Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Ally
25 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 8 Empty crabbit

Post by leelee Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 am

Eldorion wrote:Yeah, vertigo is sometimes a problem. Laughing They always have a warning before every presentation that if you feel nauseous you should just close your eyes for a few seconds and the sensation will pass. Fortunately that's never happened to me but if I look down -- the seats are on a very steep incline facing the screen -- my heart definitely starts racing. Very Happy

I have never felt ill, but for some reason my sinuses always hurt. But I love love love Imax
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 8 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Ally Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Fun trick to play: Get someone to fall for you, marry-now here's the fun bit- divorce and take half of everything. Very Happy

Joking!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 8 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [2]

Post by Elthir Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:27 pm

There's now a third Hobbit film.... correct?

If so put me down for an extra amount, roughly 33 percent more, of crabbit then... or at least that I now expect an extra crabbitualization.

Or something like that. I never claimed to be good at math.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:37 pm

put me down for 7% more crabbit. Very Happy

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 8 0454_57bf-1
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Elthir, I think you actually want to be 50% more crabbit, as 3 movies is 1.5 times 2 movies. Sorry if that's more work for you.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks David! More work it will have to be I guess. Serves me right for trying, as I thought three movies was or were divisible by the sum total of all of Jackson's films combined.... none of which I have liked so far.

But as I haven't see them all (I saw Kong however), I subtracted the percentage of the remaining hypotenuse.
Elthir
Elthir
Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:52 pm

reelly want this coat! Sad

Things that are making you crabbit! [2] - Page 8 Wool-grey-fantasy-coat-heritrix-of-the-winter
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:53 pm

You could get at least 10 bottles of buckie safely stowed in those sleeves! I approve. Nod

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:37 am

Quiteness. Was on ealrier- went out had a very nice time with some very nice poeple and had a very nice buckie or ten and come back and its so quiet!
Gives me the chills walking through Needlehole when its like this and not the good sort of chills a pretty lass sends tingling under you kilt either! Mad

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:00 am

I had the same feeling when I woke up to see almost no new posts. I hope everyone is doing well and is just out partying all weekend long or something. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:04 am

Look. If I don't stay up late, watching episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and then looking them up on Wikipedia while eating mango chunks, who will? Rolling Eyes

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 am

A very valid question, Ally. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 pm

things that are making me crabbit. T.O.W.I.E is making me very very crabbit, why has England turned into a vulgar brash fake tanned Jersey Shore/Jordan love child? why is a man showing his willy on a 'comedy' programme? it doesnt shock me but its just tacky. People who live in the UK probably dont notice, but I did, why do all the men look like poofters? Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:26 pm

This is why I dont watch TV anymore Mrs Figg but rather stuff on i-player and its like.
Even on the BBC there has been a move towards cheaper reality rather than investing in drama or comedy as inthe past. They get the viewers it seems and the savings. So sadly its unlikely to stop.
Fortunetly quality drama has made a fight back in recent years, inpart led by Moffat-now we have Who and Sherlock on primetime.
And BBC4 has a good drama track record too. But its still way down on the old BBC output with its plays for the day and the like.
Comedy is another matter- apart from some good panel shows like QI and HAve I got News for You sitcoms are either nonexistant or bloody awful.
I assume the comedy you refer to was Keith Lemon- if so you will be saddened to know this nonentity has a film being made right now.
He is host, in the guise of Keith Lemon, of a popular quiz/entertainment show Celebrity Juice, which is mainly popular for having squeaky clean daytime tv hosts Fearne Cotton and Holly Willoughby as team captains. That Lemon refers to Holly as Holly Willybooby (and he sometimes gets her to say rude things) and the show has a rabid twitter following should tell you all you need to know about it.
You may wonder how I know all this, and the sad fact is the twat is everywhere; tv, films, magazines, newspapers. You cant aoid him leering at you from somewhere it seems.
I have no idea what his popularity is based on, it doesn't seem to be talent though.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 pm

Alan Partridge film next year Very Happy

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:55 pm

that Lemon person is tiresome, I hadnt seen UK tv for two years since my last visit and in two years all these nonentities have sprung up like mushrooms in poop. There was another comedy sketch show with an idiot with a huge black haired quiff, he is dark skinned and wears eyeliner, cant remember the name, thats where the naked guy was, and then there is a dating show with 30 girls to be chosen by some plonker for a date. its just dross of the first water.
Obviously not all of the programming was bad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 am

Not fair that Orwell can post in locked threads and I cannot!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 am

Good bloody question Ally! Suspect And more importantly can I do it too as a mod?- and even more importantly why would I want to? drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:34 am

He shouldn't be able to. Suspect Actually I didn't realize that mods could do that until now because I'd never tried to. Rather annoying, really, but I guess that's Orwell for you. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 am

Too true Eldo, too true! Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:14 am

Could folks please stop being so damned entertaining! I should have gone to bed at least an hour ago. You are so inconsiderate! Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:22 am

Just when I thought I was out ... they pull me back in.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:31 am

Ahh Forumshire you are just like buckie. Kissing
Great fun at the time but you regret it in the morning! Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:32 am

I should be working on my new story that I want to post here, but hanging out and chatting is just too much fun. Very Happy Fortunately it's not that late in my time zone yet. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next