and I can't wait to see how they will turn out with all the new faces we have. cheers

I'll refrain from rambling too much until the nomination lists are posted, but I thought I'd float the idea of having an award or awards for the Creative Corner. Activity there has really taken off in the past year and I thought it might be fun to have awards for Best Story, Best Author, or what-have-you. Smile

NB Thanks as always for the amount of work you put into the Awards, Petty! Respect. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Empty Re: 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Also, I think that we need to have voting be open for at least one week (maybe two) this year because a lot of people were unable to vote last year due to being unaware of the thread until too late and/or out of town over the holidays.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:55 pm

Agreed on all points Eldo. A seperate mini awards section I think for creative corner- with quite a few possible categories as you suggest.

And I think voting can be open from the moment everyone is happy and agreed on the categories. That way evryone gets a good chance to participate in deciding categories and then everyone can either vote early or leave it later as they choose.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Hmm. I, personally at least, would rather leave voting until closer to the end of the year as there are still two solid months of happenings that could effect people's decisions. Besides, I think it makes sense for the movie awards to focus on the film itself, and that won't be out until the middle of December. But a long voting period is desirable, yes. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:06 am

There is no way you are getting the most crabbit award this year Petty. I outcrabbited your crabbit with tinkling bells on. so there. Mad and if I dont get an award this year I will be borrowing those mithril boots and planting them somewhere soft. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:16 am

Ha you wish Mrs Figg. True crabbit requires a strength of purpose, and strength is a male thing! And I have it in buckets full, somewhere round the back of the barrel, or maybe just dumped in a hole, but nevertheless I can outcrabbit your crabbit anyday of the week when I'm not too drunk. And just you wait until I've actually seen the bloody film!
I suspect there may be a crabbit cloud coming to Forumshire of such proportions, that it will make all those crabbit that came before it semm like just a bit of wind from the bottoms of your cats. Twisted Evil

Eldo- on the length of voiting time I dont really mind so long as its a good run in, I'd suggest say two weeks as the minumum and maybe the month of Decemeber as the maximum voting period?

What do others think- the awards are given around the New Year, how long a time would you like to be able to vote?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:27 am

For our newer members who may not be aware of the awards heres the links to the previous ones- and it turns out incredibly I got the title wrong! A good start! Its actually the 4th Award Ceremony would you believe?!

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t145-the-2010-official-forumshire-awards?highlight=awards

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t286-the-2011-annual-forumshire-awards?highlight=awards

http://www.hobbitmovieforum.com/t391-the-2012-annual-forumshire-awards?highlight=awards

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:08 am

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 am

I'd say two or three weeks is reasonable. We could always open voting when The Hobbit comes out on December 14 (or December 12 for Norway). That way people can vote for Forum and Movie Awards at the same time if they like. Smile

BTW, the third thread you linked to is just Orwell blathering, not a real awards thread. The actual 2012 awards haven't happened yet, naturally. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 am

Thats what I get for just doing a search for 'awards' and copying down what was there, I'd blame the buckie but I just cant bring my self to.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:34 am

Eldorion wrote:(or December 12 for Norway).

:carrot:

btw.. I had just joined the forum last year, so I didn't win anything Sad .. maybe this year... best spammer? biggest fangirl? best norcer?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:03 am

Sounds a great idea to me, what fun !, I think a month max is good, We all need to digest the film & make (if we can ?) rational ideas about it ? But, if PJ REALLY mucks it up Iv a suggestion, Here in Sussex we have skips that have PJ written on them, (company Initials) They sit on the roadside to collect rubbish from peoples properties, So, PJ, beware, you could end up in one !!

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:18 am

1st Place: This year's runaway winner was Mrs. Merv Grazinski of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Mrs. Grazinski purchased a brand new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, (from an OU football game), having driven onto the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the drivers seat to go into the back & make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the RV left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Mrs.Grazinski sued Winnebago for not advising her in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually do this. The jury awarded her $1,750,000 plus a new motor home. The company actually changed their manuals on the basis of this suit, just in case there were any other complete morons around.

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Norc wrote:btw.. I had just joined the forum last year, so I didn't win anything Sad .. maybe this year... best spammer? biggest fangirl? best norcer?

