RA
Mrs Figg
Orwell
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
21 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

More Hobbit pictures [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 37 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [2] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Norc Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:42 am

Lol. I am not going to see it. Do we see much? the voice? far away? up close?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

More Hobbit pictures [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 37 Empty Re: More Hobbit pictures [2] SPOILER THREAD

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:15 am

chris63 wrote:following you

Heh, thanks. Smile I don't think I've posted anything in a while though. :/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:16 am

Norc wrote:Lol. I am not going to see it. Do we see much? the voice? far away? up close?

Nah, there isn't much. Smaug's tail and one of his wings flies through the frame and you see a fireball going towards what I think is Dale (in flashback, presumably). Chances are there's not going to be much more than that glimpse in the first film.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks to you all I am just waiting on pins and needles( honestly why would anyone EVER be that stupid?) to get my ticket on line.

Question, I am rather feminine and I do like to dress that way going out. But since i will be alone, honestly I don't want my friends to come, they will not be quiet. All i will hear is how nummy the chocolate is, why we should not eat the nachos(too many carbs") etc, so my question is=====should I dress feminine or should I wear jeans, a faux fur jacket, some leather boots and a beanie (it is cold here at the moment) so that when I start tearing up and people turn around they will think I can handle it alone?

I am not joking. I have been in such stupid situations you cannot believe. Just because at one rock concert I was a little overcome at one song, a boy of fifteen, FIFTEEN asked me out for coffee after and it took my girlfriend to squelch that with her amazing withering looks. It was the worst. I pointed out my sons to him, we were all in a rock band together at the time, and he said ' what's your point? So either i am going to have to just NOT CRY , good luck with that, or look tougher. So what say you all. Please help me, I want to get the most out of the evening.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:00 am

I am so angry, they shouldn't show anything of Smaug until Bilbo sees him!! Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am

To hell with others leelee- if you like to get the glam on and dress up for a night out then go for it. And if you cry and ruin your eyeliner and end the film with a face like a watercolour of a panda that been left out in the rain then so what.
I have a similar problm as my face can get very red and puffy withthe crabbit. Nod

Norc you are of course right, absolutely right.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am

I am always right, petty Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:17 am

That sounds to me like the certainity you only get from buckie Norc- are you still drunk? I do hope so, its only day 2 of you being 18 youve at least another 20 years of drunkeness and overconfidence to go before it kills you. Nod

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:20 am

Suspect no it's just because I am overly tired because it's dark like freaking Mordor here.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 am

What? Im just saying, get it doon yi, make the most of it. drunken You dont want to be an old person one day do you? Buckie is your guarantee against ageing. Nod Much more effective than Oil of Ulay (and much easier to drink).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 am

wow. you probably know all about that.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:29 am

Nod drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 am

being old.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:40 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:To hell with others leelee- if you like to get the glam on and dress up for a night out then go for it. And if you cry and ruin your eyeliner and end the film with a face like a watercolour of a panda that been left out in the rain then so what.
I have a similar problm as my face can get very red and puffy withthe crabbit. Nod

Norc you are of course right, absolutely right.

Hear hear!
Then again Leelee, you could disguise yourself and later when people talk about 'that guy who cried like a girl during the Hobbit', you can say: "I know, I was there! It was embarrassing!" Nod

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:16 am

How else are they going 2 set up the obvious forbearing romamce 4 film2? It's all about continuity

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:40 am

being old.- Norc

Yup, by Scottish standards I am indeed old!

'Scotland has one of the lowest life expectancy levels in the EU. Mr Frischbacher said that alcohol-related deaths were "way above" those in Europe.'- BBC

As a good Scotshobbit I am well on track to helping maintain that fine statistic. Nod drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:27 pm

that is depressing..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:40 pm

I bet you are really T-total Petty.

Dark like Mordor. Norc, if you hear sniffing things in black cloaks. RUN.

Leelee, just wear your normal clothes underneath a huge faux fur coat down to your ankles, and then you can hide in it if you cry, and if anyone bothers you, let out a growl like a bear and say you are Beorns wife. That should make them back-off quick enough. and it will keep you warm. Very Happy

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 pm

btw, has anyone got a screencap of Smaug? bounce
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:48 pm

I bet you are really T-total Petty.- Mrs Figg

Shocked What an outragous thing to say! Mad Despicable. Mad

has anyone got a screencap of Smaug?- Mrs Figg

Best I can do from the crappy quality of the vid. Once a bettr vid is up should be able to see better.
He looks too dark to me. Shrugging

More Hobbit pictures [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 37 Vlcsnap-2012-11-30-12h46m01s176

More Hobbit pictures [2] SPOILER THREAD - Page 37 Vlcsnap-2012-11-30-12h45m52s72

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:50 pm

is that a wing? on the vid Smaugs shot is really quick and I cant make it out.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Yeah its shot from above Smaug, he flies into frame from the right, you mainly see his wing, a bit of his back and some tail- but the quality is really bad.
But he looks like a Black Dragon here to me. Mad Combined with PJ's description of him being decrepit and I'm now a bit worried that he will not be Smaug the Magnificant anymore and definetly not Golden. Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:59 pm

well to be honest I always thought of Smaug as well past his sell by date. I think of him as ancient and withered, not young and muscular. I think he is an ancient and cunning Dragon, still powerful by anyones standards but a bit like the white Dragon in Harry Potter, still super dangerous but a bit OAP. I think PJ has got the right idea. Otherwise he will look too much like a generic Hollywood perfect Dragon, whereas Smaug is all about character. He needs to look old and cunning not young and perfect.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Old yes, but decrepit?

-wasted and weakened by or as if by the infirmities of old age
-impaired by use or wear : worn-out
b : fallen into ruin or disrepair

Webster dictionary.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:09 pm

Its just another way of describing ancient. I want Smaug to be ancient. I want to see flashes of his past magnificence only when he storms forth from the mountain to get revenge, but before that he has to be a wily old fox, smug and arrogant, sly and subtle, magnificent in his malice.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next