Orwell
David H
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Ally
25 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 2 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Orwell Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 pm

I'll have you know people, I have been quite friendly with many women in my time - yes, and some of them bats! Very Happy

{{{As to you Petty - watch it! Mad }}}

{{{As to you, Mrs Figg - how dare you call me flighty? Mad Are you suggesting I 'fly' whenever a hobbit lass tries to grips with me? Mad Of course I don't - it's just unfortunately I often coincidentally have pressing other engagements... errr... now and then.... You must ask me about the lasses I have loved before, yes indeed. There's a story in that.... notthatyouneedtogoandask:oops: ... I mean, a Lady hobbit must, instead, trust that I am a red hot lover! Imagine me like a red hot fire iron.... Nod Except, of course, when I've got suddenly remembered other engagements that draw me swiftly away from the occasional erotic embrace... err.... from time to time.... Embarassed }}}

{{I'll sought you out one day, Petty, just see if I don't! Mad }}}

{{Maths? Ally - are you perchance a Goony Bird? Suspect}}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 2 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Ally Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Orwell wrote:I'll have you know people, I have been quite friendly with many women in my time - yes, and some of them bats! Very Happy

{{{As to you Petty - watch it! Mad }}}

{{{As to you, Mrs Figg - how dare you call me flighty? Mad Are you suggesting I 'fly' whenever a hobbit lass tries to grips with me? Mad Of course I don't - it's just unfortunately I often coincidentally have pressing other engagements... errr... now and then.... You must ask me about the lasses I have loved before, yes indeed. There's a story in that.... notthatyouneedtogoandask:oops: ... I mean, a Lady hobbit must, instead, trust that I am a red hot lover! Imagine me like a red hot fire iron.... Nod Except, of course, when I've got suddenly remembered other engagements that draw me swiftly away from the occasional erotic embrace... err.... from time to time.... Embarassed }}}

{{I'll sought you out one day, Petty, just see if I don't! Mad }}}

{{Maths? Ally - are you perchance a Goony Bird? Suspect}}}

YES I ate the maximum number of biscuits it is socially acceptable to eat as one person last night So What Rolling Eyes

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:31 pm

I once ate a whole packet of Jaffa Cakes in one sitting and then I barfed them all up in one chocolate smelling pool of shame. Embarassed
but now Orwell doesnt love me any more I can get love handles, I dont care. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Did I mention I don't like Michael Gove?!!!!! Or the all out sustained attack on teachers?

ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!

(Sorry but $%U££%^%^%%^ time at work at the mo! and education policy still being released through the media instead of being discussed with the profession!)

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 am

Back to grammars and splitting the wheat from the chaff at 14 before you know it Kafria. Well, unless Gove announces something else in The Sun tomorrow. Rolling Eyes

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Slightly less crabbit today ( the weekend and the half bottle of wine I have already consumed have nothing to do with it Shocked - although securing gymnastics tickets for the olympics this evening also helped! Very Happy Very Happy )

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Way too much sport going on this summer

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:14 am

Insomnia! Evil or Very Mad Every so often and for no reason I can ever find, I get a bad dose of it. Last night got 3 and a half hours sleep, its now 3.12am here and I've an appointment to attend in the morning. And I'm still here, completely buggered but completely unable to sleep- no matter how much buckie I drink. Evil or Very Mad
Screw you universe- I just want to Sleep

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:24 am

AAArrrrrgh! 4.23am, can barely stay propped up yet cant sleep at all. Evil or Very Mad Anyone know a good insomnia cure short of continuely bashing my head of a wall till I knock myself out?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:35 am

I could post my full argument concerning goblins and orcs being exactly the same thing... it's about 43 pages long and should put most folk right to sleep.

Wink
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:38 am

Thing is Elthir I suspect I am the sort who would instead find it fascinating and sit taking notes as I read.
I also now fully expect it to appear in handy to read installments on its own suitably titled thread. Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:50 am

Oops... well I shouldn't have mentioned my goblin papers now in any case... as I have to go to bed (and I may have exaggerated the length a bit, for effect).