You joined less than a week before voting began though, so the nominations were already in. I think you definitely qualify for a nomination in the Best Newcomer category this year though, as well several others. Very Happy But we'll have to see how the votes turn out. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:43 pm

Yup definetly Norc will be in the best newcomer category this year- and the most sweary if there is one!

Talking of which I could do with your aid Eldo again this year- mainly in providing a list of those who qualify for the best newcomer category- and for the Missing presumed bored section, for those who have departed Forumshire never to be seen again. If you could pm those at some point in the next month that would be great and lets me get on with other Award related things the NotP have planned for this year (they better not hire WETA again to do the props after last years! Evil or Very Mad )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Last years categories-

TH film category

Best dwarf makeup
Worst dwarf makeup
Most anticipated scene
Song you would most like to see retained
Character most likely not to be in the films.
Character most looking forward to seeing
Character least looking forward to seeing
Best trailer moment
Worst trailer moment

Forum Awards-

Most Liberal
Most Pure
Most Respected
Best Nose
Best Female
Best male
Most enigmatic
Best Lore
Best news hound
Best Newspaper
Best Newcomer
Most Crabbit
Most Fun
Saviour of Forumshire Award (special award for 2011)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Norc's only been on for a year?! It seems like forever.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:44 pm

Extremely Crabbit can we have some catagories that I could actually win, this time? like Petty Nemesis or Best Huffy Fits or sumpin. just sayin. Nod
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Talking of which I could do with your aid Eldo again this year- mainly in providing a list of those who qualify for the best newcomer category- and for the Missing presumed bored section, for those who have departed Forumshire never to be seen again. If you could pm those at some point in the next month that would be great and lets me get on with other Award related things the NotP have planned for this year (they better not hire WETA again to do the props after last years! Evil or Very Mad )

I'll get the Newcomer and Missing lists to you shortly, and then send you any updates that might need to be made closer to the date this goes live. I'm glad I can help out. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:08 pm

halfwise wrote:Norc's only been on for a year?! It seems like forever.

Tell me about it. Laughing

It has been a long year though, at least for me. Some things about a year ago are still clear in my mind but all in all it feels much longer. I'm eager to see what changes there are in the Awards and the winners. I hope we don't have too many Awards that are created with a specific person in mind, those get kinda boring, but I hope to have a wide variety so we have a lot of different winners. Very Happy I think last year was pretty good about that.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 pm

halfwise wrote:Norc's only been on for a year?! It seems like forever.

I just checked and was shocked to find I have been on for less than a year. Coulda sworn it was longer than that. Lessee....when did my work productivity first drop off? scratch

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:49 pm

That means you will in for Best Newcomer Halfwise! (although not sure as a member of the old forum you should qualify as a newcomer 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread 3392635135 )

Creative corner suggestions.

Written
Best individual story.

Best serial.

Best drama

Best comedy

I think we should probably have at least one award to for the visual side of Forumshire.

Most Creative (or most artistic-somehting like that)

On the lighter side of Forumshire to sit along such things as Best Nose,

Most Risque

Best double entrende

Top Saucy Vegetable

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:08 pm

halfwise wrote:I just checked and was shocked to find I have been on for less than a year. Coulda sworn it was longer than that. Lessee....when did my work productivity first drop off? scratch

Yeah, I remember you came back just before the one year anniversary of the new forum. I was excited cause I thought you had been lost forever. It's been almost three years since you originally joined though. Checking my records ... you joined the old forum in January 2010 within a week of Petty. So in a way you're one of the oldbies. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:13 pm

I like the artistic and lighter side awards Petty suggested much better than 'best male' and 'best female': has to be actual personality attributes, though 'newcomer' is sensible. ;-)

Don't understand the 'top saucy vegetable' unless it's meant to mean what I suspect it means and Mrs Figg would definitely be a contender.

I suggest a couples category:

most interesting outcome if two ever found themselves locked in a room together

Or along the lines of creative corner (but not necessarily given to anyone):

best unique forumshire device/phrase/meme

The encryption brackets, or recurring bucky theme might fit in here.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next