Orwell
David H
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Ally
25 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by David H Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Looks like the plants out competed the humans! 1-0 plants.
We have chinese knot weed and rodedendrons here which are invaders that choke out all the other plants, my friends job is destroying them - so keeps him in gainful employment if nothing else.

The climates of Scotland and the Pacific Northwest seem to attract the same plants. We fight the knotweed here too, but our rhododendrons are native. We do have to fight the Scotch Broom though. They brought it over as an ornamental shrub and to stabilize the beach sand, but now itt crowds everything out Mad
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Petty Polar Bears dont use chainsaws and Tigers dont drive cars. we are not a foreign imposition, we are animals but animals that wage war on Nature.
mind you a Tiger driving a Jag might be fun. Cool
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Petty Polar Bears dont use chainsaws and Tigers dont drive cars.- Mrs Figg

Yes but thats why we're winning the competion game! Very Happy

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:37 pm

:facepalm:
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Murray loses second set against Baghdatis after squanding a break. 1-1 all. Rolling Eyes Mad Sad

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Bet they call him British if he wins it and Scottish if he loses. Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 am

He is still British then!

Is it a case of the vocal minority that actualyl want independence for Scotland or is it a general feeling? When I speak to most people down Sarf (thats South), they would rather see Scotland stay part of the UK.

Makes me wonder in a day and age where things seem to be slowly merging together that there are still feelings like that... does Scotland actually get treated that badly?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 pm

If you have a nosey on the Big Bad Serious under the thread called Freedom you will get plenty info Lance. (You can even watch the latest TV debate on the matter)
Its basically about politics- we are left of centre, England right of centre (or further)- we vote left every time- we get right every time- Scotland is majority anti-nuclear yet we house the UK nuclear stockpile within 40 miles of our biggest population centre (and 20 of me)-something has to give.
Right now the electorate here is split according to polls 3-ways. 1/3 want independence. 1/3 want to stay. 1/3 want fruther devoved powers. Which means there are 2/3 not happy with the status quo.
Got nothing to do however with wanting away from the English, or against the English people- its purely a wish to express ourselves politically.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Idiot Italian drivers are making me very very crabbit. I am English and used to people in England stopping at the zebra crossing to let you pass, you only have to look at the zebra crossing and cars stop (which is sometimes unnerving but anyway) so I stop for this old lady to pass and this complete twat overtakes my car while the woman is in the middle of the road, misses her by inches and carries on as if nothing untoward had happened. Call me old fashioned but I was shocked at the sheer stupidity and arrogance, (and if I could have got away with it I would have got out and slapped the idiot driver good and proper), this is the third time this year this has happened, the other time was with a mum and kid coming out from school. I have come to the conclusion my courtesy is putting people at risk, its better not to stop to let people pass in case some brainless moron decides not to stop behind me. The mentality of these people boggles my mind. No
and the thing that realy makes me mad is the police can do nothing, unless someone is injured or worse. I took the reg number and went to the station and told them what had happened and I shouldnt have bothered. I dont know what happens about dangerous driving in other countries, but it seems unfair that people should be allowed to risk innocent lives. or what? Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:13 pm

that's ridiculous! jeez!! but I'm afraid there are morons in traffic everywhere (but it seems some countries more so)..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Thunder storms and Hailstones- must be summer! Evil or Very Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:08 pm

got a bit of heat exhaustion yesterday, went all clammy and cold and shivery in 40 degrees, not a good move, so I am inside in the cool today, its melting the tarmac outside. My poor kitties are flat out in the garden under the trees, it must be horrible with a fur coat on. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:50 pm

What you need is a cold buckie Mrs Figg. A refreshing buckie bath followed by on eof the lovely Scotshobbit treats on the recipes in the all new National Recipes Thread I'm creating (and yes, most of mine do involve buckie).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 pm

That is good advice, petty. It has been 37 plus for the last week straight here. I have survived on cold home brews and vodka-lemonades. Well, the occasional stint inside the AC or dips in the lake have helped, but home brews and vodka deserve the most credit, I think.
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

https://facebook.com/david.head.9085

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:51 pm

so basically the advice is have a bath in an alcoholic toxic substance while drinking Minsk Juice?
interesting. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Works for me!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:24 pm

you know what makes me crabbit, sad and scared? we found another breivik.. same views on everything, had a blog. how do people get so unattached to the world that they turn into these monsters? these... cold hearted .. i don't have the words! but then I thought of something, I think I know why. We aren't surrounded by people the way we were a hundred years ago. more and more people isolate themselves.. you can do everything through internet. you don't technically need to leave the house and talk to people anymore. you distance yourself, and it goes to a point where people who miss certain keys in their emotional or whatever part of their brain, become really dangerous!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:31 pm

