Tinuviel
Norc
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
22 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:51 am

I think I've drank to much Buckie- Tin

That is an oxymoron your Majesty! Although it does explain why the buckie cellar is emptying as fast as I can fill it. Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:17 am

From PJ's Facebook page-

Our new video will be ready very soon - in fact our video blog crew has already left for Comic Con, and we'll be capturing a behind the scenes look at our experiences there. We're talking about possibly including a few clips from our Hobbit reel in the blog.
We are also working on our next trailer, which you should expect to see sometime in September.

Lastly, let me give you more detail about my decision to screen the Hobbit Reel at Comic Con in 2-D and 24 fps. My LA Times quotes are brief and the topic deserves a little more detail than that. We have conducted many private screenings of Hobbit footage in the US and several international territories, running the same reel twice - once at 24fps, and secondly at 48fps. This has allowed distributors and exhibitors direct comparison of the two formats. The response has been universally strong for the higher frame rate of 48fps.
When we screened only the 48fps reel at CinemaCon a few months ago, some bloggers focussed stories, not on the content, but on their negative reaction to 10 mins of high frame rate footage. This reaction convinced me that the only fair way to experience 48fps, is to sit down and watch a complete feature length movie, with a narrative, not quick trailer cuts. Do I want the ComicCon Hobbit stories to be all about 48 fps? Of course I don't. I want to present footage from a movie we're all proud of, with terrific performances and I'm looking forward to seeing what you think.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:25 am

"Waah, waah, people don't like the new format that I'm pimping out."

I hope he fixes the color grading problems in between all his whining. Razz

I am looking forward to the new trailer, though! I'm a bit surprised that it won't be out until September but it's still exciting to hear any word on it. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:29 am

Tinuviel wrote:He might show Mordor, since the Necromancer is in the films. Does the WC know about the rebuilding going on in Mordor at this time? I didn't think they did. I thought they met about Dol Guldur scratch Could someone please clarify? I think I've drank to much Buckie in anticipation for tomorrow... drunken

According to the Tale of Years, Sauron returned to Mordor secretly in Third Age 2941 (the year of the events of The Hobbit and his expulsion from Dol Guldur) but it was not until 2951 that "Sauron declares himself openly and gathers power in Mordor. He begins the rebuilding of Barad-dur." There may have been a few Ringwraiths in Mordor in 2941, but there's no book-based reason to include in the White Council story. Not that that's stopped PJ before. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:30 am

Thanks Eldo Very Happy I'll build you a new tower to stay in! You deserve one!

Countdown to Release | SPOILER THREAD - Page 3 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:33 am

chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:36 am

Tinuviel wrote:Thanks Eldo Very Happy I'll build you a new tower to stay in! You deserve one!

Thank you, Your Maj! I'll be sure to keep a close eye on the keys to this one. Cool
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 am

I know I've been a little harsh on EW for his Frodo performance but he's always come across as a really cool guy in interviews and I have a lot of respect for his resistance to typecasting since LOTR came out. I'm actually a little curious to see what exactly his role will be in the 'bookends', even though I don't think they're necessary. They could turn out neat.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:03 pm

as regards PJ, if this 48fps cannot stand up to scrutiny in 10 minutes what makes him think that a whole film is going to stand up any better? he seems to think people dont like 10 minutes as it is jarring, yes its jarring because its ugly. If your eye finds something wrong with so little that means there is something wrong with all of it. film at 24fps doesnt do this, because it looks good, you dont need this 'moment for your eyes to make the adjustment. so basically he is saying 10 minutes is ugly but the whole film is great. I am NOT convinced.
another thing, if its so great why does he even care what 'bloggers' think? surely the proof is in the pudding, why the hell would he pander to bloggers anyway? because they are NOT bloggers, they are specialy invited respected members of the film press and main stream newspapers like Empire and folk like that, he is insulting their intelligence by calling them all the dismissive term blogger, this smacks of some serious ass covering.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:39 pm

I doubt they'll show the 48fps again publicly until the first movie is released. That gives them the maximum time to tweak and tinker with the look of it, and just as importantly to create buzz. There was the same kind of uncertain buzz around Avitar's 3D in the months before it was released, and it certainly didn't seem to hurt the first week's boxoffice numbers any!
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm currently watching the live feed from comic con on TORn, and PJ just talked about the possiblity of having 3 films, the third being all of the footage cut out from the previous two movies. That's what I picked up, but the feed's been kind of shaky.

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:11 pm

I can see this 'left overs' 3rd film morphing into the bridge film originally mooted.

Kerp us posted Tin- my internets on a go slow and Daves is run by field mice and Mrs Figg's pc seems to be a disguised calculator- so I'm sure we'd all appreciate any info.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Will do! I think the panel itself starts in about 15 minutes!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Good stuff your Maj- our own Royal Correspondent! Very Happy I'll go get some rasberry buckies out the cellar for you shall I?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Yes please! All the random chatter is going to drive me crazy Mad

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Everyone and their cat making inane comments then? Well it is TorN Very Happy
Two barrels, fresh in off the ship Your MAjesty. Queen size.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Didn't TORn just run a story a few days ago saying that the third movie idea had been rejected?

Why yes, they did. I thought we had enough stupid rumors and contradictory bullshit when the project was in development hell. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Anyway, the Warner Bros. presentation is starting in literally just a few minutes, though supposedly Man of Steel and Pacific Rim are going to go first. I'm actually quite curious about Pacific Rim, in part because it's the movie GDT's been working on instead of The Hobbit. However, I'm not going to be able to stay here during the entire panel, so I'm counting on you guys to report everything here while I listen to live Star Wars music and fireworks. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Thank you, Your Majesty! I just glanced in at TorN, but my little critters can't run fast enough to download the live feed, so all I get is the chatter. It should be starting exactly NOW. Think I'll go peek again.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 pm

drunken drunken
The live stream has stopped, I think it's because there aren't any cameras allowed inside, which sucks for us Evil or Very Mad and they're only allowed to blog, so I'm not sure if we'll see the entire footage ever, although PJ said there may be parts of the footage in his next video, which will be coming out after comic con

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Watching the live (EDIT: not live) video but I can barely hear a thing they're saying.

Trying to ignore the inane chatroom that takes up most of the screen. Mad

Last edited by Eldorion on Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:31 pm

http://www.theonering.net/live/comiccon/hobbit/

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Tinuviel wrote: drunken drunken
The live stream has stopped, I think it's because there aren't any cameras allowed inside, which sucks for us Evil or Very Mad and they're only allowed to blog, so I'm not sure if we'll see the entire footage ever, although PJ said there may be parts of the footage in his next video, which will be coming out after comic con

People usually record the stuff on their phones anyway and put it up on YouTube or elsewhere, so we may get unofficial, low-quality copies of it.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:38 pm

So, uh, do we just wait for up to two hours while TORn periodically tells us that The Hobbit section still hasn't started yet? Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:39 pm

According to a different live blog Guillermo del Toro is the first one up.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next