Also...

yawn

Did that help? Yawning can be contagious as well as trigger intracranial sleep paralatitudes. Good luck. Yawn.

Last edited by Elthir on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:55 am

Mmm, wonder if iI can get my cats to yawn at me? They normally do it pretty frequently anyway and never seem to suffer insomnia.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by yooper Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:32 am

if more buckie doesn't do the trick then ya might be SOL.

Or you could pick up War and Peace... I have tried to read it a couple of times but it has always put me right to sleep.
yooper
yooper
Lucky Number

https://facebook.com/david.head.9085

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:26 am

camomile tea with loads of honey always works for me, its a relaxant, and the smell is a bit like the infusion Aragorn gave Faramir and Eowyn in the House of Healing, you will get the tang of Alpine meadows in the sun, a freshly mowed pasture full of Edelweiss. If that doesnt do the trick get a troll to brain you with its club. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:15 pm

I thought camomille was a type of soap. Shrugging
I went for the troll option, was easier and Bear Murdock was suprisingly keen to help. Suspect
Got almost 4 hours sleep in the end. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:19 pm

I went to bed at 4am in the end- just woke up- I am unemployed you see and drink a lot Laughing

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Not crabbit really, but quite sad.

Great loads of debris from the Japanese tsunami are starting to wash up on the beach here.

Thousands of fishing floats, bottles, jugs and containers of every description. Pieces of painted wood that were once houses.

Appliances, boats, rubber boots, sandals, children's toys. Millions of pieces of styrofoam......

All encrusted with large alien barnacles that grew unmolested in the year that it took to drift across the Pacific Ocean.

Pretty horrible to even think about.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:27 pm

we dont get any news about those poor people any more, news has moved on, it must be very strange to be getting constant reminders, how sad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

On the plus side huge tasty boiled barncles for tea and plenty driftwood to build the fire to cook em in. Life goes on Mrs Figg and waste not want not.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:16 pm

They tell us to watch particularly for shoes with the laces tied, as they can often still have the remains of feet in them that can be DNA tested and returned to their families. Haven't found any yet.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:On the plus side huge tasty boiled barncles for tea and plenty driftwood to build the fire to cook em in. Life goes on Mrs Figg and waste not want not.

My understanding is that a lot of the barnacles and other sea life represent a threat of invasive species. For example, when a 66-foot concrete dock washed up in Oregon, the state moved quickly to kill all the creatures and plants before they could spread (even going so far as to blowtorch the dock). Possibly excessive but I understand why they're worried.

http://www.npr.org/2012/06/19/155380945/officials-wary-as-japanese-tsunami-junk-washes-up
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 pm

On another note, the weather is making me extremely crabbit. Highs for today are hovering around 100°F (38°C), but with humidity the heat index is more like 110°F (43°C). It's been like this for a few days now and will probably continue through weekend at least. Mad

I keep wanting to go for a walk or go biking (my brother and I had made plans for tomorrow) but with how hot it is that's not going to happen. There's even a heat advisory saying to be careful, but being outside even for a few minutes was enough to make me realize that.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:21 pm

oh Eldo HOW I understand, its 40 degrees here and humidity hotter than Norcs sauna, I want to do stuff but instead I end up lying in bed fanning myself like Scarlet Ohara in Tara, these bustles are blinking hot. Mad I pity the holidaymakers getting off the plane at Pisa airport, it must be like opening an oven door, luckily I am a bit acustomed to it (((yeah right No )))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 pm

wel, at least you are on the right side of the scale. We had below zero tonight and a frighteningly 3-10 degrees celsius throughout the day, but colder since the wind was quite heavy and icing cold. I'm really sick now Sad give me some pity please! and I haven't slept tonight
which makes it a lot worse.. but hey, I'm not crabbit, I ignored my sickness and went on hiking in the mountains, I really wanted to see that canyon.. Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next