We had a long conversation about those kind of people when we were talking about school shootings (particularly Columbine) in my acting class. I feel like such isolated people enjoy causing the general public discomfort because they feel that no one understands them and that no one listens. Such animosity is the only way they think they can reach out to people and get them to listen. It makes sense, because people are so thick headed these days, but that doesn't make it right.

On another note, I finished my weather top lego set in 2 days, only to have it crushed to pieces by my little cousins :facepalm:

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 4 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:36 pm

but these aren't misunderstood youngsters, these are nazis-racist things! they isolate themselves and think they understand the world, but they don't! i dunno how to say it, but it seems many people (not just mass murderes) live in their own little bubble and looses the image of what the world is all about!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Problem is Norc we all live in our own little bubble, every last one of us- it can't be any other way as we all have an individual perception of the world which only exists in our own heads.
For me the difference is with some people the bubble they are in starts to only refect themselves back, so everywhere they look they see a world arrayed against them and in their own little world only they can put it right.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:44 pm

I feel like that's always the case. People see things there own way, and they get so obsessed with it that it becomes them. Ideas are like diseases; they burn like a fever and make you sick! There's some comfort in knowing that you know something that no one else does, some kind of truth (even if it's completely false in reality) and you feel obligated to show everyone that truth whatever means necessary. It makes them feel important. As to loosing their sense of reality, I completely blame the media. 100%.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:47 pm

yes, and the fact that the world is changing and the fact that you can isolate yourself makes it even worse. I mean, we soon can go to the store and don't even have to say hello to the person behind the desk, we can blip it ourself! the post offices are disappearing, we get everything right in out mail! it's just .. scary... we (and of course not all of us) forget that humans are social ! we need people around us, to correct us, to guide us, to relay on, to get other views on the world, to have friends, to have people we don't like, but have to tolerate! you see what I mean? dangerous people can get even more dangerous (no doubt this murdere has some faults in his brain, there is something he don't get, he must have a diagnose) because they can isolate themselves and wrap themselves up in their own thoughts and ideas without being corrected.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:49 pm

I agree Tinuviel except about the media- Jack the Ripper wasn't because of the media, or Vlad the Impaler.
Buckingham Palace wasn't surrounded on heads on spikes because Shakepseare was putting Macbeth on at the Globe.
Media reflects society it doesn't lead it, thats a misnomer in my view. Drama, music comes out of society, its comes from members of it, from within, so its always actually behind the curve.
History has no shortage of vile butchers and the 'media' has only existed for a short period of time- it cannot explain virgins raped by baboons in colleseums for the entertainment of Romans- for why that was popular we have to be a lot more honest when looking at ourselves as a species. The media is a scapegoat.

I agree with you both Norc, Tin on the points on isolationsim in the modern western world however.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:30 am

I'm not saying that the media is causing them to think murderously, I'm saying that it warps their views of reality. If you're isolated and don't have experiences of your own, what do you have to go off of? Well, there's the handy television with "reality TV" and trashy shows (I'm guilty of watching several Embarassed ) about highschool and work places that are so out of proportion it's nuts! but if you can't experience life for yourself, TV is really all you have to go off of. You don't know what people are actually like in reality. That can screw someone up.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:54 pm

I think there is a great difference between a sociopath/psycopath and having a chip on your shoulder against 'the world', there are people who own guns and who would never in a million years go out on the rampage, ironically I think we are in certain respects the least isolated generation of people in history, until the invention of the telephone and tv, it took immense amounts of time to communicate with the outside world, relying on the pony post. In the medieval times up until the 19th century some people never left their villages and knew very little of world events, they were isolated in their own small bubble of reality, and that small claustrophobic atmosphere probably led to many injustices like witch hunting. Now we have instant access and Twitter, we are constantly watched by CCTV, we are more mobile and travel more, I think we are not isolated physically either, there are billions of us. maybe a few misfits bunker themselves into their rooms and become warped by too much ultra violent video gaming and hate groups and fail to connect with reality, but there have always been misfits, only those with intense mental problems go on to kill.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next